RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account




$81.68 donated / $385 needed
for site upkeep Jun 2017-2018!

  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5


[IC] A Stolen Land
[[You guys are at a treeline. There's nothing but open fields behind you and most of you are still on horseback.]]
Quote this message in a reply
(02-14-2018, 01:56 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [[You guys are at a treeline.  There's nothing but open fields behind you and most of you are still on horseback.]]

"open fields" - That's good we don't have to watch our back Smile

Tushou doesn't have his own horse (ooc - it's too expensive Smile ). Who has horses and who hasn't? Are they from bandits?
Quote this message in a reply
Valdi reaches out and touches his brother's (Vidar's) shoulder and imparts a War Blessing.
Quote:War Mind (minor): At 1st level, you can touch an ally and grant it a tactical advantage for 1 minute. At the start of its turn each round, it can select one of the following bonuses: +10 feet to base land speed, +1 dodge bonus to AC, +1 insight bonus on attack rolls, or a +1 luck bonus on saving throws. Each bonus selected lasts for 1 round.

Then he dismounts and takes up a position at the rear with his bardiche at the ready. [best place to be with a reach weapon, he can move where he is needed more easily from here.]
Quote this message in a reply
Nexendia wasn't amused by Happs raising his weapon and she was about to tell him of the calamity that would befall him if he did it again when she hears the barks.  While everyone takes up positions she moves herself to the back of the party and whispers, "Armis Magicae!"  Two bands of force suddenly flash into existence, crisscrossing her chest like ghostly bandoleers and then vanish.

[OoC: Mage Armor Spell;  AC +4; Duration: 1 hour]

If she has time for a second action she rythmically waves her hand at the front of the party and suddenly a wall of bears appears in front of the lead character.  They crouch while making snarling faces and then stand on their hind legs to look huge and intimidating.  Nex nods to Eran and says, "Make them sound especially growly!"
Quote this message in a reply
Vidar thanks his brother for the war blessing more confidant that his brother has his back. He then takes his position next to Toushou ready to ward off any wolves.  "I wonder if these fey wish to watch us or help us." He says to no one in particular.

If Nex's bears appear, Vidar will be startled at first but then look back at Nexendia and Eran with a not often seen smirk on his face.
Quote this message in a reply
"Remember these sounds could be mere figments produced by the fey but be ready to strike at any beast that comes within weapon's reach if they do happen to be produced by something real."
Quote this message in a reply
Eran dismounts casts a Heightened Awareness with Arcane Reservoir and then takes his place in middle of the party.

OOC: Eran must to stay close to the front line because he prepared Enlarge Person and Color Spray.
Quote this message in a reply
Nexendia casts her spell, relying on Eran to continue casting the sounds of bears on the prowl. The wolfpack arrives just as the 'Wall of Bears™' appears out of thin air, snarling and roaring like...well, hungry black bears. The pack comes to a halt and all but two react in the way an animal should normally react to seeing the massive wall of hulking muscle and claws: they press their ears down, tails between their legs, and shift backwards, thoroughly unwilling to approach. The other two somehow see through the image and see...a massive wall of muscle and claws in Vidar. But it's just him and one other, and they've got Vidar and Tushou heavily outnumbered. They growl and bark as the pack seems...disjointed. Like they're waiting for something.

Attack: [1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12, Damage: [1d6] = 3
Attack: [1d20+3] = 12+3 = 15, Damage: [1d8+2] = 1+2 = 3

A shot from Andra's shortbow just misses one of the growling wolves, followed by one from Happs, which pierces its flank, resulting in a plaintive whine from the victim. The rest of the pack starts to slowly withdraw from the massive bears that somehow have arrows flying from them with lethal accuracy.

[[Not strictly in combat yet, but you guys have the choice of what to do. If you choose to enter combat with the pack, roll initiative.]]
Quote this message in a reply
[OoC: Don't the wolves have to interact with the illusion or use a standard action to study the illusion before they get a save throw?  The standard action thingy was in an article by WotC called, Rules of the Game: All About Illusions.  ]
Quote this message in a reply
[How do you define “interacting with” an illusion? Is touching it actually a requirement to believing or disbelieving it? I’ve personally Seen some things that I could tell were illusions that others with me could not.]
Quote this message in a reply

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  




Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Forum software by © MyBB - Custom theme © iAndrew 2014 - All Material and Content © artCain, HJCain, and RPGAddicts 2009 - 2015
     
ABOUT US
A gaming group started in late 2005 when several members (from all over the world) came together on a long-running forum website called Plothook.net (formally known as Highmoon.net). Several games transformed from a by-the-book format to highly modified versions that became new hybrid systems with completely custom rules and abilities. Ten years later, these faithful players wanted to secure their work and their stories, becoming the basis of these forums.