RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Character Creation and Discussion
(05-23-2017, 03:59 AM)Tiktuk Wrote: Okay so this is Mark II done in first edition.

Nice fit with our skills, looking forward to seeing how she fits our backgrounds.
I'm at work right now but I would like to join.  I've just been very busy with the usual RL stuff.  I should be home in around an hour or so and will have some time to present a character idea but I will need quite a bit of help with character creation.
(05-23-2017, 12:58 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: I'm at work right now but I would like to join.  I've just been very busy with the usual RL stuff.  I should be home in around an hour or so and will have some time to present a character idea but I will need quite a bit of help with character creation.

Im sure we can be helpfull
GM Marvel here.

Here is a couple of ideas I have.

1) Force-Sensitive politician who doesn't believe in the Force but has inadvertently been using it to sway his opponents and win all his arguments.

2) Dancer/Acrobat who's actually a spy/bounty hunter/assassin

3) Inexperienced Senator
any of those fit.. as this party so far is a bit socially inept lol
Young senatorial would be the easiest one, since this is 1 ed. there is very little you can do with the force to affect others unless you have force skills in the range of 6D it takes a while belive me. I really think we are okay for combat prowess. so if you wanna play someone knowledgable and sociable, that would be great. I would suggest

DEX 3D, KNOW 4D, Mech 2D Perc 4D Str 3D and tech 2D slightly alterd stats from the young senatorial, Knows a lot can influence pepole and is  okay for combat , bad at flying and repairing stuff as for skills these are recomended.

Con, Bargin, Command, Byrocacy, culptures, alien species, Dodge and blaster

Bonty hunter would/assasin would work as well mabye a more female fatale(sex undetermied) type thou as we would benefit from a social butterfly among our numbers think "My lady" in the three musqeeters.
something like.

DEX 3D+2 KNOW  3D Mech 2D+1 Perc 4D  Str 3D Tech 2D

Skills Con, Security, Streetwise, Dogde, melee weapons, blaster, Hide/sneak

Just my two cents
(05-23-2017, 04:18 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: GM Marvel here.

Here is a couple of ideas I have.

1) Force-Sensitive politician who doesn't believe in the Force but has inadvertently been using it to sway his opponents and win all his arguments.

2) Dancer/Acrobat who's actually a spy/bounty hunter/assassin

3) Inexperienced Senator

All of these do sound good, my thoughts as well:

1. Like Rahullu has said above, it would be semi-difficult to sway debate partners unless you put most/all of your starting D into Force skills, and even then the results are closer to crapshoot and less "these aren't the droids you are looking for", thought there's a chance it could work on weaker-minded NPCs. That and I dunno know how Force-leaning GM MiB wants the party to be. If do you give this one a shot, I will say that it has nice potential for smarmy comedy, if you want to play it that way!

2. I saw this as a Mara Jade type. Rahullu suggested femme fatale, but you could just as easily be a smooth-talking Lando, with both types getting you in closer for the kill, etc. Although Nova does have a high PER attribute, she is more of a tomboy and an eccentric, with her high PER reflecting insight and observation rather than fast-talking or conning people, so that would make your character the "Face" type of the group, as we do have pretty strong combatants.

3. The young senatorial type is practically this type right out of the box!

EDIT: Were you the one who had initially wanted to be a droid?
I dont know the trem of a male female fatale in english (is there one?) as you might have guessed english in not my native tounge. So sometimes i really cant get what i want down i the best words but i think you get my point anyway.
(05-23-2017, 07:38 PM)Rahullu Wrote: I dont know the trem of a male female fatale in english (is there one?) as you might have guessed english in not my native tounge. So sometimes i really cant get what i want down i the best words but  i think you get my point anyway.

I don't think I know quite the right term either... a "lothario" or "gigolo" are similar, but not exactly.

I think your point definitely came across! I didn't mean that to come off as a knock on you just in case it did, as your English is very good -- especially for a Wookie ;-)
(05-23-2017, 12:42 PM)Garlen Veir Wrote:
(05-23-2017, 03:59 AM)Tiktuk Wrote: Okay so this is Mark II done in first edition.

Nice fit with our skills, looking forward to seeing how she fits our backgrounds.

Agreed! I like that the background paints Tiktuk as kind of a tag-along, who just kind of accidentally winds up coming along on the mission after following us around for long enough.
And once the bureaucrat-maybe-dancer/spy signs on to our socially inept group, it'll be an even motlier crew.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon