RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: 5e Spelljammer game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
as for skills you can always purchase them with gp and training time, or pick up levels of rogues. Rogues are the skill monkeys in 5E as they pick up skill training ( specialization0 as they level
(11-22-2020, 05:18 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]I might only have 13 chr but I will be a pretty good face because I will have advantage on most persuasion and insight checks. Mind reading Smile

This is something that should have been mentioned BEFORE I went so hard into becoming a Bard.  If I would have known, I might have created a Cleric instead!

Edit: After reading the ability, it only lasts for 1 minute per short or long rest.
I found this link for Mythic Odyssey of Theros.  http://anyflip.com/rbal/nqho/

@GM Anthraxus On page 13 there's information about "Supernatural Gifts" for characters from Theros.  Because the gods from Greek myth stick their noses into mortal's businesses, this section gives suggestions for how they've stuck their noses in the player's business.  Do I just ignore this section?  Or can everyone pick one?
(11-22-2020, 06:45 PM)danaoverland Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2020, 08:45 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but does Intelligence increase your number of skills like it did in 3.5?

This is what I have for now.  I'm still wondering that since I have finesse weapons maybe I should switch my Str 13 and Wis 7 with each other.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346646

it largly depends on the type of armor you want your charcater to wear, if you are sticking with light armors (ie lesather, studded leather, or padded) then I would put the higher in wis, forthe greater number of skill bonuses, str only has 1 skill.

I plan to pick up a level of Hexblade at 2nd Level.  That will give me Medium armor and shield proficiency.  We just have to find out what level we're starting at.  

My pick is still 2nd level.
I made my character 2nd level
going to yp mine to 2ns.. for my arcane study taking Order of teh Scribe from Tasha's cauldron.. neat effects with my spellbooks adn spellcasting
will take Fiund Familiar and magic missile as my new spells..
Gaining Tools and Languages:

Given enough free time and the services of an instructor, a character can learn a language or pick up proficiency with a tool. Receiving training in a language or tool typically takes at least 50 days, but this time is reduced by a number of days equal to the character's Intelligence modifier times 5 (an Intelligence penalty doesn't increase the time needed). Training costs 5 gp per day for a total of 250 gp for the full 50 days.

Gaining Weapon and Armor Proficiencies:

Under the tutelage of a combat master, a character can gain the proficiency it is needed to wield a weapon or use a set of armor. To receive training in heavy armor you must have proficiency with medium armor and to receive training in medium armor you must have proficiency with light armor. There are no restrictions on gaining weapon proficiencies. Receiving this combat training takes 100 days, but this time is reduced by a number of days equal to the character’s Strength modifier times 5 (a Strength penalty doesn't increase the time needed). Training costs 5 gp per day for a total of 500 gp for the full 100 days.

Gaining Skill Proficiencies:

While being taught by someone who can mentor you in your class, a character can gain proficiency with a skill that could of gained with their class at 1st level. This mentorship takes 100 days, but this time is reduced by a number of days equal to the character's modifier for that skill times 5 (a penalty doesn't increase the time needed). Training costs 5 gp per day for a total of 500 gp for the full 100 days.
(11-22-2020, 08:24 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]I found this link for Mythic Odyssey of Theros.  http://anyflip.com/rbal/nqho/

@GM Anthraxus On page 13 there's information about "Supernatural Gifts" for characters from Theros.  Because the gods from Greek myth stick their noses into mortal's businesses, this section gives suggestions for how they've stuck their noses in the player's business.  Do I just ignore this section?  Or can everyone pick one?

I would be more comfortable with that being expressed as a Heroic Feat from page 14.  If you need assistance spinning a particular feat as a supernatural gift, just let me know. To balance everything out, all the other characters would also be allowed to start with a feat.  Anyone who comes in as a variant human would be able to start with two.
It should also be noted that there will be some Spelljammer specific backgrounds and feats available, I was just waiting for the forum to be created to add them up.  I'm glad you all are so enthused out the game.

Here are some of the feats I'm looking at: https://fiftheditiondndgame.obsidianport...ikis/feats

Additionally, I think Marvel has a point on the INT bonus for skills and languages, so I am leaning towards the following two house rules:

Inspiration – In addition to being spent for a reroll or advantage you can also spend inspiration in order to declare a story detail in a scene.  This can be used to retroactively have the right supplies for a task, or know a piece of information, or even that you have mutual friends with an NPC you just me.  You should try to justify your story details by relating them to aspects of your character.  The GM has the right to veto any story details that seem out of scope or work to revise the story detail.

Intelligence – A high intelligence allows you to begin with extra proficiencies.  For every point of Int Bonus you start with you can select an additional language or tool proficiency.  If you have at least two points of Int Bonus you can spend two proficiencies to gain an additional intelligence based skill.
If we are starting at 2nd level what is our starting wealth?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14