RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Out of Charges (OOC thread)
As we are fighting 4, I imagine, very tough razorback boars I was thinking about Vidar's very formidable Intimidate skill. I am curious to see what everyone thinks of him using the skill in lieu of attacking or even if the boars could be intimidated? I think animals can be intimidated. On a personal note, I do not believe animals can be coerced into friendly actions on an intimidate check, only be demoralized per the rules. If they could be intimidated into friendly actions then not attacking would be about as friendly as one could expect from an animal. If they can be intimidated, is it worth while or should he just attack?
Quote this message in a reply
Wow  Intimdate doesn't say https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/intimidate/     whereas Diplomacy skill does explicitly say
Quote:You cannot use Diplomacy against a creature that does not understand you or has an Intelligence of 3 or less. 

So total DM call.
My two-cents is, I don't see any reason why an animal can't be intimidated.  There is a Feat called, Intimidate Animals (Combat).

Quote:Intimidate Animals (Combat)

You are skilled at intimidating animals with your bluster and fury.
Prerequisites: Greater Wild Empathy, Intimidate 5 ranks, Knowledge (nature) 5 ranks, wild empathy class feature.
Benefit: You add your Wisdom modifier on Intimidate checks against animals in addition to your Charisma modifier. an animal with 4 or fewer Hit Dice is frightened instead of shaken on a successful Intimidate check to demoralize it.

Perhaps there should be a penalty of -2 unless you have ranks in Handle Animal.  There are 3 ways to use Intimidate and each take a different amount of time to use.
Animals can intimidate each other, it's part of how they work, so I don't see why not.
Sorry for not being around, going through RL stuff. Just need to take a break for a little while.
I apologize as well for not updating. Having a job, a class that I’m prepping to finish, and a new baby boy to care for is occupying most of my time. It’s no excuse so I’ll try to get back to it.
You're right.  It's not an excuse because it's perfectly reasonable for you to be a little slow at posting with so much on your plate! As much as I would love the game to speed up (Cuz it has been almost two and a half years and we are still 1st level  Tongue  ) but life always comes first!  So don't sweat it.
Did we ever gain experience points for convincing the Kobolds to help us rather than just killing them?  I've been using the search function and I can't seem to find anything.
Don't recall that I did, but take 65xp apiece.  They weren't much of a danger to you anyway and would have succumbed quickly if you'd decided to use the pointy way.

Ya know...speaking of searching through the logs...I don't believe Happs has missed a single shot since you agreed to let him not only live but join your travels.
(12-04-2018, 03:10 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: Don't recall that I did, but take 65xp apiece.  They weren't much of a danger to you anyway and would have succumbed quickly if you'd decided to use the pointy way.

Ya know...speaking of searching through the logs...I don't believe Happs has missed a single shot since you agreed to let him not only live but join your travels.

Thanks!   Shy

Happs knows if he misses there are two very large vikings ready to explain to him how failure isn't an option.   Angry  Tongue

But ya, I noticed that too.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon