RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Decisions decisions...
Aurum turns to the Professor. "He betrayed me, is what he did. Being a telepath is hard enough, with everyone being afraid you're listening to them. Giving anyone reason to think I might be controlling them... That's literally the most... fucked up thing I can imagine doing to a friend." She almost never swears, so that might be surprising. "I would never...." Balling her very boney fists up, she realizes that she's ranting, and turns back to her boyfriend for support.
Quote this message in a reply
(12-12-2016, 07:53 PM)GM Marvel Wrote:
Quote:"Warren Worthington, you said?  He's got wings too?  I guess that means I can't just make these things disappear then.  Bummer."

"No one really knows how your powers will present themselves when they are fully matured," the Professor replies to the new Johnny.  "In some cases, mutants with wings can make their wings disappear and reappear at will.  Others, like Warren, grew their wings in adolescence and have had them ever since.  There are many different kinds of wings you could have developed too.  Warren has Avian or Angelic wings like you have, while others have bat-like or dragonfly wings like the Dragoness or Sprite.  Soon I will analyze both yours and James abilities to learn more about your powers.  Then we will use that knowledge to help you manage your abilities.  Though we will first have to speak with your parents."

"One of the reasons I called you all together is to gather your thoughts about what transpired with Jack and Lisa.  Some of you may be feeling hurt and/or confused by Jack's actions and I wanted to offer any of you support.  It must be very confusing."

John purses his lips and shrugs, a little deflated by this knowledge.  That will have to do for now, I guess.  At least I don't have to deal with insect wings.  Creepy.  John had, essentially, zero knowledge or connection with Jack or Lisa, but as he pulls his emotions around himself again, and hears the anger in Ros' voice, he can feel the tension start to rise in the room again.
(12-12-2016, 08:10 PM)Aurum Wrote: Aurum turns to the Professor. "He betrayed me, is what he did. Being a telepath is hard enough, with everyone being afraid you're listening to them. Giving anyone reason to think I might be controlling them... That's literally the most... fucked up thing I can imagine doing to a friend." She almost never swears, so that might be surprising. "I would never...." Balling her very boney fists up, she realizes that she's ranting, and turns back to her boyfriend for support.

"I believe Jack may have had ulterior motives when he said what he said to you.  Knowing about your unique form of telepathy and how difficult it can be for you to block out random thoughts.  Jack knew what he said would bother you.  He also knew his accusation would drive you to try extra hard to block out his thoughts.  It is a problem many of us with telepathy or empathetic abilities are burdened with as we do not wish to be seen as using our powers to delve into the inner most private thoughts of our friends.  But Roslyn, no one thinks you purposely invade their minds.  Jack obviously either consciously or unconsciously just did not want anyone knowing what he knew about Lisa's powers."
"So is that it," Trevor asks sharply.  "Are we just going to let Jack pull one over on us or not go after Benjamin?  Even if he is going back to the Morlocks, Ben must be feeling pretty scared out there all alone.  We are his friends!  Now we're just going to say, Bye! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!  And Jack, he manipulated Lisa into harming Saleem.  He might never return to normal.  He could have to go through the next 10 years all over again.  That might sound fantastic to you old people but not to us -- or me at least!  Something needs to be done so Benny knows we care and that Jack knows he's finally stepped over the line!"
"I..I.. ag..gree. I d..don't really know B.Ben. He d..din't talk t..to m..me much. B..but J..jack-ass needs to b..be d..dealt with. And B..Ben should n..ot f..feel like it is.s un..s.safe here."
Aurum sighs. "I realize that's why he did it. But it doesn't make me feel better to know that he betrayed me personally so that I wouldn't catch on to the fact he was betraying all of us by trying to manipulate us into kidnapping his girlfriend." She takes a deep breath. "There are two problems, maybe we should split into two teams and each try to deal with one problem."
James feels a bit over his head after hearing about Morlocks, he read about them in "The Time Machine," and Jack and Lisa.  

(12-21-2016, 04:00 AM)Aurum Wrote: Aurum sighs. "I realize that's why he did it. But it doesn't make me feel better to know that he betrayed me personally so that I wouldn't catch on to the fact he was betraying all of us by trying to manipulate us into kidnapping his girlfriend." She takes a deep breath. "There are two problems, maybe we should split into two teams and each try to deal with one problem."

Almost out the door of the kitchen James pauses, sensing an opportunity to help.  "I would like to help.  I mean, I might know something about Lisa, even subconsciously,  that might help us find and help her.... She said Jack gave her a pen that she wasn't allowed to use unless he was around.  That might be important!"
[OOC: I don't know if it has been mentioned but some of us have gotten into the habit of using the ~ symbol to indicate thought speech rather than using regular quotation marks. It's an easy way to distinguish the two.]

Interface's face grows from concern for Roslyn to annoyance at Jack's bullshite.  In the beginning both he and especially Aurum attempted to understand Jack when he went off the rails.  Even if they thought he was being an idiot they tried to be friendly with him.  His constant need to be the center of attention really annoyed some of the other students but Roslyn still tried to be a friend and attempted to ground him when he didn't understand why people were annoyed.  Johnny didn't even get into Jack's face like a few of the other guys would do when Jack was acting especially dickish, like when he would act uncomfortably friendly with his girlfriend.  

Placing one of his arms around Roslyn's shoulder, he pulls her gently toward him.  He could feel her trembling with beneath him so he thinks, ~It's alright.  Jack's an arsehole!  You were a better friend ta him than the stook [Idiot] deserved.  If ya wanna go kick'em in da shins I'd be more den happy give ya a helping hand.~

"Roslyn has more reason than most ta want ta beat the muppet [Fool] ta drobes [Bits and pieces]," Johnny finally says out loud.  "If we're breaking up inta groups ta deal with both him and Benny then who would like ta go where?  Unless Roslyn has some reason to object, like she thinks the sewers are a fine vacation spot this time of year, [he teases] I think her and I should be on the team that goes after the arsehole."
The professor listens to the students begin to chime in about wanting to help or what to do next.  He suddenly holds up a hand to get their attention and says, "Students!  Students.  I do not want you running off to find Jack or Benjamin.  It is too dangerous.  You safety is of paramount importance and I don't want any of you to be harmed.  Your parents placed you in this Institute to learn how to use your powers.  Not to be running into dangerous situations.  I only brought you here today to keep you informed upon what measures we are taking to locate Jack and Benjamin and to introduce you to the two new students.  Well, we hope John will be a new student.  We still need to work out some details with his guardians. The X-Men will handle locating both Jack and Benjamin.  Do I make myself clear?" 
Gedeon straightens up, giving Trevor a sideways look. "Has he met me? Dangerous situations are...." Looking at the Professor, she shrugs, letting that sentence go. "Alright, boss. You know what we can do. Call me when you need me."

Standing up, she looks at Trevor and Malcolm. "We going?" She thumbs toward the door to the Student Lounge.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon