RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Character Concepts and Creation
Yes, please, become one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us....
Quote this message in a reply
(10-16-2020, 02:58 AM)Anthraxus Wrote: If this game is still looking for another player, I would be interested in bringing a character in.   I was thinking of a Pixie Elementarii (if you are doing monster races, I haven't seen the post about that yet), or a Forest Gnome Bard.

Of course you're welcome.

The Pixie race unfortunately has a level adjustment of +4 plus 1 pixie hit dice.  That's all before even adding 1 level of Elementarii.  There is a Pixie class from the Savage Species but it's 5 levels.  Even though you would start at 2nd level, you would only have one hd with 6 hit points (plus con bonus), 6 skill points (plus Int bonus), and Save Throws (0/+2/+2) that wouldn't change until you reached 6th level when you would finally choose a class.   Confused

The Pixie Class: http://dnd.arkalseif.info/classes/pixie/index.html

You can be a Forest Gnome bard but Gnomes don't exist in this world.  So you would have to have come here from another Material Plane.  There are some interestingly weird Races in this world too.  If you're interested, you can PM me and I can give you a quick run down of what the world has to offer.  And if you come from this world there's more classes available to you too.
LOL I was actually playing a forest gnome bard in another game a long lng time ago.. GM Marvel was playying in that as well.
What is an elementari? not a class I am aware of.
(10-16-2020, 04:41 AM)Betimi Wrote: What is an elementari?  not a class I am aware of.

It's a class specific to this world.  I started posting some classes but no one was picking up Knowledge Local.  Without a point in Know: Local no one should even know about these classes so I stopped.  I think Nang just picked up a point in it so he would now be aware of the races and classes from the New Crobuzon area.  

Elementarii: Someone who binds elementals.

http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....9#pid25269
(10-16-2020, 04:09 AM)Betimi Wrote: Yes, please, become one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.... one of us....

Marvel has given me a couple interesting ideas.  Maybe mechanically suboptimal, but narratively evocative.  I have not gone through the 140(!) pages of posts so didn't realize that you all were entering a "new world" kind of area.  Maybe I will be guide or something to the elemental wonders that are going to ruin your day.  Tongue
As the Elementarii have heavy and light crossbow as weapon proficiencies, would I be able to also use a Rivebow (not that I could afford one) and/or Chakri?
(10-17-2020, 05:31 AM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: As the Elementarii have heavy and light crossbow as weapon proficiencies, would I be able to also use a Rivebow (not that I could afford one) and/or Chakri?

I'm at work right now so I can't look at the race abilities but I think they get the Rivebow and Chakri as weapons they can use because it's a racial weapon.  I sent you a PDF link so you can look in there for what the Race gets.
(10-17-2020, 05:41 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 05:31 AM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: As the Elementarii have heavy and light crossbow as weapon proficiencies, would I be able to also use a Rivebow (not that I could afford one) and/or Chakri?

I'm at work right now so I can't look at the race abilities but I think they get the Rivebow and Chakri as weapons they can use because it's a racial weapon.  I sent you a PDF link so you can look in there for what the Race gets.

It doesn't say they get them as racial weapons. It says they can consider them martial weapons instead of exotic, but as Elementarii doesn't give access to a full class, I figured it was better to ask.
Also, what is the starting gold for an Elementarii? Same as a wizard?

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon