RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Character Creation and Discussion
(05-21-2017, 12:22 PM)HRahullu Wrote: Btw another rules question witch skill do you use for 1 ed to Intimidate someone? Command, thats why i put points into it?

I second this question, and follow up with one about what we use to resist -- is it Perception since there is no willpower skill in 1E? Or (and this option makes more sense, imho) can we just park the willpower skill under PER because that's where 1E has the opposed roll Force resistance?
Yep waiting for MiBs conclusion, i was under the mistaken thought we were doing 2nd Ed... No worries thought I am looking at my first ed book on the shelf right now and could easily re do the character. And in 2nd Ed it does say starting dice can be spent to increase force powers and at max 3D yeah shes not a threat yet. Originally with the advanatages and dis ads, she was wanted for being a Jedi Smile but MiB said no's so its no Smile
(05-22-2017, 02:45 AM)Tiktuk Wrote: Yep waiting for MiBs conclusion, i was under the mistaken thought we were doing 2nd Ed...  No worries thought I am looking at my first ed book on the shelf right now and could easily re do the character. And in 2nd Ed it does say starting dice can be spent to increase force powers and at max 3D yeah shes not a threat yet.  Originally with the advanatages and dis ads, she was wanted for being a Jedi Smile but MiB said no's so  its no Smile

Oh good, I did remember that the starting dice could used for Force Skills in 2E, but was/am uncertain in 1E! And haha, I hear ya re: threat level. I think the estimated "ranks" I and my groups wound up using most frequently for Force users were as follows:

At least:
12D total Force skills / average of 4D = Padawan
(Inquisitors sit somewhere in this range -- with rank and file Inquisitors at 6D avg, and the Grand Inquisitor at Knight level.)
21D total Force skills / average of 7D = Knight
30D total Force skills / average of 10D = Master
@Nova & @Rahullu we could make us a trio with one simple modification to your backstories. I could have been assigned the odious task of being pilot of the ground transport for the slave transfer, while Nova was the pilot in charge of the space transport (an equally odious duty). Since Garlen makes a good 'first-mate' type he could have been her co-pilot. After all when we started in teh Academy web were taught that we would be fighting enemies of the Empire, maintaining Order.. not subjugating citizens and transporting slaves. Easily ties all three of us together, yes?
(05-22-2017, 04:09 AM)Garlen Veir Wrote: @Nova & @Rahullu we could make us a trio with one simple modification to your backstories. I could have been assigned the odious task of being pilot of the ground transport for the slave transfer, while Nova was the  pilot in charge of the space transport (an equally odious duty). Since Garlen makes a good 'first-mate' type he could have been her co-pilot. After all when we started in teh Academy web were taught that we would be fighting enemies of the Empire, maintaining Order.. not subjugating citizens and transporting slaves. Easily ties all three of us together, yes?

@Garlen Veir, I can dig it. I imagine the prisoner transport could have harbored a ground crew attachment as well -- and once I start the mutiny, you'd be stirred up enough to step in and act in first mate capacity, esp after the actual co-pilot is taken out. What do you think, @Rahullu
(05-22-2017, 04:18 AM)Nova Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 04:09 AM)Garlen Veir Wrote: @Nova & @Rahullu we could make us a trio with one simple modification to your backstories. I could have been assigned the odious task of being pilot of the ground transport for the slave transfer, while Nova was the  pilot in charge of the space transport (an equally odious duty). Since Garlen makes a good 'first-mate' type he could have been her co-pilot. After all when we started in teh Academy web were taught that we would be fighting enemies of the Empire, maintaining Order.. not subjugating citizens and transporting slaves. Easily ties all three of us together, yes?

@Garlen Veir, I can dig it. I imagine the prisoner transport could have harbored a ground crew attachment as well -- and once I start the mutiny, you'd be stirred up enough to step in and act in first mate capacity, esp after the actual co-pilot is taken out. What do you think, @Rahullu

Fits for me. Think ground prisoner transport of the type at the beginning of Rogue One, it would need a driver/mechanic. To ferry the prisoners from spaceport to the actual mines.
So the two people tied into the background with the wookie can translate. Everyone else has to make a roll.

Yeah, just want to specify that this is 1st edition. Playing a Jawa is fine, but there are no special abilities. You'll only need the mechanical skills listed in the 1e book. I guess you could include walkers, too. I just want to keep it simple.

There is no willpower skill. Just use Perception. It's not like you'll be facing any Sith lords. Wink
(05-22-2017, 06:30 AM)Man in Black Wrote: So the two people tied into the background with the wookie can translate.  Everyone else has to make a roll.  

Yeah, just want to specify that this is 1st edition.  Playing a Jawa is fine, but there are no special abilities.  You'll only need the mechanical skills listed in the 1e book.  I guess you could include walkers, too.  I just want to keep it simple.

There is no willpower skill.  Just use Perception.  It's not like you'll be facing any Sith lords.  Wink

Still haven answerd my question about intimidation thou? What skill is that under
(05-22-2017, 06:30 AM)Man in Black Wrote: So the two people tied into the background with the wookie can translate.  Everyone else has to make a roll.  

Yeah, just want to specify that this is 1st edition.  Playing a Jawa is fine, but there are no special abilities.  You'll only need the mechanical skills listed in the 1e book.  I guess you could include walkers, too.  I just want to keep it simple.

There is no willpower skill.  Just use Perception.  It's not like you'll be facing any Sith lords.  Wink
Weird my lines were blank also
Still no answer on the intimidation skill, i suggest command

Sorry about doubble posting somethin went amiss
(05-22-2017, 04:18 AM)Nova Wrote:

Works for me, look at Rahullus story and work from there i say.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon