RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Swimming Pool! [Open everyone] + Malcolm
(08-23-2016, 05:03 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: The only person the fog/steam is blurring is Porsche.  The other person you can see is a pretty girl with long blonde hair.  There are two other people who are camouflaged which you need to make yellow intuition checks (Because you are unaware of them, you may not use Karma.).  Porsche will also need to make a power check to keep her steam from momentarily being blown away under the Remarkable strength winds.

RE Hyper-breath:  As I have stated before, I use the Ultimate Powers book (UPB) and Player's book together to determine what a power can do.  Many times the UPB never mentions power stunts like the Player's Book will which can cause some confusion.  That website (Classic Marvel) is another DM's idea of what works for his campaign which while I think he has done some great work, I don't agree 100% with all his ideas.  The Hyper breath he describes is just very basic information and never mentions power stunts at all.  But in my game this is how I deal with powers:  generally, every power has a basic effect and all additional effects are power stunts.  So in the case of Hyper-Breath the basic effect is Power Rank winds that can effect 10% of the rank number in areas.  The cold and heat effects will be power stunts.  You have to learn how to create hot and cold super breath to do damage.  Right now you just blow them into objects to cause damage.  Much like the basic form of telekinesis is to just try to hit people with objects.  Later TK users can create blasts and force fields.

There is another thing I thought I should mention.  Hyper breath was created by that DM for his game.  The real power is called Hyper intake/Expulsion.  You may want to take that power instead.  The notable difference is instead of developing hot an cold breath, you actually intake matter (not only air but liquids and solids) and then expel them later.  So you could be drowning in a swimming pool and you use the power to intake all the water in the pool.  Or if you're at the beach, you could intake sand and then create a sandstorm by suddenly expelling it.

I copy and pasted the power below from it's original source, The Ultimate Addenda's Addenda, in Dragon Magazine #134.  Note that I don't agree with rolling randomly for what types of matter you can intake/expulsion.  I don't think it's fair someone can take the same power and use the same amount of character points but one rolls poorly and ends up with only gases while the other person rolls awesome and gets to intake everything.  So unless you use CP's to start off with more than one type of matter, you would start with one and all others will be available with power stunts. 

P18 - Hyper-Intake/Expulsion: This power was in my original UPB proposal, yet not only did I forget to put this in the UPB, I also forgot to put it in the original addenda article! This power is usually referred to as "Super Breath" and, while it is technically a Matter Control power, should be listed under the class of Physical Enhancement powers in the UPB. The hero has the ability to ingest awesome amounts of matter, retain them indefinitely, then expel them with power rank force. When creating a hero with this power, the player must decide what the hero can handle. A random die roll determines his chance of having the power to handle gas, liquid, solids, or some combination of these.

ORIGIONAL Die roll Category
01-16 Gases only
17-32 Liquids only
33-48 Solids only
49-64 Gases and liquids
65-80 Liquids and solids
81-00 Gases, solids, and liquids

MY Die Roll Category
01-60 Gas
61-90 Liquid
91-00 Solid

This power enables the hero to absorb quantities far exceeding the normal volume of the human body. He can absorb a volume of gas equal to the power rank number times 100 cubic feet. Liquids and solids are limited to the number of cubic feet equal to the power rank number. A side effect of this power is that the ingested matter is somehow compressed, diminished in size, or displaced into a pocket dimension: this enables the hero to retain his ordinary shape, although his weight does increase a token amount. It is up to the Judge's discretion as to how much weight is gained, with a 1% weight increase being a rule of thumb. Note that a sudden failure of this power can be disastrous! Such catastrophes range from (at best) the sudden expulsion of all ingested matter, retention of the ingested matter with the hero suddenly bearing all of its weight, or the rapid expansion of the ingested matter to its original size (this latter possibility being quite fatal).

Normally, a hero can retain the ingested matter indefinitely. A side effect of the power gives the hero internal invulnerability equal to his power rank, preventing major internal damage due to ingested poisons or physically damaging materials. Solids and liquids can be retained for as long as the hero can go without food; digestion normally stops while this power is in effect. If the gases ingested are toxic, the hero can only retain them for the amount of time he can hold his breath. If the mixture is not toxic and contains a sufficient quantity of oxygen, then the hero can hold his breath indefinitely.

The hero can expel the matter harmlessly or direct it into a blast that has power rank range and damage. He can also do damage by ingesting. For example, by inhaling all the air in a room, he can cause certain events to occur. One, everyone in the room must make an Endurance FEAT or pass out from the sudden absence of air. Two, the room can implode if the pressure difference exceeds the walls' material strength.
To spot hidden opponents Intuition Excellent 16
[url=[1d100] = 11]Intuition Roll[/url]  White -Fail
[url=[1d100] = 62]Intuition Roll[/url] Green - Fail

James is prepared to defend his family and home so he stays on guard with these strangers, no matter how fascinating they and there powers may be.  When the windows of Lisa's house shatter from an ear splitting scream he begins to get really concerned.  This is much bigger than him and his family.  Lisa is in danger too.

Ooc - I like the Hyper Intake/Expulsion power at face but one thing keeps bugging me.  (the fatal clause) I think James could develop power stunts combined with his Lung Adaptability in the future, for fluids at least....  Totally agree with your assessment on powers and power stunts, Can't blame a guy for trying Wink
Quote this message in a reply
[Agility Ex16 + Karma [1d100+5] = 67+5 = 72]

Porsche easily landed on her feet, but her actions threatening James and his father to get inside would be unchanged.
Malcolm reaches out with his mind through the now non-existant front window. Being able to see through his mental 'hand' he grabs the largest piece iof furniture he can opposite Jack from the gaping front window (don't care if it is a table or sofa).

He hurls it full force at Jack, hoping to knock him out the window with it, into the front lawn.

[OoC so the sofa will Charge Static as per the ooC thread the sofa has Ex Endurance - rolling Sofa Charge [1d100] = 82
That looks like a Yellow feat/Slam]
Here are your initiatives again.  Everyone after Static Charge (Jack) may act.

Initiatives:
94  Aurum
93  Porsche
88  Saleem
87  Graffiti
81  Static Charge
69  Johnny Blaire
63  James
51  Katrina
45  Ballista
39  Sebastian
34  Blink
33  Interface
31  Malcolm
11  Gedeon
When the glass explodes from the house Trevor will attempt to catch any glass coming near him or Katrina and Sebastian with his carrier wave.  [I believe he can lift up to 400 pounds.  Between Katrina and Sebastian there is likely close to 100+ pounds of things he can still carry.]  The glass stops in mid air in front of them allow them to fly through the shards unharmed.  Deciding they no longer need to sneak into the house via the top floor, he flies them through one of the broken front windows and land them in the living room about 10' away from Jack.
Miranda gets knocked on her ass by the wind breath.  She cries out in pain and shock of the sudden attack.  She then exclaims, "Really?  Fine, two can play at that game."  Without picking herself up of the ground, she holds both hands out in front of her like she was holding an invisible object.  Suddenly a floating sphere of whirling energy appears between her palms of her hands.  She then absorbs the energy into her chest and inhales a deep breath then expels the air in a tremendous blast of her own!

[OoC: Miranda uses her Residual absorption to copy the residue of James' power and blow it back at him at Excellent intensity.  He must make a Green Endurance Feat and his father must make a Red Endurance Feat to keep standing.  No Karma.]
(08-27-2016, 03:03 PM)Aurum Wrote: As Aurum and Jack argue mentally, she gets hit from behind and knocked down by James' blast of air. The slight pressure of her hand on Interface's arm is suddenly gone, and the mindlink binding every is hit what could be best described as a string of formless obscenities, red coloration, and the knowledge that the telepath controlling it is now in pain.

Ow.  OW!  Dammit!  What the hell is going on?

Alright...I tried being nice, kid.  Now you're going to get it from all sides so...let's just chill the hell out.

"Dude!  Seriously.  You need to just relax, okay.  There's a whole lot of people like you and I that are pretty upset at you right now because of that.  This could have been avoided if you had just taken your dad and gone inside, where it's safe.  I don't know why you're getting so defensive but you need to trust me on this: this is a bad idea."

((Emotion Control: Trust on James.  Sorry man, no choice.  It's either this, or he gets his rear end handed to him by some very angry mutants.))
(08-28-2016, 03:12 PM)Blink Wrote: Miranda gets knocked on her ass by the wind breath.  She cries out in pain and shock of the sudden attack.  She then exclaims, "Really?  Fine, two can play at that game."  Without picking herself up of the ground, she holds both hands out in front of her like she was holding an invisible object.  Suddenly a floating sphere of whirling energy appears between her palms of her hands.  She then absorbs the energy into her chest and inhales a deep breath then expels the air in a tremendous blast of her own!

[OoC: Miranda uses her Residual absorption to copy the residue of James' power and blow it back at him at Excellent intensity.  He must make a Green Endurance Feat and his father must make a Red Endurance Feat to keep standing.  No Karma.]

[url=[1d100] = 22]Endurance[/url] (Fail)

Ooc - wouldn't everyone else be in Blink's blast area, or is she close to James?

(08-29-2016, 12:36 AM)Johnny Blair Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 03:03 PM)Aurum Wrote: As Aurum and Jack argue mentally, she gets hit from behind and knocked down by James' blast of air. The slight pressure of her hand on Interface's arm is suddenly gone, and the mindlink binding every is hit what could be best described as a string of formless obscenities, red coloration, and the knowledge that the telepath controlling it is now in pain.

Ow.  OW!  Dammit!  What the hell is going on?

Alright...I tried being nice, kid.  Now you're going to get it from all sides so...let's just chill the hell out.

"Dude!  Seriously.  You need to just relax, okay.  There's a whole lot of people like you and I that are pretty upset at you right now because of that.  This could have been avoided if you had just taken your dad and gone inside, where it's safe.  I don't know why you're getting so defensive but you need to trust me on this: this is a bad idea."

((Emotion Control: Trust on James.  Sorry man, no choice.  It's either this, or he gets his rear end handed to him by some very angry mutants.))

Ooc - All good!

James hears the good-looking kid with wings talking to him as he begins to pick himself up from the ground and reset his glasses on his nose.  Sit-ups were never his favorite activity.

[url=[1d100] = 13]Emotion Control[/url] (Fail)

"I guess I got a little carried away there.  I'm Sorry.  But what about Lisa?  She needs my help!"
As Trevor flies them into a window, Katrina touches the button on her commlink to the plane. "That energy burst would be Lisa. Turns out she doesn't need our or Jack's help to protect herself. I think we're done..." Glancing sideways through the wall into the alley, she adds, "We've got those two others readings you picked up too. Two boys, one helping us, the other.... undecided." She looks back at Jack and Lisa. "Lisa has not taken direct action against us. I think we should see if she and the boys want to come back with us. It's still hot in here, so we might need some adult supervision, in case this continues to go south."

Landing, she lets go of the comm button, instead touching her necklace. Instantly, her image shimmers, and the cute girl everyone knows flickers out of existence. In her place is another girl, the same size, but that is where the resemblance ends. Her hair is jet black, like Lisa's new form. Her skin is leathery, with only her face looking remotely human, as cracks radiate out from her temples and cheekbones, downward, with skin thickening and becoming more plate-like. Her hands look more like scooped claws, like an armadillo has, made for digging. Her eyes burn like lava. Maybe her appearance wouldn't be so startling, if Saleem were actually visible right now, but since he isn't...

She lets go of Sebastian's hand and steps forward, arms down and relaxed.

"It's over. She can protect herself. Let her choose what she wants. She can come with us, stay with Jack, or go her own way." She looks at Lisa expectantly.

[Image: 18662393993_35519bfca4_n.jpg]
[OoC:  Just a couple of things before I resolve actions. 

**I forgot that Johnny flew down to the ground and used his emotion control on James' father so he would also need to make an endurance check against James' hyper breath attack.  Your endurance is Remarkable so you need a Yellow feat to resist.

**Anyone who failed their endurance feat against James' breath attack takes some damage from being knock into the wall or to the ground.  Aurum takes Poor 4 for falling onto the ice; Blink takes Typical 6; Interface takes Typical 6 if he fails; Johnny Blair takes Typical 6 if he fails; and Porsche takes none because she has an energy shield that absorbed any damage.

**  @Jamesarter Her attack would only hit her friends if she targeted where they are standing.  She targeted the driveway where you're standing with your father just like I had you target the Alley beside you where they were standing.  If you were all standing together then yes, she would have to blast everyone.

** @James Carter You may use Karma against Johnny Blair's Emotion control if you wish because you saw what happened to your father.  I'm allowing James to adjust his roll because he may not have known he could use Karma or how to show he was using Karma. (See below)

** A reminder to everyone (mainly the new people) using Karma, you must announce your intention to use Karma AND when making a d100 roll you must include a +5 to the roll.  So if you're attacking with Karma your Macro would be:  Attack: [1d100+5].  You can't decide to use Karma after the roll.   Also, even if you don't need the 5 karma to succeed in your roll you have to spend the 5 karma anyways just for declaring you want to use it.  Adults must add +10 to their roll and they use the 10 karma whether they need it or not to succeed.

** I think that's it for now.]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon