RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

[IC] A Stolen Land
Vidar thinks a bit.  He was ready to face the kobolds and kill bandits but wiser words were in the air.  Happs then volunteers his information and grabs his items, and Vidar finally sees the path ahead like the rest of the group.  "Aye, the shrine. I will ride ahead with Happs."
Quote this message in a reply
Happs turns and nods to Vidar, having seen the man's capabilities in combat.  He only hoped they would be helpful against...well, whatever the hell was ready to meet them in the direction they would be heading.  "The shrine is in the Narlmarches, about three days travel from here.  If you'd rather, we can continue surveying the  lands in that direction, but if you want to be here when Kressle comes, we probably wouldn't make it."  He glances over at Kesten and his men, shaking his head.  "Not sure they would either."
Valdi pinches the bridge of his nose in obvious consternation.  Nexendia, Eran, and he had just agreed to continue their search outward in a spiral, not go haring off in a direct path to the shrine, when Happ's suddenly admits to knowing where the shrine is, and Vidar responds like he had been part of an entirely separate conversation, with a different decision concluded.

"Okay, so Happs, you do know where the shrine is? We need to know how many days travel away it is. That will affect whether or not we decid to head straight there, or wait until after we know the bandits have been warded off."
Vidar's eyebrows furl at this new information.  "Three days?  Then there is no need to go there.  As Eran said, we go there only if it is close.  It is too far then."  The heavy horse walks off in its own direction and Vidar does his best to keep it still.  Now his back is facing the group.  His efforts to move the horse from the weeds it decided to chew on are wasted so he twist around in his saddle.  "All this talk has made my horse hungry."

Ooc - We are blind without information so I agree some scouting should be done.  If we can kill two birds with one stone then all the better, like scout the path to the kobolds and scout another way back.  I prefer to go take care of the kobold situation because, unless I'm wrong, it's within traveling distance to make it back before more bandits arrive and I would rather turn them to our cause.  I also prefer to take the fight to the bandits.  With that said I am perfectly fine with everyone else's plans as I believe there is no wrong answer and all have good points.  Whether we stay and prep for a fight or scout etc. is fine by me.  I do believe that with Happs with us, we are sitting on a gold mine, and he is not only a guide of the land but also a means to infiltrate the bandit lair.  Just a thought here. We could go to Kressle directly and ask to join up with Happs vouching for us, or dress up like the ones we killed to infiltrate, but the goal is to cut the head off the snake if possible.  Please take any of this as private talk amongst the group between events thus far.
[OoC1: Marching Order?

Narrow Path (Single File)
Happs
Vidar
Tushou
Jhod
Nex
Eran
Valdi
Andra
Or

Wide Path (Side by Side)
Happs/ Vidar
Tushou/ Jhod
Nex/ Eran
Valdi/ Andra

Sleep
8pm-11pm (Haps/ Vidar)
11pm-2am (Tushou/ Jhod)
2am-5am (Valdi/ Andra)
5am-8am (Nex/ Eran) (But really everyone else can be awake at this time because they only need 6 hours sleep.  It's just Nex and Eran who need at least 8 hours of sleep.  Between 8pm and 5am gives them 9hours.  This covers an additional 1 hour sleep extra they need each time they are woken up for once in the night for combat.  If woken up more than once then they will need to sleep longer. In the morning they can keep watch if people are out hunting.)

Does this all sound alright?]

[OoC2:  If we are not going to do the shrine right now then it's unlikely that Jhod will risk his life scouting for Kobolds.  But maybe he's the adventuring type and is ok with offering his services as payment for us helping him.  Also, since Andra's player hasn't appeared yet, should Andra stay behind to help guard the fort?  It's one less person for the DM to control.]

"I am alright with scouting for the Kobolds.  But lets remember that if something happens to us while converting/fighting the Kobolds then there's no one to help defend the fort.  If everyone is willing to take that risk then we should leave post haste."

[OoC3: Regarding Happ's usefulness:  Happs is only really dependable if he is charmed.  Otherwise I don't think we can really 100% trust him after just a couple days of knowing the man who was (or more like still is) friends with the bandits including the bandits that we killed while defending the outpost.  He could still want revenge for his fallen comrades.  Everything Nex is saying is obviously only being shared only with the PC's.]
(12-15-2017, 05:09 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [OoC1: Marching Order?

Narrow Path (Single File)
Happs
Vidar
Tushou
Jhod
Nex
Eran
Valdi
Andra
Or

Wide Path (Side by Side)
Happs/ Vidar
Tushou/ Jhod
Nex/ Eran
Valdi/ Andra

Sleep
8pm-11pm (Haps/ Vidar)
11pm-2am (Tushou/ Jhod)
2am-5am (Valdi/ Andra)
5am-8am (Nex/ Eran) (But really everyone else can be awake at this time because they only need 6 hours sleep.  It's just Nex and Eran who need at least 8 hours of sleep.  Between 8pm and 5am gives them 9hours.  This covers an additional 1 hour sleep extra they need each time they are woken up for once in the night for combat.  If woken up more than once then they will need to sleep longer. In the morning they can keep watch if people are out hunting.)

Does this all sound alright?]

[OoC1 - Marching order seems fine. Sleep order I need to be awake at dawn as that is my time to pray for spells.]

(12-15-2017, 05:09 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [OoC2:  If we are not going to do the shrine right now then it's unlikely that Jhod will risk his life scouting for Kobolds.  But maybe he's the adventuring type and is ok with offering his services as payment for us helping him.  Also, since Andra's player hasn't appeared yet, should Andra stay behind to help guard the fort?  It's one less person for the DM to control.]

"I am alright with scouting for the Kobolds.  But lets remember that if something happens to us while converting/fighting the Kobolds then there's no one to help defend the fort.  If everyone is willing to take that risk then we should leave post haste."

[OoC3: Regarding Happ's usefulness:  Happs is only really dependable if he is charmed.  Otherwise I don't think we can really 100% trust him after just a couple days of knowing the man who was (or more like still is) friends with the bandits including the bandits that we killed while defending the outpost.  He could still want revenge for his fallen comrades.  Everything Nex is saying is obviously only being shared only with the PC's.]

[OoC2 Same opinion. Andra does not need to be actively DMPC'd unless Dougfan wants to.. Her player has been inactive for awhile on most threads. Happs we cannot trust to keave behind, he uis best keptwhere we can watch him, use him, and he can earn our trust.]
Quote:[OoC1 - Marching order seems fine. Sleep order I need to be awake at dawn as that is my time to pray for spells.]

[OoC: Dawn changes depending upon the time of year.  But between 8pm and 2pm is your sleep time which is 6 hours.  That's all you need to get back your slots.  That leaves you awake from 5am to 8am to pray for an hour at dawn.

A Refresher for everyone (especially myself)...
Quote:A divine spellcaster selects and prepares spells ahead of time through prayer and meditation at a particular time of day. The time required to prepare spells is the same as it is for a wizard (1 hour), as is the requirement for a relatively peaceful environment. When preparing spells for the day, a divine spellcaster can leave some of her spell slots open. Later during that day, she can repeat the preparation process as often as she likes. During these extra sessions of preparation, she can fill these unused spell slots. She cannot, however, abandon a previously prepared spell to replace it with another one or fill a slot that is empty because she has cast a spell in the meantime. Like the first session of the day, this preparation takes at least 15 minutes, and it takes longer if she prepares more than one-quarter of his spells.

Wizards need 8 hours rest...

Quote:After resting, a wizard must study his spellbook to prepare any spells that day. If he wants to prepare all his spells, the process takes 1 hour. Preparing some smaller portion of his daily capacity takes a proportionally smaller amount of time, but always at least 15 minutes, the minimum time required to achieve the proper mental state.

When preparing spells for the day, a wizard can leave some of these spell slots open. Later during that day, he can repeat the preparation process as often as he likes, time and circumstances permitting. During these extra sessions of preparation, the wizard can fill these unused spell slots. He cannot, however, abandon a previously prepared spell to replace it with another one or fill a slot that is empty because he has cast a spell in the meantime. That sort of preparation requires a mind fresh from rest. Like the first session of the day, this preparation takes at least 15 minutes, and it takes longer if the wizard prepares more than one-quarter of his spells.

Sorcerers/Bards need 8 hours sleep plus 15 min concentrating.

Quote:Each day, sorcerers and bards must focus their minds on the task of casting their spells. A sorcerer or bard needs 8 hours of rest (just like a wizard), after which she spends 15 minutes concentrating. (A bard must sing, recite, or play an instrument of some kind while concentrating.) During this period, the sorcerer or bard readies her mind to cast her daily allotment of spells. Without such a period to refresh herself, the character does not regain the spell slots she used up the day before.
(12-15-2017, 02:39 AM)Vidar the Red Wrote: Ooc - We are blind without information so I agree some scouting should be done.  If we can kill two birds with one stone then all the better, like scout the path to the kobolds and scout another way back.  I prefer to go take care of the kobold situation because, unless I'm wrong, it's within traveling distance to make it back before more bandits arrive and I would rather turn them to our cause.  I also prefer to take the fight to the bandits. 

I agree.
[[You know...Talking strategy is a fantastic idea for the Out Of Charges thread Smile]]
Finally deciding upon a course of action, Nexendia looks at Jhod and says, "We will be scouting close to the fort.  You may stay here or come with us on the chance we may -- though doubtful -- find the shrine.  Once our business with the bandits has been settled, we will do our best to assist you.  Even if we don't find the shrine within the time we wait for the bandits, this shrine sounds like its has been there for a while, it should be safe for a little while longer.  Do you wish to say here or come with us?"

Once Jhod has made his decision, Nex will prepare to leave.  If Jhod wishes to stay, Nex will be sure to privately remind the guards that we don't know who Jhod is so they should keep an eye on him.  If he decides to come with the group, Nexendia will welcome him to the party.  After dealing with Jhod's decision, Nex will make sure everyone is well provisioned with food, water and feed and then finally leave with the group.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon