RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
The mound of fungus and mold that you hit kind of deflates a little from the force of the rock but nothing else happens.
Quote this message in a reply
does any one have a fire based attack?
"I have acid attacks."
Just in case, to try and protect himself from possibly bretathing in spores from possible exposure to mold, E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 tearsa strips of cloth of the bottom of his monk's robes, dampens it with water and ties it in place over his mouth and nose. Hethen suggests the others follow suit in order to perhaps protect themselves.
(10-14-2020, 07:23 PM)E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 Wrote: Just in case, to try and protect himself from possibly bretathing in spores from possible exposure to mold, E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 tearsa strips of cloth of the bottom of his monk's robes, dampens it with water and ties it in place over his mouth and nose. Hethen suggests the others follow suit in order to perhaps protect themselves.

"I hope you aren't going to use the water from the river.  We've already spent enough time throwing up!"

Then addressing the mold, "Well I could try to shoot them.  But if they are alive, and we aren't sure they are, we don't even know what type creature they are.  They could be immune to blunt objects or bullets.  Not to mention I would be shooting blind because I can't see the target."
"Should I hit the nearest with acid and see what happens? The thrown rock didn't so much."
"Well none of us is eager to just run in there looking for trouble, yes please give it a go!", requests E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10.
Reawyn tosses an alkahest bomv at the nearest mound.

bomb [1d20+3] = 8+3 = 11; damage [1d4+5] = 1+5 = 6

Even if he misses it lands in an adjacent square and splashes a 5' radius for 6 damafe or half ( Refl DC 15)
Reawayn has a feat that allows him to have more control over that splash

Quote:Splash Weapon Mastery [Paizo Inc. - Adventurer's
Armory, 31]
When throwing a splash weapon, you act as if you had the Far Shot feat. When
you hit with a splash weapon, select one additional square adjacent to the splash
area; creatures in this area also take splash damage. When you miss with a splash
weapon, you may adjust the miss direction on the grid by +1 or -1. This feat counts
as Far Shot for the purpose of qualifying for other feats, but only in regard to
splash weapons

splash direction [1d8] = 6   with one being closest to Reawun then going clockwise so 5 is furthest.

if possible reawyn will use his splash and the extra 5' square he can tack on to also get the next mound by adjusting it toposition 5 or 7 if needed.

(OoC pretty bad ass attack for 1st level even when I miss and roll minimum damage)
(10-15-2020, 05:49 PM)Reawyn Wrote: Reawyn tosses an alkahest bomv at the nearest mound.

bomb [1d20+3] = 8+3 = 11; damage [1d4+5] = 1+5 = 6

Even if he misses it lands in an adjacent square and splashes a 5' radius for 6 damafe or half ( Refl DC 15)
Reawayn has a feat that allows him to have more control over that splash

Quote:Splash Weapon Mastery [Paizo Inc. - Adventurer's
Armory, 31]
When throwing a splash weapon, you act as if you had the Far Shot feat. When
you hit with a splash weapon, select one additional square adjacent to the splash
area; creatures in this area also take splash damage. When you miss with a splash
weapon, you may adjust the miss direction on the grid by +1 or -1. This feat counts
as Far Shot for the purpose of qualifying for other feats, but only in regard to
splash weapons

splash direction [1d8] = 6   with one being closest to Reawun then going clockwise so 5 is furthest.

if possible reawyn will use his splash and the extra 5' square he can tack on to also get the next mound by adjusting it toposition 5 or 7 if needed.

(OoC pretty bad ass attack for 1st level even when I miss and roll minimum damage)

[OoC: The AC of the mound is probably 5.  So that means you hit. ]

[OoC2: So I know what I'm describing, did you use acid or fire? What type of energy are your bombs normally. ]
All Reawyn's bombs are acid. Normally alchemists do not get acid bombs until they ise a discovery later, crypt-breakers get alkahest bombs at 1st level but lose the ability to do standard fire bombs.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon