RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Character Creation and Discussion
(06-03-2017, 05:03 AM)Man in Black Wrote: I'd thrown in a be a "Be a Jaxxon!" as a joke for the older among us, but now I'm afraid someone might actually do it!  

Gungan.  I should throw you in the Sarlaac pit for that one!  I'll acknowledge Natalie Portman as Princess Leia's mother because NATALIE PORTMAN!.  I totally dig Liam Neeson and Samuel Jackson as Jedi but without dressing up as Tatooine moisture farmers.  Everything else prequel I could happily walk away from.  Though I could watch some of the lightsaber duels on loop.

Whooo Star wars Marvel those vere the good old daysSmile Next character ia a angry bunny with agression problems and two guns Rolleyes
But I want the force power Summon Bigger Fish!! (See Darth & Droids)
(06-03-2017, 01:58 AM)Garlen Veir Wrote: "HI!  You-sa dropped this...." <BOOM>

--"Trooper, what was that.?"--

"I do not know commander, but it tried to bring the thermal detonator back."

Mohaaaaaaa Tongue
Hehe.
Jaxxon and Amaiza 4life / 4eva, etc!

Though I only really discovered the Marvel run well after the fact, definitely some good stuff in there, however tongue-in-cheek.
(Particularly fond of Cynthia Martin's artwork for the Lumiya/Luke showdown).

But re: character creation:
+2D sense for our fledgling senator to max it out?
(06-05-2017, 03:52 AM)Nova Wrote: Jaxxon and Amaiza 4life / 4eva, etc!

Though I only really discovered the Marvel run well after the fact, definitely some good stuff in there, however tongue-in-cheek.
(Particularly fond of Cynthia Martin's artwork for the Lumiya/Luke showdown).

But re: character creation:
+2D sense for our fledgling senator to max it out?
With my ststs its already at 3D

Skickat från min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk
[OoC1: After tonight I will have a couple of days off so I should get everything figured out then. ]

[OoC2: If I added 1 to melee combat, will I be using it much?  Don't most people fight with blasters?  Or is the idea of putting points in melee fighting supposed to be because I might eventually get a light saber?]
(06-05-2017, 05:58 AM)Jendu Verbenti Wrote: [OoC1: After tonight I will have a couple of days off so I should get everything figured out then. ]

[OoC2: If I added 1 to melee combat, will I be using it much?  Don't most people fight with blasters?  Or is the idea of putting points in melee fighting supposed to be because I might eventually get a light saber?]

Lightsaber is considered a separate skill in SWD6 (I sometimes house-rule it as a melee combat specialization, though in 1E there are no specializations). MiB's call of course, but we seem to be sticking close to rules-as-written. All good to put that last D into blaster as well!
Lightsaber combat uses Sense for to hit and control for damage in 1E, or you can have the lightsaber skill and use that instead and do a standard 5 D
(06-06-2017, 03:39 AM)Tiktuk Wrote: Lightsaber combat uses Sense for to hit and control for damage in 1E, or you can have the lightsaber skill and use that instead and do a standard 5 D

True! The Jawa makes a good point, though at this point striking and parrying with your DEX skill is a shade better, though the trade off for being able to use the Force skills to hit and damage is worth it once you improve. (It always struck me as funny that 1E still used melee parry for a lightsaber parry, unless it was blaster bolts in conjunction with the lightsaber combat.)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon