RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Into Barovia
(11-12-2020, 04:45 PM)Rhodric Wrote: Rhoderic carefully examines the sealed letter before usin his dagger to carefully lift the edge of the wax seal from the paper, as to open the letter with out breaking the seal. He then quickly examines the letter while sipping his mug of ale, He then bekins the tavern owner over to his table and quitely inquires about the cost of renting a room and a wake up call few hours before dawn so he can get a head start on catching the travelers that left perhaps 30 minutes prior.

[So you want to sleep for 8 hours even though they left 30 minutes ago?  You will be at least 8.5 hours behind them! ]
Quote this message in a reply
[Ya right} Rhoderic finshes his ale quickly, grabs his pack grabs his bow and heads down the west road looking for signs of the group of travelers that left before him, hopeing he can catch up to them on foot.
(11-12-2020, 04:47 PM)Rhodric Wrote: [Rhoderic does not have a horse, I hope that is not going to be a problem, allthough he has light encumbrence is is at full movement]

[You are fairly high level.  It's likely you would have bought a horse already.  Just consider whatever regular horse you want and whatever else you want for it as part of your starting equipment.]
[OoC:Ok done] Rhoderic rides westward out of town trying to pickup the trail of the group that left 30 minutes before him.
[OoC: I looked back at what has been posted when MiB was DMing I realized a few things.

1) The original group DID sleep at the Inn and left in the morning.  So while the thunderclouds do make the skies dark, you don't need a torch.

2)  So if the party left at 6am; Rhodric left at 6:30am; the Warg attack happened at 7am; then the party messed around inside the woods for an indeterminate amount of time; Then Rhodric should be meeting up with the group very shortly! ]

Aly and Sumayl: So while the human and elf travel, they suddenly hear the sound of distant hooves rapidly approaching them.

Rhodric:  You can spot 2 people in the distance.  He wonders if these are the party he was looking for but he was told there were 4 of them. Two elves, a human and a half elf.
as Rhoderic spots the 2 travelers on the road he slows his horse to a walk, so not to come onto the 2 too quickly, and to give him time to observe them briefly before they note him, when either of them turn towards him he will wave at them and say, "Greetings fellow travelers, I am looking for a group of 4 travelers I believe are headed the same way I am!"
(11-12-2020, 08:32 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [OoC: I looked back at what has been posted when MiB was DMing I realized a few things.

1) The original group DID sleep at the Inn and left in the morning.  So while the thunderclouds do make the skies dark, you don't need a torch.

2)  So if the party left at 6am; Rhodric left at 6:30am; the Warg attack happened at 7am; then the party messed around inside the woods for an indeterminate amount of time; Then Rhodric should be meeting up with the group very shortly! ]

Aly and Sumayl: So while the human and elf travel, they suddenly hear the sound of distant hooves rapidly approaching them.

Rhodric:  You can spot 2 people in the distance.  He wonders if these are the party he was looking for but he was told there were 4 of them. Two elves, a human and a half elf.

Sumayl immediately circles around to be between Aly and the threat.  He undoes the rope knot  and readies his grip on his lance.

"Stay behind me, kahina. And it is not an insult, 'tis your station."
"And where are you headed?..." Ge pauses when Rhodric is still 30 feet away. He says in a voice of steel "You can stop right there. Advance no further."
Rhoderic  stops his horse and raises his hands, and says, " whoa, Peace friend, I was given a sealed letter by a stranger, bidding me to aid a lord of some place named Barovia, and told to head quickly west out of town to catch up with a group of 4 travelers (2 elves, a half-elve and a human) already sent to aid said lord! You wouldn't be 2 of those 4 travelers would you?"
Sumayl nods. "You may approach."  He did not like it, it was way to coincidental; the courier knowing when to be at the inn, and now this.

He reminds himself that he was trusting his Fate in Hajama. He did bot know Aly really any more than he did this stranger approaching.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon