RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: 5e Spelljammer game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I think we can get by without a rogue, if someone got skill with thieves picks via a background that would be a good work around
When multiclassing, do you get to pick more skills?  Do you add to your Save Throws?  For example, Bards have Good Dex and Cha saves.  If I pick up warlock who get good Wis and Cha saves.  Do I add the good Wisdom saves to my Dex and Cha from bard?
You get the primary bard stuff first as your primary class, the multiclassing to warlock gives proficiency with Light armor, simple weapons, and class features as per lvl of class, howevere for prposes of lvling spells You cast cantrips as per character level not class level. As per saves they go buy the primary class

to quote the rules:
Multiclassing
Multiclassing allows you to gain levels in multiple classes. Doing so lets you mix the abilities of those classes to realize a character concept that might not be reflected in one of the standard class options.

With this rule, you have the option of gaining a level in a new class whenever you advance in level, instead of gaining a level in your current class. Your levels in all your classes are added together to determine your character level. For example, if you have three levels in wizard and two in fighter, you're a 5th-level character.

As you advance in levels, you might primarily remain a member of your original class with just a few levels in another class, or you might change course entirely, never looking back at the class you left behind. You might even start progressing in a third or fourth class. Compared to a single-class character of the same level, you'll sacrifice some focus in exchange for versatility.

Prerequisites
To qualify for a new class, you must meet the ability score prerequisites for both your current class and your new one, as shown in the Multiclassing Prerequisites table. For example, a barbarian who decides to multiclass into the druid class must have both Strength and Wisdom scores of 13 or higher. Without the full training that a beginning character receives, you must be a quick study in your new class, having a natural aptitude that is reflected by higher-than-average ability scores.
I was originally thinking of multiclass ING into something wis or chr based, but then I rolled stats lol

If we're going to start as lvl 2, how does that affect our starting wealth/gear?
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but does Intelligence increase your number of skills like it did in 3.5?

This is what I have for now.  I'm still wondering that since I have finesse weapons maybe I should switch my Str 13 and Wis 7 with each other.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346646
No, Int gives no bonus proficiencies.  Sad
(11-22-2020, 11:07 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]No, Int gives no bonus proficiencies.  Sad

Sad

Well, if I choose Lore Subclass at 3rd level, I can get more skills but at the moment I'm leaning toward eloquence Subclass because if I'm going to be the face, I might as well be great at it.  That ability to roll a minimum of 10 on any Deception or Persuasion roll is awesome. 

Hexblade would let me use Charisma for Attack and damage and give me some cantrips like Eldritch bolt.  So moving my 7 to Strength is possible but it would suck if I want to wear heavier armor than a doily.

Posting this here as a reminder to myself...  I read that the Intelligence stat doesn't get much use.  So another possible homebrew idea inspired from 3.5 for a 5e game of my own is for each point of Intelligence bonus the player can choose 1 additional skill from their list.  Skills outside your class list cost 2 points.  Or choose additional languages of 1 pt for normal languages and 2 pts for exotic. 
I might only have 13 chr but I will be a pretty good face because I will have advantage on most persuasion and insight checks. Mind reading Smile
(11-22-2020, 08:45 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but does Intelligence increase your number of skills like it did in 3.5?

This is what I have for now.  I'm still wondering that since I have finesse weapons maybe I should switch my Str 13 and Wis 7 with each other.

it largly depends on the type of armor you want your charcater to wear, if you are sticking with light armors (ie lesather, studded leather, or padded) then I would put the higher in wis, forthe greater number of skill bonuses, str only has 1 skill.
(11-22-2020, 08:45 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but does Intelligence increase your number of skills like it did in 3.5?

it largly depends on the type of armor you want your charcater to wear, if you are sticking with light armors (ie lesather, studded leather, or padded) then I would put the higher in wis, forthe greater number of skill bonuses, str only has 1 skill.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14