RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Entry Cavern
Ursk listens passively to the conversation while he continues to scan for threats. With the half-orc clearly dead and nobody descending into tearful hysterics, he grumbles, "Check if slave has gear we can use." 

Without waiting, he slowly progresses through the eastern passage. But Weyna is right...beetles don't stab people to death. 
"Don't see anything that might need it, but I'll humor you." Chrome offered to Cin, as his eyes began to glow blue and he held his hand out as though scanning the area. Slowly he looked around the area, the body, and focused in on anything if he was able to detect magic.
(05-05-2017, 06:18 AM)Weyna Wrote: Weyna glances at the corpse, then looks at Kayla. "It's Parda. She can't have been alone. So why would they turn on her?"

"I knew she was going to get into trouble when she started hanging out with those thugs from the south side...but I didn't think she would get into this kind of trouble! Best be on the lookout, then...there is more than a few bugs down here."

Kayla offers to follow directly behind the dwarf so that she can scan for traps , but let him take care of whatever else might be lurking down here.
Weyna nods, her grip tightening around her staff as she follows Kayla. She tries to think of something she might be able to do, based on Cin's suggestion, but her spells are still so short-lived...
(05-05-2017, 02:48 PM)Cin-Ezra Oovalli Wrote: "Might I suggest that those with magic, use magic," Cin says to no one in particular.  "Is not Detect Magic a cantrip?  Therefore just like Dancing Lights, you can keep Detect Magic or other cantrips active at all times."

Cin then continues to follow the Dwarf with her gun loaded and readied for firing.

"I'm sorry but that's not one of the spells I've prepared for the day. It's not really something I use from day to day..."Eva answers.
Detect magic fails to reveal anything new in the area. The corpse has been stripped of anything useful.
(05-05-2017, 04:21 PM)Chrome Veneer Wrote: "Don't see anything that might need it, but I'll humor you." Chrome offered to Cin, as his eyes began to glow blue and he held his hand out as though scanning the area. Slowly he looked around the area, the body, and focused in on anything if he was able to detect magic.

"Thank you so much for humoring me," Cin replies with the slightest hint of sarcasm.  "Please, whatever you do, keep humoring me.  Okay?  Thank you."  She then gives him a playful wink before turning to listen to Eva...

(05-06-2017, 02:24 AM)Eva Morningtide Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 02:48 PM)Cin-Ezra Oovalli Wrote: "Might I suggest that those with magic, use magic," Cin says to no one in particular.  "Is not Detect Magic a cantrip?  Therefore just like Dancing Lights, you can keep Detect Magic or other cantrips active at all times."

Cin then continues to follow the Dwarf with her gun loaded and readied for firing.

"I'm sorry but that's not one of the spells I've prepared for the day. It's not really something I use from day to day..."Eva answers.

"That's alright.  Didn't you hear, Chrome is humoring me so he has Detect Magic covered," Cin replies with an innocent smile.  "I am not aware of what cantrips you have available but while I was staying with Khonnir, he used a spell called Prestidigitation to great effect.  He used it to clean and dry me off when he found me.  If you have such a spell, cleaning the nastiness off of us from our swim and drying our things would be most helpful."

Cin continues to follow the others but stays far enough away to allow them to do their jobs of spotting things in the darkness (Ursk) and Trap finding (Kayla).  She also does her best to keep a lookout too.

[OoC: Taking 10 (If I can) on Perception +6 checks = 16]
[OoC2: Just a reminder that Cin has a Trait called, Defensive Strategist: Which means, she isn't flat-footed during a surprise round that she doesn't get to act in or before she gets to act at the start of a battle. ]
Seeing that Kayla has taken the position behind Ursk to locate any dangerous traps Reawyn moves up to the spot behind her and offers.

"I also have skill at removing such obstacles, if you spot something we should work together."

[OoC Kayla is better at perception that Reawyn and just has a slight edge at this level on disable device, so he will make great backup for her with Aid Another]
Taijun follows from the rear, his bow in one hand and a torch in the other. Squish, squish, squish, his boots make slapping wet along the cavern floor.
(We are delighted you're visiting the creepy caverns under the mountain today. Let's keep moving, folks. We're walking, we're walking...) (Dave)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon