RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Rude Awakening
Robsen finishes his sandwich and sips some wine while listening to tge kobald recite his impressive knowledge of the area. He thanks the Bard and the Druid for thier healing, and tells the group, "You all may call me Robsen, I do not require any titles! I will definitely join this endeavor, you do indeed find yourself with a crew!". With that Robsen stands up and moves towards the barn doors.
Quote this message in a reply
Yesssss. Benji broke out into a large, toothy grin and puffed up his chest proudly, clearly enjoying the compliments thrown his way. Benji always takes care of his friends. You calls me whatever you likes as long as you don't calls me late for dinner yeah? The kobold laughed heartily as he pulled out the lute and strummed a few random chords on it. As if on cue, the sound of a ghostly orchestra started playing, adjusting itself to suit a lively walking tempo.

Time to put boots to road then? Maybe we leave this stink hole before someone catches disease or something.
Eloric shrugged, "Well - It's not like I have anything else interesting to do."  He licked the crumbs off his fingers, downed the dregs of his wine and hefted up his backpack. "Besides, Quicker we find a tavern with a decent bed the better."
After Khaymen searched the bodies of these creatures and found nothing of value or interest the group began to march towards Sandpoint. Following a well used farm road, passing through flat farmlands. Wheat, Corn, Potatoes, Turnips , Beets, the occasional ranch with cattle or pigs lay around them. To the south they could see in the short distance a wooded area, ahead and to the right a plateau. and a smaller copse of trees. A few miles away to the north a larger plateau stood overlooking the farmlands.

They reached a real road, layed with stones, after an hour and a half just north of a slow moving river with a good many reeds within it. Breezy called it The Lost Coast Road, which went from Maginmar to Riddleport with Sandpoint between. They turned North. circling a large marshy area to the south and west as the road headed to the coast as it crossed a few miles of moors. By mid afternoon they crossed a deep creek with a bridge across it. Ahead lay small badland area they skirted. Being experienced adventurers they knew the badlands would cause many delays trying to cross plus a good many chance for ambushes or stumbling on creatures who laired within. The deep creek parallelled the road and they found they crossed it at yet another bridge by late afternoon. A few more hours and they arrived at Sandpoint.

They could see a few Manor houses on the promontory to the left as they moved down the road. a swampy area was to the right and a relatively fast flowing river passed south of town with a wide sturdy bridge crossing it. A post was driven into the ground in front of the bridge with a plaque with writing on it and a Mirror nailed to the plaque. It read.

Welcome to Sandpoint
This is how we see you.

((Ive changed the players map to Sandpoint. The player Icons are not to scale for this map, but being a little larger. Itll still help to show where each character is as we explore the town and have interactions. The builds are all marked, as are the roads.))
As the group enters the city, Cutter turns to the rest of the party. Okay we need to talk to the high priest, That's our cover story after all. We also need rooms, but most important is getting a lay of the land, we need to figure out what Dread is up to on this world. I'm not sure if all of us mobbing through town together is the right approach. What do you all think?
Benji took a deep breath and smiled broadly as the scent of salt and smoke wafted through his nostrils. He was already day-dreaming about the marketplace and their food stalls. But, business came first. The kobold spent a few minutes checking himself out in the mirror, making sure his hat tilted at the jauntiest of angles.

We goes to Sandpoint Cathederal, talks to Head Priest first, and gets better read on whole situation, I thinks. We listens to his story, offer butt-kicking services to Sandpoint, then maybe he helps with room and board. Or gives us a tour guide at least...
Robsen rubs his chin a moment in thought, then says, "I think Benji's got the idea of it, especially since he has the priest's letter!".
Eloric perked up at the idea of possible discount on a decent Inn and gave Benji an approving nod, "Securing employment and a roof over our heads seems like a decent place to start. I like it."
Merika nods and says "Priest first to get the lay of the land might be best. After that, a place to stay and probably from then splitting up to explore opportunities. Although we should probably do that in groups somewhat." 
"If that piece of biforcateded cow dung of a wizard is watching for opportunities to ambush us again, we should stick together, for strength in numbers!", Robsen says with a slightly concerned look on his face.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon