RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shadowrun
I was wondering if there is any interest in a Shadowrun game?
Quote this message in a reply
Definiyely.. whicg edition (I have the 5e book, but never read it.. We used to play I think 3rd ed or was it 1st ed.. with the piles of d6
(07-30-2020, 04:44 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Definiyely.. whicg edition (I have the 5e book, but never read it..  We used to play I think 3rd ed or was it 1st ed.. with the piles of d6

I believe it was 2e and I was leaning toward that edition.  But if more people were familiar with 5th then I'd have to study the book a little.  I hope it isn't too different.
(07-30-2020, 04:47 PM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 04:44 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Definiyely.. whicg edition (I have the 5e book, but never read it..  We used to play I think 3rd ed or was it 1st ed.. with the piles of d6

I believe it was 2e and I was leaning toward that edition.  But if more people were familiar with 5th then I'd have to study the book a little.  I hope it isn't too different.

No idea, I just bought it at drivethrurpg because I was gonna join a game on roll20 that fell thru
(07-30-2020, 09:39 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:

No idea, I just bought it at drivethrurpg because I was gonna join a game on roll20 that fell thru

Well I found a trove of 2e Shadowrun books at this site...  https://thetrove.net/Books/Shadowrun/2nd%20Edition/

And I think I still have some of the books from 2e.  But maybe it might be better to do 5e because the setting technology must have improved since 2e and I hope they've ironed out the complicated Matrix rules.  I've also seen online that some people feel 3e is the best edition.
(07-31-2020, 05:05 PM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 09:39 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:

Well I found a trove of 2e Shadowrun books at this site...  https://thetrove.net/Books/Shadowrun/2nd%20Edition/

And I think I still have some of the books from 2e.  But maybe it might be better to do 5e because the setting technology must have improved since 2e and I hope they've ironed out the complicated Matrix rules.  I've also seen online that some people feel 3e is the best edition.

I will play whatever you choose, it is the setting I like and the storys not the rules system.  Once you choose I wwill start to collect books.  I am already thinkin a rigger with a bunch of drones  :Smile For a character concept
I would be interested, perhaps ex-military merc, or a street samuria
I've glanced at the rules for 5th edition and it seems the dice rolling is pretty much the same.  So I might lean toward 5e only because the game would have upgraded the technology from what they thought possible from the 90's.  I saw some artwork were the characters were using holographic keyboards that hovered in front of the characters.  I don't remember any of that kind of thing from 2e.
I would be interested in this.  I think PbP might address some of the issues with the system and running deckers than normal tabletop makes difficult.  I would be interested in doing a decker or rigger, leaning more towards decker.
So far we have 3 players interested. Nothing set in stone but so far the concepts players are interest in are:

VitKyng: Rigger
danaO: Street Samurai
Anthraxus: Decker

Obviously for a 4th character, the group could use some kind of Shaman or Mage (which happen to be my favorite class) so if everyone is still interested, I can cover them.

(10-21-2020, 03:16 PM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: I would be interested in this.  I think PbP might address some of the issues with the system and running deckers than normal tabletop makes difficult.  I would be interested in doing a decker or rigger, leaning more towards decker.

I hope so too. Deckers were a pain in the ass to run. Decking is usually a solo activity which can be excessively boring for other players. But PbP is slow so a lot can be done in PM's between other player's actions.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon