RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Foyer
(01-22-2022, 04:37 PM)Johnny Blair Wrote: "Who's 'Magneto'?  And who's 'Toad'?  Whatever.  I think you're underselling yourself.  Maybe you don't have the kind of overt power Porsche has, but I'll bet you can do even more if you think of other ways to utilize them.  I mean, how often do magicians fool everyone with sleigh of hand?"

"Magneto is a mega powerful mutant who can control any energy within the electromagnetic spectrum especially magnetism.  He's so powerful he did something to the magnetic field of the earth to decrease the range of telepathy on a global scale.  And toad, well, can jump and lick you.  

As for me, there are things I could do with my powers.  Even focus light to create lasers or control shadows but there hasn't really been a reason since Spectrum and Porsche can already do that and Demi can do the shadow thing.  So I just basically use it to change or drain color out of objects."
Quote this message in a reply
"Yeah, so what happens if we have to face them, or someone like them, and they aren't on our side?  Your creativity is exactly what we'd need.  Because God knows I can't trust myself with what I can do."  John knows that he's trying to give her a peptalk.  It was fine.  This felt...normal for him.
Niall's eyes widened as an idea occured to him and he asked, "Do you think you would be able to drain the color of something to the point that it goes completely transparent?"
John nods.  "She's told me before that she can do that."
"If we face Magneto then we better hope the X-Men are with us or we wouldn't stand much of a chance.  As for Toad, he basically hops around and licks you so I think most heroes could handle him unless they got unlucky."

Ashley nods when John answers Niall's question, then adds,  "It's not perfect.  It kind of looks like the camouflage the Predator uses in those movies but in the heat of battle it's pretty difficult to detect.  I haven't tried to develop it into actual invisibility yet because I really haven't needed to."
"Do you really think they would ask us to face someone like Magneto?  I would think that would merit veterans who've faced him before."
(01-31-2022, 04:28 AM)Johnny Blair Wrote: "Do you really think they would ask us to face someone like Magneto?  I would think that would merit veterans who've faced him before."

"The Professor wouldn't ask us to face anyone.  This is a school, not a military academy.  Anytime we've faced other super powered opponents it has always been because we did so behind the faculty's back like when we searched for Jack or because we found ourselves in the middle of a fight and we chose to help.  Like when we went to the Mall of America to see a new type of Sentinel, super powered battle armor and 'Freedom Force,' also known as the Brotherhood of (evil) Mutants showed up to steal it for mutantkind."
Niall was impressed at the detailed focus of Ashley's power. As the conversation took a more political bent he scratched his throat and said, "Yeah, it's kind of interesting that unlike 'normal' criminals, a lot of powered criminals seem driven by the exhibition as much as whatever crime they are doing.  My Da really agreed with a lot of Magneto's statements, but thought he was too flashy and as interested in getting in the news as enacting real practical change for mutants like us. Ma thought he was too 'cavalier' about bystanders getting hurt.  I'm kind of torn, but haven't really paid enough attention to the sides, you know?"
Dazzler returns about 20 minutes after she left with the harness in hand.  "This is a harness Angel wore when he had to go out in public.  He used a hologram projector too but we should stick with this for now."  She asks him to thread his arms through the shoulder straps and then buckles two additional straps that crosses his chest and waist that hold his wings in place.  "It's not going to be comfortable but now you'll have some idea of what we women go through with our bras.  When you wear your coat over the harness, the position of your wings will make it appear you have exceptionally broad shoulders."

[[OoC: Here's a few panels showing what the wing harness kind of looks like.]]
 [Image: x75oot4.jpg]
John stares at it the whole time, like it's some freakish medieval torture device.  The hot teach brings it over...this is surreal...unstraps it...Okay, what the hell...then John feels her arms around his chest, his waist, and he tenses and gulps visibly...Don't move.  Don't move!  DON'T MOVE!

The thing feels like it's squeezing his arms together behind his back, like some weird professional wrestling move.  Only he can move his arms...sorta.  The constriction actually reduces his range of movement.  He was certain he'd have trouble throwing the pigskin around without full range.  But what could he do?  It was this or freeze, he supposed.

Hesitantly, almost timidly, he nods and averts his eyes, mumbling something about going to get his coat, aching from the uncomfortable bindings.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon