RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

[IC] A Stolen Land
Sitting astride his horse as ungracefully as a sack of potartoes, valdi attempts to signal his readiness to leave. An act that causes the horse to dance a few steps sideways confused by the odd tug on the reins, which nearly dumps Valdi from the saddle.
Quote this message in a reply
[[I believe the plan was to journey to the next hex encircling the post, starting with C9, yeah?]]

The weather is worse than yesterday, driving most people with no reason to travel back indoors.  Rain comes in misty sheets, not enough to soak you to your skin, but enough to make you feel quite dreary.  Having explored and charted the area immediately surrounding Oleg's Trading Post, the party seems comfortable enough to travel at normal pace [[50 feet for horses]], and arrives at a fairly dense treeline.  There is an ominous silence from the trees, broken only by the cry of some bird every so often.

[[Shame that Andra isn't here to scout around... Rolleyes]]
(12-28-2017, 09:08 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [[I believe the plan was to journey to the next hex encircling the post, starting with C9, yeah?]]

The weather is worse than yesterday, driving most people with no reason to travel back indoors.  Rain comes in misty sheets, not enough to soak you to your skin, but enough to make you feel quite dreary.  Having explored and charted the area immediately surrounding Oleg's Trading Post, the party seems comfortable enough to travel at normal pace [[50 feet for horses]], and arrives at a fairly dense treeline.  There is an ominous silence from the trees, broken only by the cry of some bird every so often.

[[Shame that Andra isn't here to scout around... Rolleyes]]

Not confident in his ability to use a bow while mounted, Valdi keeps his crossbow loaded and ready, his head on a swivel.
If the party has stopped or slowed its movement to a normal walk in the woods, Vidar dismounts, his boots squishing softly in the wet soil.  As much as he liked his horse, he decided to name it "Skinfaxi" or Shining-Mane in the common tongue, he was no rider.  The name came from one of the stories of the gods Vidar's and Valdi's uncle used to tell them. The two horses Skinfaxi and Hrimfaxi brought daylight and night to the world, Hrimfaxi meant "Frost-Mane."

"Happs, do you know this area?" He asks the bowman as he surveys the woods, reins of Skinfaxi in one hand and his dragon painted shield in the other.  Droplets of rain-water rode down his face, collecting at the red stubble growing on his jaw.
[OoC: Ummm... did Jhod decide to come with us? ]

[OoC2: I think we asked if you were going to DM NPC Andra ]

The rain didn't bother Nex too much.  Her Elven heritage allowed her an appreciation for nature that most other races lacked.  Her frequent use of a cantrip to dry out any leaks in her boots or cloak helped as well.   When they finally come to the forest's edge she will then take a moment to help dry out leaky boots, gloves and cloaks of her companions as well.

Nex considered sending Scarf to scout ahead but she would rather see if there were other options before putting her familiar in possible harms way.
[ooc1: yes, he did.  You currently number at...6 including the NPCs]
[ooc2: Make that 7.  This is going to be a bear to work with, but we will manage, right?]

Happs nods to Vidar as Andra gently dismounts as Vidar had, leaving someone with the reins as she takes a few steps into the treeline.

"This is the Narlmarches.  Forest stretches on for days south and west of here.  Camp's not far, nor is the shrine, but it'd take a few days just to get there."

Andra suddenly freezes, holding a hand up for quiet as she seems to hear something. All any of the rest of you hear is bird's chirping or calling and crickets rasping out their usual tune.
Valdi responds to the raised hand by gripping his crossbow in both hands, readying it to fire.
Nexendia raises her light crossbow and readies to fire at anything that attacks them from the woods.
Andra blinks as she slowly turns to the group, lowering her hand just as slowly. She mouths one word that makes Happs look distinctly uncomfortable: 'Fey'.
"Wheeew, I'm glad Andra's here to negotiate with them," Nex whispers to the group.   Tongue

[OoC: Nex is from the same house as Andra so I we both have the Noble Born(Medvyed) trait that gives us +2 diplomacy,+1 saves vs Fey.  But I do believe her Charisma is higher than mine.

I'm also an elf and I have the the Elven Immunities Racial Trait so that gives her immunity to sleep and a +2 bonus on saves vs enchantment spells and effects.]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon