RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees
"There is always a chance. Our odds are improved by proper knowledge and planning. It is hard to be sure, but the likelihood of it being a green dragon is good. To defeat it, we will need to limit its mobility and keep it on the ground if possible. We also need to spread out to avoid being targeted by its breath. The best course is to not fight it if at all possible. I am not keen on dying again. I would use diplomacy, but we would need to appear much more powerful than it for that to succeed." Merri takes a deep breath. "I am open to suggestions."
Quote this message in a reply
(04-21-2017, 07:59 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: "There is a small copse further to the northwest from the small herd." -Copse? How small? Is it moving? Smile

So not the moving copse is the butcher Smile

How small is it? Can it be the "nest" of a green dragon?
(04-26-2017, 10:34 AM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: "There is always a chance.  Our odds are improved by proper knowledge and planning.  It is hard to be sure, but the likelihood of it being a green dragon is good.  To defeat it, we will need to limit its mobility and keep it on the ground if possible.  We also need to spread out to avoid being targeted by its breath.  The best course is to not fight it if at all possible.  I am not keen on dying again.  I would use diplomacy, but we would need to appear much more powerful than it for that to succeed."  Merri takes a deep breath.  "I am open to suggestions."

And why has he killed so many animals? Is every dragon a butcher? Is it possible that he or she was not alone? Maybe he has a partner or children. Where can be his nest? - asks the ranger
The copse is no more than twenty yards across. The dragon (if it is a dragon) is certainly smaller than that but how large is a dragon's nest? Or his complete lair?
(04-26-2017, 12:39 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: The copse is no more than twenty yards across. The dragon (if it is a dragon) is certainly smaller than that but how large is a dragon's nest? Or his complete lair?

OOC - How large? Very large, full with treasure Smile I still prefer lake as his lair Smile Or a cave near the lake, behind the waterfall, etc...
"Silent Giant, can you tell how old these tracks are?  The dragon could be nearby still."  He says as he looks up into the twilight sky.

"Suggestions? I think we should ask the animals where the dragon lives, and where the dragon is right now.  Maybe we can send a scout. I know I don't want to go stomping right into the dragon's mouth by accident.  Can we defend against it's acid?  I agree that we should avoid this fight if at all possible... Maybe the dragon is frightened of something else, I wonder?  The old grape did say things have changed with their neighbor."
"Me do have a spell to Resist different types of Energy but you must pick ONE type of energy.  And me only have ONE spell, until tomorrow when Toot can memorize more."  Toot's voice trails off as he adds, "So spell will only effect one person..."  Toot didn't think he needed to say that the one person the spell would protect would likely be him.   

"Me have no problem trying to befriend more animals for Portho to talk to," Toot continues.  "I of course could talk to them too but we can't allow Toot to hog all the glory.  We must give Portho something to do other than sing uplifting little ditties."

"Me can also summon creatures to scout and me can turn into inconspicuous bird to scout too." Toot then turns his head to look at Portho expectantly, waiting for him to finally offer to do anything.
(04-27-2017, 08:59 PM)Lugar Wrote: "Silent Giant, can you tell how old these tracks are?  The dragon could be nearby still."  He says as he looks up into the twilight sky.

"Suggestions? I think we should ask the animals where the dragon lives, and where the dragon is right now.  Maybe we can send a scout. I know I don't want to go stomping right into the dragon's mouth by accident.  Can we defend against it's acid?  I agree that we should avoid this fight if at all possible... Maybe the dragon is frightened of something else, I wonder?  The old grape did say things have changed with their neighbor."

SG examines some tracks again (take10,take20?) and answers to Lugar.
He tries to find the oldest track too Smile

OOC - I think he is coming here regularly. 

Firghtened of something else.. -  he repeats - Hm, I have heard somewhere,.., dragons are afraid of mice... Or wasn't it a dragon? - he is thinking about it strongly Smile

But why has he changed? What can change a dragon?

OOC - We have problems with powerful neighbour who's been respectful until lately
OOC - Maybe somebody disturbed his lair and stealt something. If this is the situation then "the key" is "the something" and "the sea" is "his lair" Smile
The tracks don't seem to be older than a few days. The half-devoured carcass is no more than a few hours old.
"How large are Tracks," Toot asks.  "Rat-Friend said the lizard was huge like trees!"  Looking at Shanna, Toot asks, "Shananana, how old would green dragon have to be to be Huge?"

When she tells him, Toot shakes his head and says, "Me do have a Scry spell but such a big and powerful dragon would certainly be able to resist.  If we could find a bit of scale or claw it would be much easier."  Toot thinks for a second and then adds, "I wonder if the creature's acid would count.  There must be residue around here."

[OoC: The scry spell mentions parts of creatures like a body part, lock of hair, bit of nail, etc.  Would that include some of the creatures acid?]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon