RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
Rupert pours the salve into his palms and rubs his thick hands together as he moves past Royce and squares up in front of the optically confusing opponent.  He can feel a light tingling across his knuckles and his thick skin feels hard and rough. For just a moment he is back in his earliest bare-handed combat training, doing simple shadow boxing exercises, fighting his own reflection in one of the training mirrors.  Indeed, with the exception of the flexibility and random patterns of movement, this really was the same kind of exercise.  He led with a solid left jab, but the thing twisted out of the way at the very last second.  His following right hook, however, landed solidly and he felt the pane crack beneath his fist.  In reflection, he feels a similar contusion form on his chest (1st attack misses, 2nd hits.  6 points of damage are reflected back on Rupert.}

Royce applies the salve to his longsword, and he moves up next to Rupert to help provide the bare-fisted giff some additional defense.  He slashes expertly with his sword, but is unable to connect with the fractine.

The crackling and splintering noises from Rupert's strike, unlike the hits that landed previously, continues for a few seconds and all of the crew on the forecastle and see that the single entity reflects the lights around the ship in a beautiful flash of rainbows as it breaks in to two separate entities, roughly half the size of the original.  The cracks and damage of the relentless attacks of the crew are obvious whenever someone catches a reflection of a part of either.  The original flits forward, passing through both Rupert and Ashheart.  {OOC: Rupert take 5 damage and please give me a DC 15 CHR save}  As the reflective horror passes through Ashheart, it seems to slip him of his solidity, leaving behind only a ghostly and translucent version of the warforged mate.  The new one, cartwheels through Threadvine and slick, ending it's somersault floating just off the deck of the forecastle. As the thing flips through Threadvine he vanishes from where he was standing.  From beneath the ship everyone can hear the captain say "What the.. *thump*" as he appears some distance below the bottom of the ship and immediately falls upwards into the bottom of the ship.  Slick hisses at the cuts the broken edges of the thing deliver to her, but appears to suffer no other effect.

Bazz, it is your turn and you know this new one is positioned south of Slick to your lower-right.

Round 2
Bill - 21.15
Annabelle - 18.12
Cash - 11.14
Rupert - 11
Royce - 10.19
Glass - 9.16
Threadvine - 8.16
Bazz - 8
Slick = 7.17
Ashheart - 4.15
Chick - 4.14
Melville - 2

[Image: glassbattle_3_2.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
CHAR Save = [1d20-1] = 5-1 = 4
(01-25-2021, 12:09 PM)Rupert Gladestone Wrote: CHAR Save = [1d20-1] = 5-1 = 4

As the fractine flashes through Rupert, he feels suddenly untethered, not only from the ship but from reality itself for just a moment.  When Rupert's reflection folds forward and through him, he suddenly vanishes, just like the captain.  Instantly he reappears, having been teleported roughly thirty feet to starboard.  He immediately drops 20', passing through the gravity plane, slows and reverses.  He begins a rapid oscillation across the gravity plane, finding the balance.  While below the ship he can see Captain Threadvine picking himself up off the bottom hull.
[OoC: So what exact square is Rupert in? ]
I've updated the map to reflect Rupert's location. By the time it gets back to his turn, he will have settled to the plane.
[OoC: Sorry for the delay.  Working overnights then working day shifts is not fun. ]

[Bonus Action]
Bazz gives the captain Bard Inspiration

[Action]
Ranged Spell Attack: Eldritch Blast: [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17, Damage: [1d10] = 9
(01-27-2021, 03:19 AM)Bazzalan Horngrin Wrote: [OoC: Sorry for the delay.  Working overnights then working day shifts is not fun. ]

[Bonus Action]
Bazz gives the captain Bard Inspiration

[Action]
Ranged Spell Attack: Eldritch Blast: [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17, Damage: [1d10] = 9

No worries.  I believe that you have to have line of sight to grant a bardic inspiration and the captain is currently out of sight on the bottom on the ship.  Only Rupert has momentary sight of him as the gift bobs on the gravity plane.

Which one are you shooting at?  I believe you have disadvantage on doing a ranged spell attack while you have one right next to you, but I will check in the morning on that as it may only be when attacking the one next to you, so you might be able to attack the other without disadvantage.
I checked and you do have disadvantage on any ranged attacks you make while in melee range with an opponent.  You have seen these things enough to be pretty sure that they will not take opportunity attacks if you want to move away from it first.
(01-28-2021, 05:19 PM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: I checked and you do have disadvantage on any ranged attacks you make while in melee range with an opponent.  You have seen these things enough to be pretty sure that they will not take opportunity attacks if you want to move away from it first.

[OoC: Alright, I'll step away first.  ]
(01-28-2021, 06:20 PM)Bazzalan Horngrin Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 05:19 PM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: I checked and you do have disadvantage on any ranged attacks you make while in melee range with an opponent.  You have seen these things enough to be pretty sure that they will not take opportunity attacks if you want to move away from it first.

[OoC: Alright, I'll step away first.  ]

[OOC: Were you giving a bardic inspiration to anyone else since you can't see the Captain to do give it to him?]

Bazz dances a few steps away from the newly formed thing and fires off a blast of eldritch energy.  The blast catches the corner of the entity and reflects harmlessly into space.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon