RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie)
"Do you remember saving a small freighter from Imperial Tie fighters?  That was my ship.  You didn't have to help me but you did, and as soon I could, I tracked you down to here.  We really don't have much time."  He looks at Shunna imploringly then around at all the slaves.  "My ship isn't big enough for them, and I won't lie but our chances of surviving this escape are slim."  In a much louder voice Captain Sunt addresses the crowd of freed slaves.  "I have weapons on board my ship, you're welcome to them if you are willing to fight for your freedom.  There comes a time when we must resist oppression and defend each other.  Sometimes that means fighting back even if that is the last thing we would ever do."

There is a general murmur of approval from the Captain's words and it is easy to understand why, considering all that they have been through.
Quote this message in a reply
Shunna tilts her head slightly in disbelief.  

"I appreciate you risking your life coming here to rescue me but do you really believe I can just hop onto your ship while leaving all the slaves behind to fend for themselves?  I promised a child that I would keep her [was the child a her?  Huh ] safe.  We need to come up with a better plan than just toss them some weapons and then flying off into the sunset.  If you will excuse me for 1 minute..."

[OoC: Shunna will take 10 on her UTF checks to use Mind Trick and then Force Focus to return Mind Trick, until all the guards have been Mind Tricked to forget about any force powers they witnessed and anything strange (like flying tables) they have seen in the last 24 hours.  If each round is 6 seconds and it takes 2 rounds to use and get back mind trick, that is 12 seconds.  Multiply that by the number of guards that are left (4 or 5?) for a total of 48 to 60 seconds. ]
[I should point out that there are security cameras here and that you most likely have been recorded or someone has seen you use Force powers and draw a lightsaber.  I don't mean this to sound unfair but someone will be looking for you now.     The child was a her.  The ship isn't capable of taking all the slaves, don't forget there's another group working in the mines as we speak.  The cells were being hot seated.]

The Captain grows antsy.  "We really don't have the time for this, there could be more guards on their way or worse.  There are bigger forces at work here.  We can discuss it on the way out."
[OoC: Anyone can use a Lightsaber.  There were even some Storm Troopers who were taught how to properly use one.  Even though Lightsabers are against the law, Shunna didn't even swing it.  She used her Move Object from hiding so that could have been anyone.  And IF the cameras had audio as well, they would just hear Shunna telling them to Surrender or the Gun was going to explode.  

I didn't think this place had top of the line video security because we were able to escape our cells then gather outside the door without alerting anyone.  We both were surprised when they were bring the Talz in throw him in a cell.  It seemed like there was one inept guard who Shunna took out who was watching the cameras.  Even on the Deathstar they didn't have a camera to know that Han Solo was lying to them about who he was until Han messed up his bluff check and just shot the computers.   Tongue   Which Shunna plans to destroy on her way out.]

"Which way do you plan to escape.  Through the hole you made or through the lift these guards came through?"
(06-22-2016, 04:05 AM)DM Nerdred Wrote: The Zabrak smirks at your response to his offer and leaves you alone.

You feel the Force flow through you and into the young girl.  Her wounds are healed and she turns around to face you.  She dries her eyes on a dusty sleeve then her eyes meet yours, and you can tell for the briefest of moments she felt safe. "Thanks." She wraps her arms around your waste for a quick hug then retreats back to her corner of the cell near her parents calls.  "I'm fine Mom and Dad, don't worry."

Shunna takes a few minutes to sense her surroundings.  She learns that there is still only the one guard patrolling the cells, he is carrying a com-link probably to check in periodically or call for help.  Her cell is approx. in the middle of a long row of cells.  With about 9 prisoners per cell, there easily 100 prisoners with another 100 now working in the mines.  The whole prison cell/cafeteria area is about 80 meters long by 25 meters wide.  Using the lifts from the mines as a reference point you consider that the South end.  At the North end is another set of doors and you sense two guards on the other side.  You do not sense any other hidden guards.

"Oh yeah, you've got a better plan?  What's that leave in a body bag from getting whipped to death?"  The Zabrak smirks at his own jest.  "That kid's what's called a liability.  He stays here." 

Out of nowhere the Bothan speaks in a low whisper.  "Shhh, keep quiet."  He creeps to the cell bars and looks both ways then turns to Shunna.  He begins talking again in the same low tone. "If you're planning an escape, count me in.  I know others that may help too.  You should know that those doors opposite the lifts can only be opened from the other side but all the doors are guarded and there are security cameras watching them."
["Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things."  Tongue  I just love the emperor's lines. 

I quoted this because you make excellent points and the security is not that great but effective enough for non-Jedi. While reading this, the Bothan does say the cameras are specifically on the doors so I was incorrect in saying Shunna was caught on camera.  I concede that.  The approximately two minutes it will take to mind-trick all the guards won't break the game, but in combat that 2 minutes is a lot.  Is Shunna going to mind-trick all the slaves?  If not can you really trust all of them to keep her secret.  Whether they know or can prove she is a Jedi doesn't matter as long as they believe it.]

"My ship is that way" The Captain says. Pointing to the way he came from. 

While the two talk about what to do the freed slaves begin collecting up the 10 blasters from the guards and the heavy repeating blaster.
(04-12-2017, 08:13 PM)DM Nerdred Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 04:05 AM)DM Nerdred Wrote: The Zabrak smirks at your response to his offer and leaves you alone.

You feel the Force flow through you and into the young girl.  Her wounds are healed and she turns around to face you.  She dries her eyes on a dusty sleeve then her eyes meet yours, and you can tell for the briefest of moments she felt safe. "Thanks." She wraps her arms around your waste for a quick hug then retreats back to her corner of the cell near her parents calls.  "I'm fine Mom and Dad, don't worry."

Shunna takes a few minutes to sense her surroundings.  She learns that there is still only the one guard patrolling the cells, he is carrying a com-link probably to check in periodically or call for help.  Her cell is approx. in the middle of a long row of cells.  With about 9 prisoners per cell, there easily 100 prisoners with another 100 now working in the mines.  The whole prison cell/cafeteria area is about 80 meters long by 25 meters wide.  Using the lifts from the mines as a reference point you consider that the South end.  At the North end is another set of doors and you sense two guards on the other side.  You do not sense any other hidden guards.

"Oh yeah, you've got a better plan?  What's that leave in a body bag from getting whipped to death?"  The Zabrak smirks at his own jest.  "That kid's what's called a liability.  He stays here." 

Out of nowhere the Bothan speaks in a low whisper.  "Shhh, keep quiet."  He creeps to the cell bars and looks both ways then turns to Shunna.  He begins talking again in the same low tone. "If you're planning an escape, count me in.  I know others that may help too.  You should know that those doors opposite the lifts can only be opened from the other side but all the doors are guarded and there are security cameras watching them."
["Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things."  Tongue  I just love the emperor's lines. 

I quoted this because you make excellent points and the security is not that great but effective enough for non-Jedi. While reading this, the Bothan does say the cameras are specifically on the doors so I was incorrect in saying Shunna was caught on camera.  I concede that.  The approximately two minutes it will take to mind-trick all the guards won't break the game, but in combat that 2 minutes is a lot.  Is Shunna going to mind-trick all the slaves?  If not can you really trust all of them to keep her secret.  Whether they know or can prove she is a Jedi doesn't matter as long as they believe it.]

"My ship is that way" The Captain says. Pointing to the way he came from. 

While the two talk about what to do the freed slaves begin collecting up the 10 blasters from the guards and the heavy repeating blaster.

[OoC:  How many slaves would have been watching?  If I were a slave, I don't think I would be curious enough to peek my head out to possibly get shot between the eyes with a blaster rifle.  I'd be hiding my ass as deep in my cell as possible!  For those who were brave (or stupid) enough to peek out to have their face shot off, how much did they actually see?  Most powers have no visible effects or signs of use.]

Shunna will make a point of clumsily using the lightsaber to hack at the elevator controls so it looks like she doesn't know how to use the weapon.  She then starts to move toward the other entrance and says to the Captain, "Are their other ships where you docked yours?  If there are, the slaves can follow us out and escape in one of those ships." Before leaving the room she will destroy the camera and any recording equipment in the area.
The comm-link blares with Long's voice.

~"Captain what is your progress? Time is precious, if they get the docking facility re-pressurized and the blast doors closed, our escape will be blocked. You will need air-breather masks to reach teh Wild Card. You will pass a shop called Malarag's Space Supplies on the way out, on a corridor connecting the outer ring to the space dock, stop there and get what they have. Buy them if you have to as you are in a time crunch. There is another stock of air-breathers in Security Station 6, just before you reach the docking facility.  I expect those air-breathers to be in use before you get there by the station security team that will be assaulting the Wild Card."~

The message, despite it's urgency and dire news is said in the matter of fact tone that only mean a droid, as idf Long were reading a shopping list rather than planning for a firefight.

~"Shields are now partially restored. Manning the docking gun now."~
Before Shunna hacks the elevator controls the bothan approaches her with an outstretched hand.  "Wait, don't do that.  There are still more of us down there being worked to death."  He grabs one of the guard's blasters from one of the other slaves standing nearby then glances at the heavy repeating blaster.  "With these we can save them.  We out number them, the slavers won't stand a chance.  They are all cowards anyway.  Thank you for caring, for saving us."

"Roger that Long, we are on our way, just delayed a little.  Keep her engines running, I want to make a quick getaway." The Captain replies to Long.
Seconds later a reply crackles through the comms.

~"Captain, the docking gun is armed and on automatic, please let me know via comms when you are near the facility so i can switch to manual control. I am continuing repairs.."~
Shunna listens to Bothan's plan and then reaches out to the force to, search her feelings. [DC15; Result 26!]  She searches the force to determine if leaving these slaves to defend themselves will yield favorable or unfavorable results in the immediate future (the next 10 minutes.)

[OoC: See Attachment - FYI:  I didn't see any Errata for this talent.]

If the the Force does not warn her of any danger, Shunna will hesitantly nod.  "Please be careful.  And if this day does turn against you and you somehow do get recaptured, I promise to return here and set you all free!  I made a promise to the child and I keep my promises."    Shunna gives the child a hug and says, "Be strong.  You'll be free soon."

While on her way out, she stops and searches for some clothing in the guard's station.  Shunna will then quickly rip it up to make face coverings for herself and others.  She did not know who if anyone had actually seen her use her powers but with the guards mind tricked into forgetting about her;  there were no cameras inside the room where the fight happened; and hoping the slaves listened to her to get into the cells to hide so they didn't stupidly stick their heads out to get shot off, there was hopefully a good chance no one has any real evidence.  If one of the slaves did somehow think she used the force, Shunna hoped they would keep her secret since she pretty much single-handedly defeated the guards so they could escape.

Shunna will then, Search her feelings one more time.  [DC15; Result 15. (That was close)]  If everything still seems favorable she will leave with the others.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon