RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ulfgar - The best of Rat Stew. Wait What!? (Chapter One)
---Ulfgar---

The last goblin drops as Ulfgar smashes the little bastards head in.  He breaths a sigh of relief as the night returns to it's mild silence for a moment before his new comrades rush up next to him with weapons drawn. 

"Holy shit Ulfgar!  Are you okay?" Reg exclaimed as Thesius and Henry followed closely behind. All of them dressed for a fight that had already passed.

"You're hurt!" Thesius immediately began tending Ulfgar's wounds. "Hold still. I still have some energy left from today to heal this nasty gash. Stitching it up wont do." He shook his head, "Why didn't you call for aid? That many goblins could have killed you!" He said with no small amount of admonishment. 

Henry just chuckled, "I'll make sure no more are sneaking around." Then he set out searching about in case more goblins were lurking around.
Me thanks laddie, fer tendin' to me wounds, he grinned broadly then went on, but I was nae alone in me fight, the Silverbeard an' de Soulforger were wit me helpin' wit der sarcasms as always. 

He let them assist him in their own ways, thankful for such a band of allies, even if they showed up late.
---Ulfgar---

After a minute, Thesius has Ulfgar patched up and healed. "There you go my friend. Ready for battle again if needs be."

Then Henry comes back into the light of the camp and shakes his head. "Well - if there were any more of them, seeing three of their fellows cut down by one dwarf must have discouraged them."  He laughed at the end.

Reg laughed with him, "It would have discouraged the hells out of me. That's for sure."

The Merchant Leader of the Caravan runs out with a candle and what looks like a night gown.  Not a very practical thing to wear, but hey, rich merchants are as weird as nobles sometimes. "Oh by the grace of Waukeen it looks like you defended us! What happened?"
Looking from the merchant to the dead goblins, he snorted, tree o' dem and one o' me, no contest.
---Ulfgar---

The merchant shivered.  "Well that definitely earned you all a bonus.  Thank you master Gravendak."  With that the Merchant hastily bowed and retreated to the safety of his wagon. 

Reg laughed, "Heart of a lion that one."

Henry slapped Ulfgar on the shoulder and winked at Reg, "I wont say no to a bonus though." He gave Ulfgar a large grin, "I got your next round of ales my friend."
---Ulfgar---

The next few days went by relatively uneventful as the caravan lumbered along toward it's southern destination.  Early on the third morning, the group pulled into the small town of Oakhurst.  Everyone climbed out of the wagons after a long morning and stretched out the aches and pains of the road.  The day was bright and warm, the town seemed peaceful and it looked be an altogether good day for adventure. 

[Image: jJJPRP6.png]
Having spent time healing up and continuing to guard the caravan, the fiery haired dwarf bounded from the wagon as they came to the stop in the small village, his bright eyes brimming with excitement and perhaps a tad bit of insanity as he grinned, Tis a fine day indeed fer a bit of mischief.
---Ulfgar---

The four adventurers stood in the town square after the merchant paid them for their services.  Five gold each was a nice sum for fighting off the goblins. 

Reg elbowed Ulfgar, "Want to get a drink while these two sort out the details of the mission?"

Thesius nodded, "That'd be fine. Henry and I can meet you there afterwards. Unless you want to tag along, but that's up to you. These sorts of things can be dull."
Nudged by his fellow, Ulfgar nodded, Indeed lad, I be needin' to slake me thirst a bit afore huntin' fer more fun. Then turning his boots in the direction of the tavern he strode on.
---Ulfgar---

Ulfgar and Reg strolled through the main street of the little town and soon found the Inn.  It wasn't a bad little place and looked as though they might actually be decently stocked, likely due to being on the main path of the merchant caravan.  The Inn had a few locals inside, but otherwise the place was not overly full at this hour of the day.  It was still a few hours off from noon day and that meant most of the village would likely show up here for lunch.  

The two walked inside and the bartender peered down at them with a wide smile, "Hello gentle friends! What can I get for you today?"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon