RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Sweet Little Lies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm still figuring out what I want to make.  Since the d100 rolls weren't very good it kind of makes the choice more difficult in some ways and less difficult in others.  But at least I only have one really bad stat that I can dump somewhere.

So if I went with the bard I was thinking of maybe making her a rocker who has a drug addiction.  High charisma with which to manipulate people but not much else.  The 7 or 8 stat could go into strength or wisdom or even con if I made her more sickly.  Though her hit points would be awful.  

Another option is a Summoner.  It wouldn't matter what the character's stats would be because her Eidolon would do any fighting.  The creature doesn't have to be monstrous looking.  It can look like an angel/demon or an armored warrior.  Any of which could be hidden under a large trench coat.  A Devil Eidolon could look like the typical handsome devil with tiny horns and fangs which both could be explained away as body modifications.
(03-21-2019, 10:59 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still figuring out what I want to make.  Since the d100 rolls weren't very good it kind of makes the choice more difficult in some ways and less difficult in others.  But at least I only have one really bad stat that I can dump somewhere.

So if I went with the bard I was thinking of maybe making her a rocker who has a drug addiction.  High charisma with which to manipulate people but not much else.  The 7 or 8 stat could go into strength or wisdom or even con if I made her more sickly.  Though her hit points would be awful.  

Another option is a Summoner.  It wouldn't matter what the character's stats would be because her Eidolon would do any fighting.  The creature doesn't have to be monstrous looking.  It can look like an angel/demon or an armored warrior.  Any of which could be hidden under a large trench coat.  A Devil Eidolon could look like the typical handsome devil with tiny horns and fangs which both could be explained away as body modifications.
Or be the Summoner archetype Aurelia asked about. You wear your eidolon like armor so get its physical stats. Makes str & dex dump stats

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
(03-22-2019, 02:26 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2019, 10:59 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still figuring out what I want to make.  Since the d100 rolls weren't very good it kind of makes the choice more difficult in some ways and less difficult in others.  But at least I only have one really bad stat that I can dump somewhere.

Or be the Summoner archetype Aurelia asked about. You wear your eidolon like armor so get its physical stats. Makes str & dex dump stats

If it isn't banned by the DM that is

So with two 8's. do I make the sniper or the MMA fighter (brawler)? If you do the synthesist Summoner I will do sniper because you'd have melee tank covered

(03-22-2019, 02:26 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]Or be the Summoner archetype Aurelia asked about. You wear your eidolon like armor so get its physical stats. Makes str & dex dump stats

@DM Zarthrax If I did go the, Synthesist route ( >> here << )and I'm not saying I would. Is it banned?

@DM Vitkyng To be honest, I'm not sure why it would be banned. From what I read, the Master Summoner and just the regular Summoner is considered the most optimum. Melding your move/attack options into one instead of keeping them separate seems a little sub-optimum. Also to cast a spell wouldn't the melded creature have to cast the spell therefore the Eidolon can't attack that round? In this world there's the additional complication of being caught. A summoner has plausible deniability if they remain separate. If they are fused it would be hard to explain how you're not involved with the magic fusing them.

Taking an idea mentioned earlier, I might even say that she thinks she need to get high to be able to summon her Eidolon. It wouldn't be really true but it would be an interesting bit of role playing. When she's high, the devil (or succubus) comes out to play.
@ DM Marvel - I have no problems with it.

-

Here are your stat choices for char-gen.

16, 14, 14, 14, 12, 8
and
you begin play with one extra Drawback of the GM’s choice and without any starting gold from your 1st character level.

OR

18, 16, 16, 7, 7, 7
and
you begin play with one extra Drawback of the GM’s choice and without any starting gold from your 1st character level.

-

Here is the article I'm doing the stat gens from, for future reference.

http://thatboomerkid.tumblr.com/post/117...rting-sets
16, 14, 12, 12, 8, 8 plus one additional Trait of your it is working on the build now.
So, this world is fairly dimensionally isolated (run when you hear me start a conversation talking about dimensions), and there aren't a lot of obviously magical beings running around...

What about Summon Monster spells? Can you still summon things that (maybe) don't exist in real life?
(03-24-2019, 01:43 AM)Susiel Wrote: [ -> ]So, this world is fairly dimensionally isolated (run when you hear me start a conversation talking about dimensions), and there aren't a lot of obviously magical beings running around...

What about Summon Monster spells? Can you still summon things that (maybe) don't exist in real life?

You can completely summon whatever you normally can with a Summon Monster spell. 

The drawback is when the local no-majs see it, and the various Cults find out that you let it leak.

Now, if you're in the middle of a forest in the middle of nowhere, are fighting a monster that will kill you, and the only way to survive is to summon a T-Rex? Go right ahead. Just be aware of who may be watching this happen, and what happens if word of magic leaks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4