RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Gemeris Station [Everyone]
[OoC: I was practically nose to nose with Korstyn so I doubt Shunna was up the ramp.]

Shunna gently takes the Shoto and says, "I wish you wouldn't leave.  I may never find someone like you again.  We need someone skilled in a fight and even though we really only just met, I like you having my back.  But thank you for your aid.  I will guard your weapon and maybe even use the skills I learned through our lessons with it to use it properly."

Needing to watch what she says in front of the Mandalorian but also wishing to avoid outright lying, Shunna purposely uses ambiguous wording such as, 'our lessons' to make it sound like Callie was teaching Shunna how to use her Shoto when she actually meant the basic training almost all Jedi get with the lightsaber.   And, 'To use it properly,' sounded like she was still unskilled at using a lightsaber when she actually meant pointing out that Shoto's are usually used as an offhand weapon and she has yet to learn two-weapon fighting to use it properly. 

Shunna embraces Callie and whispers, "Good luck and watch your tail out there."  She then reluctantly lets Callie go and ascends the ramp.  When she gets to the top, Shunna gives her a small wave goodbye as she disappears behind the rising ramp.
Quote this message in a reply
[OoC: Well...nose to chin, maybe. Tongue]
(12-16-2020, 06:14 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: [OoC1: Also true.]

[OoC2: Po-tay-to, Po-Tah-to to Korstyn.  She has no patience for either.  Honestly...she has no patience period unless it's getting ready to take down a target and waiting for the right time.]

[OoC3: Yeah.  She didn't say they were enemies, just that they hate bounty hunters.  I could say that I hate mosquitoes but I'm not their enem-... Bad example.  I could say that I hate squirrels but I'm not...  Okay.  Lemme try again.  'Hate' is not a strong enough word, I feel, to describe an enemy.]

Korstyn still says nothing.  It seems like there's a whole lot of worry about time and a Star Destroyer but there's still apparently time to talk about trip plans and give gifts...wait.  Is that a small lightsaber?

She sits down across from the Imperial pilot and leans back, arms crossed.  After looking at him for a good few minutes, she pulls a credit coin out and asks "Credit for your thoughts?"

"Hmm oh.. I.. uh.. I don't know anymore. They're gonna kill me.. oh not these people.. the Empire. Forever now my face will be on Imperial databases as a deserter. Deserters are killed. It won't matter that I didn't truly desert, that I had no choice but to surrender. It was a lost fight, there was no one but me and a useless astromech left. And what for.. so I could help some creepy ISB agent fly arouynd with his person squad of troopers making all us good Navy personnel shit ourselves for fear we might draw his attention as 'disloyal'."

He seems to be opening up, forgetting that he is talking to a faceless helmet.

"And what for? To bring order to these backwaters? They don't want us here.. they are just drekking farmers, or miners, digging in worthless mudballs. I haven't seen Coruscant in 4 years. I joined to e a TIE pilot, and look at me, a glorified yacht pilot. I signed up to do something. Instead I end up assigned to the butcher of Valkine IV."

You realize that the entrire ship has gone quiet listening to him, moments later so does he, and instantly clams up.

(12-16-2020, 08:27 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC: I was practically nose to nose with Korstyn so I doubt Shunna was up the ramp.]

[OoC it was a possibility beacuse as I said  shes stayed at the bottom of the ramp while everyone boarded]
(12-17-2020, 01:50 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [OoC it was a possibility beacuse as I said  shes stayed at the bottom of the ramp while everyone boarded]

[OoC: So that's it? Shunna has a heartfelt goodbye and Callie is like, "meh..." ] Dodgy
(12-17-2020, 01:50 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: "Hmm oh.. I.. uh.. I don't know anymore. They're gonna kill me.. oh not these people.. the Empire. Forever now my face will be on Imperial databases as a deserter. Deserters are killed. It won't matter that I didn't truly desert, that I had no choice but to surrender. It was a lost fight, there was no one but me and a useless astromech left. And what for.. so I could help some creepy ISB agent fly arouynd with his person squad of troopers making all us good Navy personnel shit ourselves for fear we might draw his attention as 'disloyal'."

"And what for? To bring order to these backwaters? They don't want us here.. they are just drekking farmers, or miners, digging in worthless mudballs. I haven't seen Coruscant in 4 years. I joined to e a TIE pilot, and look at me, a glorified yacht pilot. I signed up to do something. Instead I end up assigned to the butcher of Valkine IV."

You realize that the entrire ship has gone quiet listening to him, moments later so does he, and instantly clams up.

Korstyn lets the silence hang for a few moments, as if considering the rapid expulsion of words he just blurted out that don't actually mean anything to her.  He was an Imperial, and Imperials didn't particularly show much interest in her kind, other than to look down on them.  But since he was now a 'deserter' in word only, she isn't sure how much to trust him.  She didn't trust him any more or less than the rest of the current occupants of this poor excuse for an oversized escape pod.  But...
She shrugs and reaches up, unclasping the helm of her Beskar'gam, then slowly pulls it off her head, allowing her elbow-length red hair to fall out in cascades.  She places the item on her lap and reaches up to run a hand ruffling through the tangles her helm always gave her.  Looking back at the black helmet of the Imperial fighter pilot who learned first-hand just how unfair life truly is are a pair of piercing, icy blue eyes sitting above high cheekbones on a face that is as neutral as they come.

"No one ever gets what they want out of the Galaxy.  No one."
Dez plunks erslf down in one of the gunner positions, noting the other one is vacant, but hopefully if it were needed one of the people in the back could jump into the seat.   Once they were in hyperspace  she would breathe easier and go help negotiate unloading this deathtrap.  She had to admit it was actually a pretty good little ship, but it was just that.. little, And it painted a huge target on their back.

It did pack a lot of firepower, but it was almost all pointed forward. It would be dangerous to get caught in a fight, because  there were blindspots you vould hide a krayt dragon in.

When the Imperial pilot started to unburden she did not have much pity for him. Typical core worlder, he still believes that the Outer Rim was beneath him.
(12-17-2020, 02:36 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 01:50 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [OoC it was a possibility beacuse as I said  shes stayed at the bottom of the ramp while everyone boarded]

[OoC: So that's it?  Shunna has a heartfelt goodbye and Callie is like, "meh..." ]  Dodgy

[ooC Did not mean to miss that sorry]

Callista did not say anything. Just gave Shunna a long hug, then waved one last time before she entered the other ship. 

Shunna knows that Callista prefers unarmed combat, the idea of using a lightsaber was foreign to her, and would have just singled her out as something other than ordinary when she needed to blend in.
(12-17-2020, 03:03 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 01:50 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: "Hmm oh.. I.. uh.. I don't know anymore. They're gonna kill me.. oh not these people.. the Empire. Forever now my face will be on Imperial databases as a deserter. Deserters are killed. It won't matter that I didn't truly desert, that I had no choice but to surrender. It was a lost fight, there was no one but me and a useless astromech left. And what for.. so I could help some creepy ISB agent fly arouynd with his person squad of troopers making all us good Navy personnel shit ourselves for fear we might draw his attention as 'disloyal'."

"And what for? To bring order to these backwaters? They don't want us here.. they are just drekking farmers, or miners, digging in worthless mudballs. I haven't seen Coruscant in 4 years. I joined to e a TIE pilot, and look at me, a glorified yacht pilot. I signed up to do something. Instead I end up assigned to the butcher of Valkine IV."

Korstyn lets the silence hang for a few moments, as if considering the rapid expulsion of words he just blurted out that don't actually mean anything to her.  He was an Imperial, and Imperials didn't particularly show much interest in her kind, other than to look down on them.  But since he was now a 'deserter' in word only, she isn't sure how much to trust him.  She didn't trust him any more or less than the rest of the current occupants of this poor excuse for an oversized escape pod.  But...
She shrugs and reaches up, unclasping the helm of her Beskar'gam, then slowly pulls it off her head, allowing her elbow-length red hair to fall out in cascades.  She places the item on her lap and reaches up to run a hand ruffling through the tangles her helm always gave her.  Looking back at the black helmet of the Imperial fighter pilot who learned first-hand just how unfair life truly is are a pair of piercing, icy blue eyes sitting above high cheekbones on a face that is as neutral as they come.

"No one ever gets what they want out of the Galaxy.  No one."

[OoC he's not dressed as a figher pilot. he is an imperial shuttle pilot so is simply wearing the black Imperial Navy uniform, not the TIE fighter combat jumpsuit and helmet]

"Even less do now. Not navy, not troopers, and definitely not the civvies we stomp on. Only the sadistic prcks like Kratos, and in the end it sounds like he got only a fragment of what he'd earned."

"You graduated Naval TIE fighter training?" Tak probes gently in a much quieter voice, that only those seated near can hear. [Korstyn]

Meanwhile Woryn sits beside Shunna and asks "You are a diplomat? We can akways use people who are good at communicating, whether it to help people be brave, or to just get supplies. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to contribute muchh. I couldn't hit a bantha with a blaster if you staked it down."
[In other words he has no idea what you meant by persuasive, remember 99% of the populace don't even know what the Force is. out here in the Outer Rim jedi were rare enough to be legends when there was still a Jedi Council, now people just think they were exaggerated tales of light sword wielding militant monks]
"Well, Dez is our negotiator but unfortunately there's times when you just can't negotiate with some people.  In those times we need a bullshitter.  The problem with bullshitters it's difficult to find one you can trust."

[OoC: Dez could decide to go back to school to pick up Deception skill. I think Shunna has the highest Charisma but negotiation is more of a jedi thing, not deception. Though maybe having deception to bullshit my way out Imperial questions might be a good idea... But I hope to eventually have mass Mind Trick. ]
(12-17-2020, 05:49 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: "Well, Dez is our negotiator but unfortunately there's times when you just can't negotiate with some people.  In those times we need a bullshitter.  The problem with bullshitters it's difficult to find one you can trust."

[OoC: Dez could decide to go back to school to pick up Deception skill.  I think Shunna has the highest Charisma but negotiation is more of a jedi thing, not deception.  Though maybe having deception to bullshit my way out Imperial questions might be a good idea...  But I hope to eventually have mass Mind Trick. ]

"Well we do not want to deceive people into uniting and standing up, we need to convince them, not trick them. The Empire has done a pretty good job of that already."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon