RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie)
(03-29-2017, 05:35 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC: My sheet is public so I'm not sure what's going on.  What is your name on Mythweavers?  Maybe I can add you that way.

In the meantime I will add some things to my signature for quick reference.  

My Defenses are: Fort 16; Reflex 18; Will 18. ]

You might just have to re-link to your sheet then, since the epic Myth-Weavers crash of 17.  I had to do that for a few of my other characters.
Quote this message in a reply
The guard fires a blaster bolt at shunna and for her time seems to slow down.  She moves with inhuman speed to pluck the bolt of energy out of the air with her left hand while pretending the bolt stuck her in the right shoulder.  

[Use the force: Negate Energy; Time: Reaction; DC = 14 (Damage Dealt); Result: 22!  Success!!; page 99]

[Shunna's Turn...]

[OoC: As a Swift Action Shunna uses a Force point to return her Move object to her Power Suit.
As a Move Action Shunna will pop her lightsaber out and ignite the yellow blade.
As a Standard Action Shunna reaches out with the force an grabs hold of the Guard Leader and throws him into the other guards. Move object UTF Roll = 18; DC = 15 or Will defense whichever is higher; Page 98. 

Question: I can't do it this round because I've already used my Swift action, but I was wondering, if you want to use a Force point to increase your die roll 1d6, do you have to declare you're using the force point before or after you know the results of your roll.  I looked on page 93 and it doesn't say when you have to use the point.  Huh   I could see an argument either way.]
(03-29-2017, 05:42 PM)DM Nerdred Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 05:35 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [OoC: My sheet is public so I'm not sure what's going on.  What is your name on Mythweavers?  Maybe I can add you that way.

In the meantime I will add some things to my signature for quick reference.  

My Defenses are: Fort 16; Reflex 18; Will 18. ]

You might just have to re-link to your sheet then, since the epic Myth-Weavers crash of 17.  I had to do that for a few of my other characters.

[OoC: I will attempt to re-link but the link works fine for me.]
(03-29-2017, 06:28 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: The guard fires a blaster bolt at shunna and for her time seems to slow down.  She moves with inhuman speed to pluck the bolt of energy out of the air with her left hand while pretending the bolt stuck her in the right shoulder.  

[Use the force: Negate Energy; Time: Reaction; DC = 14 (Damage Dealt); Result: 22!  Success!!; page 99]

[Shunna's Turn...]

[OoC: As a Swift Action Shunna uses a Force point to return her Move object to her Power Suit.
As a Move Action Shunna will pop her lightsaber out and ignite the yellow blade.
As a Standard Action Shunna reaches out with the force an grabs hold of the Guard Leader and throws him into the other guards. Move object UTF Roll = 18; DC = 15 or Will defense whichever is higher; Page 98. 

Question: I can't do it this round because I've already used my Swift action, but I was wondering, if you want to use a Force point to increase your die roll 1d6, do you have to declare you're using the force point before or after you know the results of your roll.  I looked on page 93 and it doesn't say when you have to use the point.  Huh   I could see an argument either way.]
[OoC: You can declare it after the roll. Force points are rare enough and ,I think, since one of their main mechanics is to alter die rolls why waste if you didn't need it?  Also, I found out so many things have errata'd, like Move Object has a range of 12 instead of 6, and if it deals damage a new UTF roll must be made.  Here we are so lets move on. Wink]

Shunna senses the energy bolt coming and reacts in one fluid motion to absorb it.  Her training has paid off.

In the next instant she holds a lightsaber, it's bright yellow blade reflecting off her sweat stained face.  She reaches out, gripping the leader with the Force, and pulls him out of the lift and crashing into the assistant gunner (guard3) Damage = 7

There is a great swell of awe amongst the slaves that were hiding in their cells, and a sudden sense of fear from the guards when the lightsaber is drawn.  Murmers  of 'Jedi' are called out slowly, then with excitement.

The Talz charges forward and Shoots the guard to the left but he still lives.  

The guards run for the lift without firing even bothering to shoot back.  The guard captain and the guard he was thrown into separate from each other, both crawling on the floor to get away.  The captain turns around to face Shunna, "Please, don't hurt me! I surrender, I surrender." He grovels.

In the back of the cavernous prison hall more blaster fire is heard...
Quote:Also, I found out so many things have errata'd, like Move Object has a range of 12 instead of 6, and if it deals damage a new UTF roll must be made.  

[OoC:  What is the new UTF roll for?]

[Free Action] She points her lightsaber at the Captain and says, "You have lost!  You will immediately order your men to stop and give themselves up!"  She takes a step closer so the captain can feel the heat from her saber and then adds, "Now!"

[Full Round Action][UTF (Force Focus): [1d20+13]; Target DC 15; Result 20!  SUCCESS!; As a full round action make a DC15 UTF check.  If the check succeeds you may regain one spent Force Power of your choice.  My choice is, Mind Trick.]
(04-03-2017, 05:49 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [Free Action] She points her lightsaber at the Captain and says, "You have lost!  You will immediately order your men to stop and give themselves up!"  She takes a step closer so the captain can feel the heat from her saber and then adds, "Now!"
[Regained Mind-Trick]

While Shunna regains her Force Power she lets the promise of her lightsaber reinforce her demand.  The silence is heavy and overwhelming for the guard captain and he caves in like the coward he is.  "Everyone, lay down your weapons, I order you!" He yells at his retreating guards.  With only the slightest bit of reluctance the guards place their blasters on the ground slowly.  "You won't let them hurt us will you? The slaves, they will kill us!"  

Dirty, bruised, and beaten slaves now liberated step from their filthy prison cells.  They slowly gather around Shunna Maza and the towering Talz, all facing their former captors and tormentors.  From behind her, the slaves begin to separate as another group approaches the scene.  A four armed Besalisk, a Zeltron armed to the teeth, and a Twilek step out, clearly not one of the many slaves.  "That's her.. She's the one." Says the Besalisk with a smile on his face.  He activates a comm link, "Long, we found our pilot.  Get ready to receive us." He orders.  "How's my ship?" He adds with genuine concern.
The comm-link crackles in response then a male droid voice responds mechanically through the speaker.

~"Captain, the docking facilities are currently a vacuum exposed to space. I will search for where you can locate the nearest stock of air breathers. There should be a store outside the entrance to the docking facility for fire suppression teams in emergencies. How many passengers should I expect?"~

~"The Wild Card is much improved, we do not have shield capabilities yet, but I should be able to have those operational before we face pursuit. The Bothan's condition is unchanged, she is still resting in your quarters."~
(04-04-2017, 02:41 PM)DM Nerdred Wrote: While Shunna regains her Force Power she lets the promise of her lightsaber reinforce her demand.  The silence is heavy and overwhelming for the guard captain and he caves in like the coward he is.  "Everyone, lay down your weapons, I order you!" He yells at his retreating guards.  With only the slightest bit of reluctance the guards place their blasters on the ground slowly.  "You won't let them hurt us will you? The slaves, they will kill us!"  

"I am not a judge, nor am I an executioner," Shunna replies to the Captain.  "Be on your best behavior and you will survive this day."  

DM Nerdred Wrote:Dirty, bruised, and beaten slaves now liberated step from their filthy prison cells.  They slowly gather around Shunna Maza and the towering Talz, all facing their former captors and tormentors.  

Looking around at the bruised and beaten slaves, Shunna says firmly, "We have NO time for revenge.  See to the other injured slaves so we can get out of this place as quickly as possible."  Shunna then looks at the big furry Talz and says, "Tie the guards up.  I need a few moments with each of them..."

[OoC1: When combat is over and I have a chance to rest for one minute, Shunna will regain all of her Force Powers.]

When she is alone with the Guard Captain...

[OoC2: Mind Trick; UTF: 1d20+13 = Will DC; Result: 31 (likely a success)!!]

"You will never remember any Force Powers or anything remotely strange that happened today!"

DM Nerdred Wrote:From behind her, the slaves begin to separate as another group approaches the scene.  A four armed Besalisk, a Zeltron armed to the teeth, and a Twilek step out, clearly not one of the many slaves.  "That's her.. She's the one." Says the Besalisk with a smile on his face.  He activates a comm link, "Long, we found our pilot.  Get ready to receive us." He orders.  "How's my ship?" He adds with genuine concern.

"Who are you people," Shunna asks suspiciously

[OoC3: Perception (Sense Deception +10); Time: Perception is a reaction to being decieved.]
(04-05-2017, 02:55 AM)MK-L1G "Long Wrote: The comm-link crackles in response then a male droid voice responds mechanically through the speaker.

~"Captain, the docking facilities are currently a vacuum exposed to space. I will search for where you can locate the nearest stock of air breathers. There should be a store outside the entrance to the docking facility for fire suppression teams in emergencies. How many passengers should I expect?"~

~"The Wild Card is much improved, we do not have shield capabilities yet, but I should be able to have those operational before we face pursuit. The Bothan's condition is unchanged, she is still resting in your quarters."~

"Wha.. O..K.." The Captain is clearly flustered as he speaks into the comm link.  "Ok, good job Long.  It is imperative that she lives, I'll explain later."  

Turning to Shunna Maza the Besalisk says, "I'm Captain Sunt, we're here to rescue you.  C'mon we don't have much time.  I have a ship waiting for us but enemies keep popping up out of nowhere here."

Shunna believes the Besalisk is telling the truth.

While the others talk the big Talz wrenches guard arms into their own binders.

With a wave of the hand a few words from Shunna, the guard captain's face becomes dull and he says, "I will never remember any Force powers or anything remotely strange that happened today."
[OoC: Having trouble posting.  Everytime I post, all that posts is the quoted text!]

(04-10-2017, 03:50 PM)DM Nerdred Wrote: "Wha.. O..K.." The Captain is clearly flustered as he speaks into the comm link.  "Ok, good job Long.  It is imperative that she lives, I'll explain later."  

Turning to Shunna Maza the Besalisk says, "I'm Captain Sunt, we're here to rescue you.  C'mon we don't have much time.  I have a ship waiting for us but enemies keep popping up out of nowhere here."

Shunna glances around at the guards that were only moments ago beaten nearly unconscious with a table and who now are tied helplessly together.

"Rescue me?  Perhaps if you were a few seconds sooner."  she says with a hint of amusement.  "Why are you here for me?  I hope your ship is large enough to take all these liberated slaves."

[OoC: Shunna will take 10 to get Mind Trick back.  If she can't...
[Full Round Action][UTF (Force Focus): [1d20+13] Rolled a 10 anyways.  Tongue ; Target DC 15; Result 23!  SUCCESS!; As a full round action make a DC15 UTF check.  If the check succeeds you may regain one spent Force Power of your choice.]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon