RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beginnings and Endings. ~ James only ~
James waves goodbye and after a brief moment of staring at her empty window he goes back to playing the violin. What a magical moment, he thought, of talking to a beautiful girl.
Quote this message in a reply
James finishes his violin practice then hears his mother yell that it's time for bed.  "Alright, I'm going to take a shower first!"  He yells back.  After picking out his Minion pajamas he ventures to the bathroom, removes his glasses, and showers all the while whistling a gay tune that makes him feel special inside.  While whistling beneath the shower he accidentally sucks in some water, his face turning red, he fights back the urge to cough knowing what that might do.  At first his throat felt like it was burning then the sensation began to subside until it actually felt good.  That was odd, James thought.  He sucked down some more water, gurgled it, let it slide down his pipes and was again surprised that he was not drowning.  Fascinating, he thought.  Done with the shower, James dried off and finished his bed-time routine.  He left the sink running, filling up, then sticks his hole face in.  At first he holds his breath until it becomes too much then forces himself to suck in the water and to his surprise he breathes normally.  "Blurgh I can blurg breath water! Blurgh." He says with his face in the sink.  Better not tell Mom and Dad.
[OoC: Thank you for continuing to find something to post about while I was away being sick.  Bonus Karma for you.  Big Grin]

You hear your mom urgently knock on the door and say, "James, are you alright?  I hear gurgling coming from in there.  Answer me James.  If you don't answer I'm going to open the door.  Ok, James, you're making me open the door.  James, I'm now turning the handle.  James..."
"No! I'm fine! All done Mom." He tries to say but instead spews water out like a fire hydrant all over the floor and down his pajamas. He starts coughing up more and more but this time aims for the tub. "I'm okay Mom! Not dressed! Don't come in!" His face is red now as he urgently fights back a coughing fit and his lungs get used to air again. He looks down at his clothes, they're all wet.
Your mother's worried cries are suddenly replaced by a yelp.  "Holy Christmas!  That was a close one," your mom exclaims.  "The weather forecast didn't say anything about lightning!"  You hear her move away from the door.  Her voice sounds a little fainter now as you hear her say, "There's a commotion going on outside.  I see a bunch of teenagers out front.  It looks serious.  Maybe I should call 911!"
Ooc - Assuming James heard the same thunderclap

Startled by the sudden noise James opens the door to the bathroom and feels relieved that his mom went away. When she mentions commotion and teenagers he quickly grabs a towel to help dry off his wet clothes and rushes downstairs to join his nosy mother and looks out the front window.

Ooc - what's the temperature outside, he might catch a cold and start sneezing uncontrollably, deadly projectile boogers? Big Grin
[OoC: It's Late November and it's raining.  So it's pretty chilly out.  Also, you're mom is still in your room.  She walked away from the door to look out your front window.  She can see Jack standing in front of Lisa's house and three teenagers hovering in the air.  Confused   The side window was where you were talking to Lisa.  The side window is closest to you or you can join your mother as she stares in disbelief at what is going on.]

"Oh my stars and Garters!  Why are those teenagers floating in the rain?  Oh my!  A young man just zipped away and came back.  He was moving so fast I could hardly see him.  I'm phoning the police right now!"

Your mom grabs the phone and all she hears is a strange whine coming from the receiver.  "What's wrong with the phone?  Did the lightning take it out?"
Ooc - James went to the front window that she was looking out, makes more sense that way.  Did he get there in time to see Jack run like the wind and strike the Predator?  Not that he's allowed to see that movie.

"Whoa," James says to no one in particular.  Three teens hovering in the air, and not in a comic, was pretty cool.  When his mom goes to call the police he yells, "Good idea mom." He continues to watch the show from the window.

(06-27-2016, 07:21 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: Your mom grabs the phone and all she hears is a strange whine coming from the receiver.  "What's wrong with the phone?  Did the lightning take it out?"

"We should get in the basement or find somewhere to hide mom."  He yells after his mom then goes to get her.  He slips on a pair of slippers and grabs his gray overcoat from his closet before leaving the bedroom.

Ooc - if he saw the attack on the "predator" then he will try to get his mom in the basement and lock her in to keep her safe. Does James think these teens are mutants like him? If so he is motivated by curiosity and protective instincts to investigate this group of teens. Also, after talking with Lisa he feels slightly obligated to make sure she's safe too. Does that make sense?
[OoC: sounds good.]

James just gets to the window in time to see a young man running at blurring speeds smash into something but what the guy hit, James didn't have a clue!  [Intuition check of 24; White result.  You needed a Yellow to see it in the rain.  Red normally.]  But with the way his speed was suddenly halted for a moment, he certainly hit something.  There was even a spray of water that came off of whatever he hit!  

You have never known anyone to be like you but they are all teens with super powers so it seems likely that you might have found some kindred spirits.  

You tell your mom that you both should go into the basement but she replies, "What about your father?  Where is he?"  She runs downstairs yelling for your father.  She gets to the kitchen and her face blanches when she notices the back door open.  "Oh my stars and garters!  Your father must be outside!"  You then notice the empty garbage pail.  He must have taken out the garbage.  'Of course,' you think to yourself.  'The first time he doesn't ask you to take it out is the night there's a super powered battle royal happening in the street in front of your neighbors house!  Typical.  Juuuuust Typical!'
" I'll get Dad, I have my coat on and it's raining, you should wait inside and lock the door. I'll be right back with Dad." Ooc- if she agrees to wait by the door then James will go out to find Dad, if not he will continue to urge her to stay inside and go into the basement.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon