RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shadowrun
I was also look at a troll street sam so my primary wouldn't be decking.  As an alt I had been considering something along the lines of a dwarven decker, but would prefer the sammie.
Quote this message in a reply
I'm not familiar with the new rules to have an opinion on if something else should be changed.  The Matrix could be rendered moot if the Decker was an NPC.  But Anthraxus mentioned he's interested in playing one.  Which is fine.  PbP may actually make decking work without slowing the game down much!  But Anthrax has since said he would rather make a Sammie so that's fine too.

I'm probably going to go with 5e. They say 4e has a smoother matrix but magic is considered broken.  I'm sure there are ways to speed up the matrix with some house rules.  That's what many people online say to do.  I obviously don't have any issues with implementing new house rules.   Tongue
Lol, I had forgotten I had previously stated my preference was a decker.  Honestly I'm fine with either.  The samurai is based on an old 2e character I had, but if other people want to be samurai's (or other tanks/brutes), I would be equally happy to fall back to the decker.  As Marvel indicated he and I have spoken previously about how a PC decker might not be as distracted in this format as it is in others.
You mean a mage won't be able to shoot down an apache with a simple spell? Darn (very old 1e gam GM Marvel dm'd 20+ years ago my mage simply used a laser spell to bypass the armour of the windshield to shoot the pilot, because the windshield was clear. Fun times. The same game though the other players sniper was forced to shoot my character under compulsion spell.. so for some reason the player chose to use every available pool dice. Messy.
I think dana also wanted to play a street smmie, depending how many players we have I might play two characters if you want.. 2nd would be a magic wielder.. of some sort
Well, the only person that hasn't expressed a preference is @ a_wanderer.  Also not sure if it is one or two people on that account.
Actually @_wanderer (@Zam). &. @ danaoverland (@olaf) haven't expressed an opinion yet
(08-01-2020, 03:22 AM)danaoverland Wrote: I would be interested, perhaps ex-military merc, or a street samuria

Sure he did.
(05-25-2021, 05:10 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Actually @_wanderer (@Zam). &. @ danaoverland (@olaf) haven't expressed an opinion yet

Oh, didn't know that was Zam.  cool.  and his username is A_WANDERER on his profile. Big Grin
(05-25-2021, 03:31 PM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: Well, the only person that hasn't expressed a preference is @ a_wanderer.  Also not sure if it is one or two people on that account.

Sorry, it's been a wild month. Also A_Wanderer and Zam are two sides of one personality. Let me gather my thoughts and I'll comment. 

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon