RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
OOC - this particular duergar has so many scars (face and soul alike) that one more would actually make him look less ugly. I guess Smile
OOC2 - not that it matters but... Lugar I think your flat-footed AC is same as your full AC, due to uncanny dodge. Please revise your sheet + sig.
OOC3 - not sure about the entangled condition, -4 dex all right, but does it prevent uncanny dodge? see also below.

The secret door reacts offensively upon the feeble attempt of intrusion. What Lugar assumed to be some kind of point of origin for the trap, glows with a brief, pearly white light and spits forth a gooey blob that ensnares the dumbfounded deep dwarf! The gooey material all but holds him in place. (OOC - you gain the entangled condition: -2 penalty on all attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity. Attempts to cast a spell must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the spell’s level) or lose the spell. I'm not sure if the goo being stuck to the floor qualifies as "the bonds are anchored to an immobile object")

As if on cue, the oval aura shimmers with the same pearly white light, and a draconid form, albeit wings too small to fly, appears right next to the door. It's pearly white, and has some shimmer as if it were polished smooth, or as if its surface would be covered by some kind of gelatinous material.
Catching the party on surprise, it moves in for the kill and slams hard into the dwarf's armor (OOC - hit AC17. Lugar's AC is now either 18 or 19, depending on uncanny dodge, but if we consider him being immobile and his effective dex score as 0, then it's actually 13 and it's a hit... I think it would make entangle even more powerful than it is already)

None of the spellcasters standing around have any clue of what the first spell was, but the second one is some kind of conjuration... whether summoning or creation, is too early to tell...

Roll for initiative!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - by DM Surranó - 06-16-2018, 07:28 PM