RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Ale House (OOC)
Thumbs Up 
(07-06-2019, 03:18 AM)Athos Blackwind Wrote: Athos blinks for a moment, not entirely sure how that conversation was supposed to play out.  It seems that the two clearly miss interpreted something they were telling each other. 

"Ah, miss?" Athos called over to the half-elven lady. He moves to catch up to her. "I'm guessing from your attire you're an adventurer and looking for a party of like-minded adventurer's to assist you?"

Good man  Smile
Quote this message in a reply
Goods purchased at general goods store:
10 peices chalk (10 cp)
crowbar (2 gp, 5 lb.)
hammer (1 gp, 3lbs)
hooded lantern (5 gp, 2 lb.)
10 oil (flask) (1 gp, 10 lbs.)
10 pitons (5 sp, 2.5 lbs.)
2 sacks (2 cp, 1 lb.)
Pouch (5 sp, 1 lb)
= 10 gp, 1 sp, 2 cp spent
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2269110
Okay, couple little things.  This is my bad really.   ALL OOC comments are to go in this thread.  Even OOC comments pertaining to the current game thread.  I know a lot of you guys do the whole (OOC- in the game thread)   ... I don't.  All OOC stuff of any sort goes here. 

@GM Marvel  Sorry about that,  Minty was right.  I mean Dexterity Save.  That should be your Dex Modifier only.  Unless you have Proficiency in Dexterity, in which you would add your Proficiency bonus too.  

Your Warlock does not.  But she does have proficiency in Wisdom and Charisma saves.  You'll see that indicated by the little check marks to the far right of each attribute.
@GM Marvel  Just as a reminder, ( Anything OOC ) goes in the OOC thread.  Even if it's related to the current story. 

These are the rules on Coupe De Grace listed below. 

GM Marvel Wrote:[OoC: I Found this online...  It condenses all the rules for unconscious characters into an 'Unofficial' 5e Coup de grace rules.  I think all these rules are legit, it's just not called Coup de Grace in the rules.  I found the info here.  https://www.nerdsandscoundrels.com/coup-de-grace-5e/

Quote:Understanding how the unofficial form of Coup de Grace works in 5E requires knowledge of some basic game concepts, including incapacitation, death savings throws, and advantage.
  • These rules apply to incapacitated opponents. This includes those that are unconscious, paralyzed, or dying.
  • You gain Advantage in all attacks against an Incapacitated opponent.
  • All hits on incapacitated opponents within 5 feet are critical.
  • Opponents with 0 HP are Dying and must make a death saving throw each turn. Three failed throws = Death
  • A Dying creature takes an automatic failed death saving throw each time they take damage
  • A creature takes two failed death saves when it takes a critical hit.

That's pretty much how I'm doing it.  The only thing I changed is I wont be doing the Death Saves unless it's an important enemy or npc.
---Everyone---

Trying out a new map system.  The characters don't have a customization option yet, but that's coming.  SO - In the mean time, I think I got close enough for all of you to recognize your characters.  Let me know if you don't, lol!

Couple of things to remember. 

-  Fog of War is Active.  So you will not see the monsters on any level unless you walk up on them, or you're character rolls Perception. This means if you walk into a creature, they will likely get a surprise round on you.  With a successful perception check, I will reveal the monsters that you see on the map. 

- The Map is Accurate.  If you notice something on the map and you want your character to notice it, You will need to roll Perception to spot it and/or the appropriate rolls to figure out what your character is looking at. 

- I will often times hide things in the map, so exploring objects or things in the map is very encouraged.
Are we able to look over the edge of the stairs we're standing on to look at the stairs below us?  Or is the stairs we're standing on enclosed with a wall on both sides?
(05-22-2021, 06:40 PM)DM Spiral Wrote: ---Everyone---

-  Fog of War is Active.  So you will not see the monsters on any level unless you walk up on them, or you're character rolls Perception. This means if you walk into a creature, they will likely get a surprise round on you.  With a successful perception check, I will reveal the monsters that you see on the map. 

- The Map is Accurate.  If you notice something on the map and you want your character to notice it, You will need to roll Perception to spot it and/or the appropriate rolls to figure out what your character is looking at. 

- I will often times hide things in the map, so exploring objects or things in the map is very encouraged.

What about Passive Perception?  Are we not using it?
@Mivia Odiania You can look over the side without issue once you are in a position to do so. Any walls or obstacles should show up on the map. If they don't or you can't, I'll just tell you when you try. 

We are still using Passive Perception.  It's for things that are relatively obvious or out in the open. Passive Perception will not allow you to see creatures that are Actively trying to hide from you or objects that have been actively hidden such as Traps, Creatures waiting in ambush, that sort of thing.  If monsters are unaware of the groups presence, (Which is often unlikely due to the sounds of battle and lack of sneaking).  Passive Perception will notice them.  

Also remember Passive Perception is capped at a certain level, so sometimes it will behoove you try and notice something by seeing if you can roll higher than your passive perception stat. If it's something that is covered under passive perception and you roll lower than the listed stat, I just default to the Passive Perception listed instead of what you rolled.
Going on Vacation.  Be back next Friday.  Have a good week everyone!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon