RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shadowrun
Still interested. I could play two characters if needed. Have an idea for a shaman I could play. Last time I played Shadowrun was over 20 years ago, so there's been a few editions since. Which edition is it
Quote this message in a reply
My son has expressed interest in Shadowrun. If this is still viable I'll tell him.
Yeah, I'm still interested in this as well.
I'm off to find Shadowrun resources. Any suggestions?
Apparently I need to ask which edition as well. (Apparently I'm out of touch with Shadowrun.)
So far it's all up to GM Marvel. I think he planned on it being 5th edition buit I am not sure. He and I used to play 1e 'back in the day'
So, I'm pretty much narrowed down to 4e (20th anniversary edition) and 5e. 

I've heard 6e is awful and 1e, 2e and 3e are old school.  They don't have wifi which is something I think a modern game needs.  It's in 4e+ where they modernize the matrix.  But the wifi would need to be tweaking.

My main issue with the wifi stuff and decking is the rules allow the decker to just connect through satellites from anywhere in the world to hack whatever they want.  That doesn't make sense.  There are companies nowadays who have removed wifi connections and disabled USB ports to prevent theft of corporate data.  Imagine the type of security corporations would have in 2070!!

From what I've read 4e has quicker matrix rules but they ditched the cyber-deck.  20th anniversary edition also includes the Errata.  In 5e they brought the cyberdeck back and it's also the most played edition so there's lots of material and support from players online.  But you can do something called a data spike.  Pretty much the decker can do things like make your cyber-eyes explode.  Fun for the decker.  Not so much for the street Sammies or anyone else with cyberware.  So that would have to be looked at too.

Comments or suggestions would be welcome...
I have the 5e rulebook (bought itr on sale on drivethrurpg years ago and never read it, the sale was just too good to pass). How easy/hard iis it to get access to the other sourcebooks at no or little cost... that might be a deciding factor?
The trove has pretty much everything for every version.
Perfect
Which do you prefer? I have no real opinions, because GM Marvels quanderies all focus on the Matrix and decking, which is NOT where my character will be focused.. I was planning on doing the rigger (drones)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon