RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

[IC] A Stolen Land
[OoC: Wizards can cast their memorized cantrips an unlimited number of times in Pathfinder.  So she can flavor and clean the whole lot of boar meat!  So at the moment she can cast Detect Magic, Mage Hand and Prestidigitation any time she wants. ]

Nex nods and begin by casting Detect Magic and scans the area all around them including the boars.  It was a long shot but who knows, maybe one of the boars swallowed something.  Once she is certain there is no magical auras lurking about, she begins casting prestidigitation on the boar meat to salt, flavor, clean and dry the flesh.
Quote this message in a reply
There is, apparently, nothing magical about oversized pigs. The aroma of freshly-jerkied pork, on the other hand...
[OoC and there is teamwork.. enough salted pork to stagger our horses... we will be eating bacon for weeks]
[[Are we waiting on me? Shall we progress the day or do you have anything else that needs to be done? By the way, the Prestidigitation idea was great, but it only affects 1 pound or a 1-foot cube per casting. That's almost 1000 castings, each taking 6 seconds, so 6000 seconds or 100 minutes. If Nex wants to stay up an hour and a half curing pork...that's fine by me, but are you sure that's what you want her to do? Tongue]]
(09-17-2017, 04:27 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [[Are we waiting on me? Shall we progress the day or do you have anything else that needs to be done? By the way, the Prestidigitation idea was great, but it only affects 1 pound or a 1-foot cube per casting. That's almost 1000 castings, each taking 6 seconds, so 6000 seconds or 100 minutes. If Nex wants to stay up an hour and a half curing pork...that's fine by me, but are you sure that's what you want her to do? Tongue]]
(09-17-2017, 04:27 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [[Are we waiting on me?  Shall we progress the day or do you have anything else that needs to be done?  By the way, the Prestidigitation idea was great, but it only affects 1 pound or a 1-foot cube per casting.  That's almost 1000 castings, each taking 6 seconds, so 6000 seconds or 100 minutes.  If Nex wants to stay up an hour and a half curing pork...that's fine by me, but are you sure that's what you want her to do? Tongue]]

[OoC:  I thought we were camping here.  So depending upon what time of day it is when they start working on the boar meat and as long as she has at least 8 hours of sleep plus up to an hour to memorize, she will spend whatever time she has left salting the meat.  Valdi also said we were only going to take the best cuts of meat so the amount would be decided by him.]

[OoC2:  What are we going to do with Vidar?  Since they are brothers, maybe Valdi, if he felt up to it could take him over.  I know as a DM I hate DMing a lot of NPCs, especially in combat.  Or maybe DM Dougfan if fine with it and if that's the case then ignore this part of my post.  Tongue ]

After complete however much salting of the boar meat that Nex has time for, she settles in for the night.  She lays on her back with Scarf curled up in her cleavage.  Taking comfort in the soothing sound of her heart thumping in her chest.  

[OoC3: I can't remember what watches we were taking.  I doubt we would have Happs take a watch by himself.]

In the morning, Nexendia will curl up with her spell book and rememorize her silent image while Scarf chews on tiny scraps of boar.  She will then eat some of her rations while waiting for the others to finish their morning rituals.
OoC - From my side we could go forward.
[OoC it looks like my last post messed up and I did not notice it sorry]

[ooC it will take the three 'butchers' some time to get the meat removed from the boars carcasses, far more than 6 seconds per pound. Even if we take 2 hours to butcher rthe boars for their meet, Nexendia could probably easily keep pace. The question is if we plan on spending two hours?]
[[Also remember how close you guys are, relatively speaking, to the trading post. You can probably push yourselves and then drag it all back there to spend a day or something recovering.]]
[OoC oh d'uh, great idea]

"We should maybe get this pork back to the trading post. Oleg would probably be grateful to purchase a large quantity of the meat from us, and could sell it before it spoiled. Salted pork would also build his winter stores quite well."

[OoC2 and gives Vidar's character an out if we leave him at the trading post to handle the butchering and head back out.]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon