RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ulfgar - The best of Rat Stew. Wait What!? (Chapter One)
---Ulfgar---

Thesius nodded, "Indeed we are.  We don't have the full details yet, but we collected the help notice and plotted the location to the town. We leave in the morning if your able to depart on such short notice."
The dwarf gave a loud harumph, then said, Iffen ye say so, me blood be boilin' fer action, but I guess we can hold off fer a day. He admitted, then said, craning his head to one side and not looking at any of them, I says we can hold out a day, ye always were an impatient one Silverbeard.  Then looking back at the others and pasting on a fierce dwarven grin, a spectacle that usually sent normal people rushing in the other direction, So, lets be gettin' to know each other then. I hate goin' fer a scrap wit fellas I hardly be knowin'.
---Ulfgar---

Ulfgar spends the rest of the evening in this fine establishment getting to know his new friends.

(DM - Roll a Constitution Save and a Charisma Check)
Constitution Save: 1d20+6 16
Charisma Check: 1d20+1 10

As the night wore on, the small party sharing tales and getting to know one another, someone asked a question about the small hoop of lava rock that was latched firmly about the lobe of his right ear, the comment brought a longing gleam to the dwarf's eye and a wide smile and flash of large square teeth. Dis lad is me confession. Fer a decade past, I fashioned a pair o' these little lovelies' wit' da help o' me Ma. One I bear upon mine own ear, da other dons da pretty ear o' me lovely Sienna. 

So, there is a little dwarven maid awaiting your return to the hearth home then friend dwarf? One of his fellow adventurers asked. 

Nae lad, Sienna of Silverymoon is no rock cut dwarven lass, He quipped, downing the remainder of his tankard and wiping away the froth, She's o' half human and elven stock and a prettier little lassie ye'll find no where else. A Ranger by trade and hearty traveler, she wanders de lands between Silverymoon and Everlund, helpin' keep down the rodent population. Pesky garguran, goblins and der hobgoblin masters, have been encroachin' on Silverymoon territory from de depths of the Nether Mountains fer several years now and me lass was tasked to help keep der kind in check. 

I met her back when I was but a beardless boy and she was nimble little sneak thief scratching out an existence on da streets o' Silverymoon. Me parents and I had just set our little traveling smithy in the marketplace when she tried her tricks upon me Da. Sly ole dwarf dat he was, he caught her quick as a whip and would have turned her over to de Knights o' Silver, but he refrained. It wasn't until later that he admitted he seen somethin' in her eyes that told him she was a good person just tryin' to etch out a life fer herself. Instead, he forced her to help wit' da day's labor, den paid her few coins and sent her on her way. He chuckled then in remembrance, but sobered almost immediately, By Moradin's beard though, that fiesty lass showed up da next day, and den the next. Fer the entire tenday we stayed in the Silverymoon, everyday der was Sienna, showin' up to work bright and early. 

De more she came around, de more we talked, the de more I found meself enjoyin' the company o' dat fiery half-elf.

It was as this moment, that he took note of his empty tankard and blew out a hefty sigh. I thinkin' mayhaps it be time to turn in fer de night. I be harpin' on about me lass like some love-struck boy and we have de road ahead o' us in de morn. 
---Ulfgar---

Ulfgar handled his drink like a champion.  Of course he had been drinking ale since he was off the teat, but that didn't mean he wasn't capable of overdoing, even for a dwarf.  Still he kept his wits well enough to spin several good tales in good dwarven fashion that entertained his new traveling companions to no end.  All in all ti was a good start to a new adventure.

As the night came to an end, His new fellow adventurers all nodded and they went off to the inns rather comfortable beds.  He wasn't sure if it was enchantments from passing wizards or just quality furniture, but the beds themselves were sturdy framed with incredibly comfortable mattresses. 

(DM- Roll Constitution Save to see how early you get up.)
Constitution Save: 1d20+6 8
---Ulfgar---

Ulfgar wakes to the sound of someone pounding on the door to his room.  The sun was already pouring through the one little window, the soft murmur of an inn filling up below hit his ears, and suddenly he realized he had very clearly overslept. 

Someone pounded at his door again.
Aye aye, I hears ye already, The groggy dwarf grumbled as he rolled off the bed and thumped to the floor, give me a moment or three and I'll be downstairs, as he set about gathering his gear and getting dressed.
---Ulfgar---

(DM - Roll Athletics twice, to see who quickly and easily you get your shit together and make it downstairs.)
Athletics: 1d20+6 16
Athletics: 1d20+6 13

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon