RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] The Old Sycamore
[[Pokes the table]]
Quote this message in a reply
"We are going to have to risk it, nothing else we can do unless we choose to abandon the endeavour."
[[So...arrrre you going to cross the field or try to find some other way in?]]
"I still believe, by attacking a wounded creature shows they do not have good intentions.  Seriously, what moral creature fire arrows at a wounded person while giggling and blowing raspberries?  But if you wish to try to negotiate with them, Andra would likely be the best choice.  She is also already beside the hole the arrows are coming from so she shouldn't have any problem speaking with them."
"I agree, the only negotiation will be the violent sort. That is what I meant by do we want to risk it. Approaching and attempting to enter means directly exposing ourselves to their attacks. Is it worth the risk?     Mayhap we'd be better served just burning the damned tree down and focusing our efforts on preventing the fire from becoming a grass-fire.
"I do not like our odds at controlling a fire in the middle of a forest.  Do we even have a create water spell?  And I'm a little suspicious of this Old Sycamore.  As far as we've been able to detect, the only way into the tree is through the front door.  There doesn't even seem to be an arrow slit because they haven't tried shooting at us from a better angle than from a hole.

Whatever we're going to do we have to get closer.  I believe our best chance is to trust Andra's information and approach from the sides or from behind."

The red arrows show the mite's point of view and the orange arrows show the directions we move in toward the tree.  If Andra is correct then we should be able to approach the tree without anyone watching.  Nex can even keep concentrating on the illusion to keep them distracted while we move into place.

[Image: YhYuE7um.jpg]
[OoC where were we given this map??]
[We weren't.  I grabbed a map of a tree off Google and used it to explain what I was talking about.]
[OoC the tree is in the middle of meadow-land not forest if I recall, though that actually makes afire harder to contain, not easier]

"Nothing for it then but to approach it from behind."

Valdi begins walking, leading his horse away then circling around behind the tree.

"Any magics you have that can prepare for the assault let  us know how much time you need."

Grumbling in Skald, Vidar begins to follow his half-brother.
"Just great, s'pose your expecting me to take the lead again brother?"
[[Oh, wow. I wasn't expecting this game to continue. I thought you guys had given up on it. Ok! To answer your question, yes the Sycamore is in a meadow. Burning it to the ground (or even just setting fire to it) would not be an easy feat without causing a brush fire. There does not appear to be any movement or action from the mites in the big bole, other than to continue to merrily attempt to turn Nexendia's image into a pincushion...but they're pretty bad shots anyway. I have a question for you all: Do any of you have Tabletop Simulator, from Steam?]]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon