RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average

OOC
Welcome to both of you to RPG Addicts!  It's always nice to see new people even though you've been here for a few months already.  

Have either of you branched out to other games on here or are you only interested in D6 Star Wars?  There is a SAGA Star Wars game on the site that now has a new DM who is looking for some additional new players.  Or maybe a D&D game?  There's a new game being advertised (by the same DM) that's looking for players.  I know this new DM. He's really good and experience at creating great maps on Roll20.  There are also other games that will usually be happy to squeeze in new players too.
(11-07-2017, 02:50 AM)Jendu Verbenti Wrote: Welcome to both of you to RPG Addicts!  It's always nice to see new people even though you've been here for a few months already.  

Have either of you branched out to other games on here or are you only interested in D6 Star Wars?  There is a SAGA Star Wars game on the site that now has a new DM who is looking for some additional new players.  Or maybe a D&D game?  There's a new game being advertised (by the same DM) that's looking for players.  I know this new DM. He's really good and experience at creating great maps on Roll20.  There are also other games that will usually be happy to squeeze in new players too.

I AM that new DM he's referring to lol.. DM Vitkyng at your service.. the games are Star Wars Saga, and Pathfinder.. and I was not about to advertise in MiB's game without permission
Well I wasn't "advertising," I was just giving them a heads up.   Wink
Thank you for the belated welcome! Will try to venture out from this game's threads once brave enough, haha.

Also! Pls let me know if that gif I used in the IC thread is too much and I will edit / remove!
[OoC: Do the rest of us know that Tiktuk is a Jedi or have heard of Nova's suspicions that Tiktuk is a Jedi?  ]

[OoC2:  Should we as players be suspicious of Tiktuk's death?  What I mean is, is Tiktuk's death important to the story or did the DM just remove Tiktuk from the game because the player had vanished and we shouldn't read too much into the fact that the only Jedi in the group was murdered first and then the second Force Sensitive person was targeted next?  I don't want to as a character point out a connection when in reality it was just the DM removing a character from the game and it could have easily happened to anyone.  Do you get what I'm trying to say?  Huh ]

Nova Wrote:Also! Pls let me know if that gif I used in the IC thread is too much and I will edit / remove!

It's DM MiB's game but I didn't think it was too much. If it adds to the game then I don't think it's a bad thing.
I don't think anyone thinks "Jedi" but possibly sees the potential.

I don't know, Jendu. What do you think. Am I smart enough to use a player absence as a plot point? Is this a carefully constructed plot or am I just making up some BS as I go along? Wink
Obviously being smart enough isn't an issue. [Insert butt smooch here.  Tongue ]

But obviouly if Tiktuk didnt vanish you wouldnt have just killed him off just for a plot point.  So I thought it was a fair question whether we should treat the Jedi murder like we would any other player who vanished and was written out (but whose death could of course be used as story fodder) OR if the Jedi's death should be making Nova think of a connection between Tiktuk and Jendu.  Cuz Jendu has been going through life thinking he's just intuitive and a really good judge of character (Well at least in his background.  He hasn't sensed anything here)
I would say one of my best talents as a GM is the ability to take the unexpected and turn it into part of the story. Having a player vanish actually fed quite well into my machinations. So yeah, you're not just paying lip service to RP for seeing something more in a PC death. I guess I'm pretty much stuck between confirming it's a murder even though the characters would not be able to say one way or the other, or having it mistaken for just a character being written out for reasons that happen all the time in pbp. So you won't be wasting any precious mental faculties in pondering the death of Tiktuk.
You know, I wondered about this myself. I had initially thought it was a way to write TikTuk out that not only "raised the stakes" through a loss of one of the party, but also left open the possibility for her return, should her player pop up again. Then Jendu was nearly crushed... DunDunDUNN!

Am enjoying the ambiguity and am glad that you were able to weave the unfortunate loss of a player into something that contributed to the mystery as an in-game story factor, MiB!
I try.

Really wiped out right now. The last couple of weeks have been rough. Really tired and running really slow. I'll be sure to update you tomorrow.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon