Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beginnings and Endings. ~ James only ~
Video 
November 27
7:30pm
Open to everyone
Currently open to James only

With the sun setting at around 4:30pm, it's light has vanished under the horizon.  A cold rain falls on a Manhattan suburb where Lisa sits locked in her room crying into a pillow.  Ever since Jack showed up in her life, her father and her have been at odds.  He didn't like the kid.  He thought Jack was going no where in his life, was clueless and too old for his daughter.  Not only that, but he went to some special school for gifted youngsters.  As far as her father was concerned, the only gift Jack had was to annoy everyone in a 10 mile radius.  Jack never made it any easier.  He was clingy and always expecting her to text him back every 2 minutes.  Lisa's friends thought he was a little controlling or obsessive.  She just laughed it off but lately it was starting to become a problem.  Her dad was noticing all the texts and getting more and more angry.  But Jack wouldn't chill out.  It was getting to the point where she thought she might have to break up with him just so she could keep the peace with her family.  It wasn't something she wanted to do but since he wouldn't listen to her, she didn't have much choice.  Lisa still had a few years where she still had to live with her parents and the arguments were starting to get worse. 

Curled up on her bed, Lisa didn't notice that someone had also noticed all the fighting.  James has been visiting home for Thanksgiving.  His mother had shipped him off to boarding school but would never let him miss a big home cooked meal.  He of course had to take his Benadryl to help keep him from sneezing.  The last time he had a cold his sneeze blew half the house down.  A few days ago he heard yelling so loud he thought that maybe someone was fighting with his mom downstairs.  But it turned out it was coming from next door.  The pretty girl, James thinks is named Lisa, was having a bad argument with her father about some guy.  Each day it seemed to get worse and Lisa seemed to become a little more hysterical.  He wished there was something he could do, but what?
Quote this message in a reply
Seeing the girl curled up and crying in her bed from his bedroom window, James thought about getting his mother for help. The thought of getting his overprotective mother involved in the neighbor's fights soon vanished from his thoughts. She would only make things worse. She'd probably send him to counseling classes for overhearing their arguments. Instead, since there was a lull in the fighting,James opens his window in the hopes the pretty girl would notice him and want to talk. Seeing her lying there in tears made him wish he could do something for her. After pacing his room for a minute, letting go of various thoughts of calling her house, calling the police, or knocking on the door, he grabs his violin. He brings it to his chin and raises the bow, for a moment he second guesses himself, then without thinking starts playing Vaughan Williams "The Lark Ascending" letting the notes echo through the air to her window...
James was doing his best to play the music he was learning in school.  It wasn't half bad and you could actual make out what he was playing.  At first the girl was too wrapped up in her own misery to notice his playing.  She just sat on her bed with her arms wrapped around her knees with her head down.  But eventually the music reaches her ears causing her to twist her head toward the window to peer out into the night.  She wondered where the noise was coming from so she wiped her eyes, then crawled off her bed and looks through her window to the street outside.

[OoC: I'm not sure if you are standing/ sitting near your window so she could see you or not.]
Ooc - He was standing in front of the window so the music/noise could be heard better and she would see him if she got up and looked.
Lisa looks down at the street but then her eyes are drawn to the young man playing the violin in his window.  'It sounds nice,' she thinks to herself.  She didn't really suspect that he was playing for her.  He probably was just getting some practicing in over the long Thanksgiving weekend.  Lisa wonders for a moment whether she should close her curtains but gives him a friendly wave instead.
James stops and smiles at her giving an awkward wave back, still holding the bow. "Hello, I'm sorry, did my playing bother you?" He asks, delighted he got noticed.
(04-10-2016, 02:01 PM)James Carter Wrote: James stops and smiles at her giving an awkward wave back, still holding the bow. "Hello, I'm sorry, did my playing bother you?" He asks, delighted he got noticed.

Lisa waves back and watches him talk behind her window.  She gives him an awkward smile while pointing at the window.  Then she disappears from sight to make sure her door is locked.  She didn't want her dad catching her talking to the door next door, no matter how innocent the conversation.  Lisa then reappears, unlocks her window, then pushes it open.

After James restates his question, Lisa smiles and whispers loudly, "No.  You were pretty good.  It was nice to get my mind off stuff.  Are you just here for the holidays?
James, still in disbelief he's actually talking to a beautiful girl, blushes as his mind wanders through all the glorious possibilities of where this moment could lead him.  That brief second of thought felt like an eternity and he stammers a little.  

"Me,g-good? Thanks.  I do practice a lot, not much else to do with my Mom around.  But yeah, I'm just here for the holidays then I have to go back to school... I..uhh...couldn't help noticing...that...uhh..umm..that."  James can't find the right words to address the fighting he over heard so he tries to talk around it. "Why are you whispering?"
"Because my father is really strict," she replies with a loud whisper that barely carries over the sound of the gentle rain to Jame's window.  "Why do they send you away to school?  Are you one of those gifted kid with a huge brain?"
"Me, gifted, I wish!" James blushes a bit.  "No, it's more complicated than that. I guess you could say it was more my dad's decision. But if you think your father is strict you should meet my Mother! If she new we were talking right now she'd probably run criminal background checks on you as we speak."  James smirks at the idea.  "Are you in trouble are something or is he always hovering over you?"  He ventures to dig deeper in Lisa's problems.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon