RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

OoC thread
I like it, would probably buy more into the feats and prestige classes if we were here longer, but in-character our characters have incentive to get home. Betimi maybe less than the others as she is from 'another world' already
Quote this message in a reply
Unless those were all touch attacks (very doubtful) none of the darts actually hit Kee. His AC is too high. Even his flat-footed AC is too high.
(09-18-2017, 10:11 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Unless those were all touch attacks (very doubtful) none of the darts actually hit Kee.  His AC is too high.  Even his flat-footed AC is too high.

Hence the description of bouncing off his armour...  his dexterity certainly isn't what saved him.
In character thread closed?

I wanted to post this IC and it is closed

Quote:[OoC sorry for what is about to happen.. but the devil.. well actually Naberius.. made me do it.]

[OoC2: note Naberius allows me to make rushed diplomacy checks at no penalty. It also allows me to take 10 on Diplomacy even under duress. I will not be taking 10 though. ]

Frog-Betimi croaks in a gravelly voice. "Perhaps some smooth talking is in order to avoid bloodshed, allow me."

The frog-creature moves to the doorway and pauses briefly, before opening the door and standing tall in the doorway starts to pontificate.

[OoC3 hoping Kee has enough room to slip back inside past me should he desire.]

"There has been no willful breaking of the law by anyone inside. I can ensure that they will cooperate with authorities, if we have assurances that there will be no rash action. I can ensure there is no rash action from anyone inside. What say you?"

[Rushed Diplomacy (Naberius) [1d20+5] = 13+5 = 18 - whatever the adjustment is for using pidgin.. ]

[OoC4 this is gonna hurt.. silhouetted in the doorway for every dart to find]
(09-19-2017, 01:20 AM)Betimi Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 10:11 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Unless those were all touch attacks (very doubtful) none of the darts actually hit Kee.  His AC is too high.  Even his flat-footed AC is too high.

Hence the description of bouncing off his armour...  his dexterity certainly isn't what saved him.

You both are correct.  All of the darts failed to overcome Kee's AC even flatfooted.
(09-21-2017, 03:52 PM)Betimi Wrote: In character thread closed?

I wanted to post this IC and it is closed

Quote:[OoC sorry for what is about to happen.. but the devil.. well actually Naberius.. made me do it.]

[OoC2: note Naberius allows me to make rushed diplomacy checks at no penalty. It also allows me to take 10 on Diplomacy even under duress. I will not be taking 10 though. ]

Frog-Betimi croaks in a gravelly voice. "Perhaps some smooth talking is in order to avoid bloodshed, allow me."

The frog-creature moves to the doorway and pauses briefly, before opening the door and standing tall in the doorway starts to pontificate.

[OoC3 hoping Kee has enough room to slip back inside past me should he desire.]

"There has been no willful breaking of the law by anyone inside. I can ensure that they will cooperate with authorities, if we have assurances that there will be no rash action. I can ensure there is no rash action from anyone inside. What say you?"

[Rushed Diplomacy (Naberius) [1d20+5] = 13+5 = 18 - whatever the adjustment is for using pidgin.. ]

[OoC4 this is gonna hurt.. silhouetted in the doorway for every dart to find]

The thread should be open now.  I'm not sure why it was closed.  I noticed in the quick reply text box the "close thread" box was checked.  So I unchecked the box then posted "Test" which seems to have reopened the thread again.  Let me know if there are any other problems.
(09-21-2017, 10:02 PM)Kee Wrote: [OoC - STR [1d20+4] = 16+4 = 20 vs carrying Chris to the smithy
I didn't find rules for temporary overloading, but we let this happen with a successful STR check. The carrying rule is strict and sometimes unfair in 3.5: you could walk 8 hours with your maximum load, but if you are overloaded with 10 percent or just with 1 pound then you must spend a full round to take a 5 foot step.]

Kee wants to bring Chris in to a safe place as faster as he could:

a) Kee collects all his power to pick up his cat and bring him to the smithy.

b) If the STR check is not enough or not allowed then Kee just drags his cat to the smithy.

I took a look.
Kee has STR 18 and is size small.. so his max carry at heavy load is 225lbs..
I looked up a cheetah's weight and as per https://bigcatrescue.org/cheetah-facts/
Quote:Size

The Cheetah weighs an average of 83-145 lbs., making them about the same weight as that of a leopard. The length of a Cheetah is approximately 70″-86″ from the tip of the nose to the end of the tail. Being an extremely tall cat the Cheetah stands at an average of 32″ tall.
And according to Wkipedia
Quote:The cheetah reaches nearly 70 to 90 cm (28 to 35 in) at the shoulder, and weighs 21–72 kg (46–159 lb). 

So assuming that Chris is an exceptional member of his species he'd be on the heavy side.. lI'd say your estimate of 130lbs. on your sheet is about right. 
Unless you are carrying 80 lbs of gear personally, I'd say you don't even need the strength check.

Just my opinion, GM Marvel rules..
Just letting everyone know that I somehow injured my left foot.  It's kind of silly but all I was doing was walking and suddenly I heard a loud pop.  I originally thought I had broke my foot but I've done that before on my right side and this doesn't feel the same.  Even though it hurts to walk on, it's no wheres near as painful as a broken foot.  So I'm thinking I possibly ruptured or tore one of the tendons that attaches to my small toe.  I go see my doctor this afternoon so until then I have to keep my foot elevated and on ice.  Hopefully I will be able to post tonight.
Get well soon.
Rest up. Eklevate and ice, and all the usual stuff. Maybe the time off work will get yiou caught up on posts Tongue

But if not, we'll still be here when you are better.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon