RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Talking with the Professor ~Limited~
"We use both names interchangeably when at the mansion.  In public we use our real names and in costume our code names."  The Professor then adds, "Is there anything else you would like to ask?  If not I need to prepare for my next meeting."
"Nope, all good Professor."

She smiles.

"Gonna go get acquainted with the other students. There's some cute boys here."
The professor doesn't reply, he just gives Porsche a smile and says, "I will see all of you later after breakfast."

As the last of the students leave he can't help think that he might have another Dazzler on his hands.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIbVbW5Nr01FFmopn1WSg...q7caymDoRQ]

The Professor concentrates and thinks to Aurum, ~Roslyn, if you aren't busy, I would like to speak with you about last evening.  You can bring someone or come alone.  It's entirely up to you.  Whatever you are most comfortable with.~
Aurum knocks on the door lightly, then enters, knowing that there's no one else in there. With a slight wave, she sits down. She doesn't say anything, spending a moment trying to think of what she could say, but everything seemed too normal. So she decides to just wait for Xavier to start.
"Good morning, Roslyn," the Professor says when she walks into his office.  "I hope you had a good sleep despite last nights ruckus.  Please have a seat." When the young woman sits down he offers her a tea or some freshly squeezed orange juice.  Once Roslyn is comfortable he continues.  "Roslyn, I'm sure you are very confused and you're still processing what happened last night.  I am interested to hear your point of view regarding Demi's free spirit merging with you."
She takes the offered tea, thinking about the question for a bit before answering. "I guess... it makes a certain amount of sense, considering what happened with Jessica Ryon. Which makes me wonder if she will eventually... come out... as well, or if she'll stay buried in the back of my mind... And whether this will just keep happening. Am I just going to collect people I know who have died, for the rest of my life?" At the moment, those are rhetorical questions, the answers to which are beyond them. "I have to admit, despite her attitude, Demi isn't a bad headmate. When she takes control, things are finally quiet. It's like being in a sound-proof room. The only voices there are hers and mine. It gives me a break from all the thoughts."
"So then are you aware when Demi is in control," the professor asks.  "Can you converse with each other?" 
"Aware, unless I'm asleep. I guess this morning she decided to have breakfast without me, and I stayed asleep for part of that. But otherwise, it seems like we share perceptions, except the telepathy. But yeah, we can talk to each other. And she hasn't, like, actively tried to stop me from coming back. There are some things that we're going to have to work out, but I think we can let each other do our own thing, for the most part. I mean, it's not her fault, and she did try to help, last night, so... we can make the best of it, I guess."
"Well it seems like to me, you're adjusting well.  You are fortunate.  In many instances this is not the case.  Rogue for example, accidentally absorbed the personality of Carol Danvers and both have often fought over who would remain in control.  Your case  is a little different because neither of you seem to have any ill will toward the other."  The Professor pauses for a moment and then adds, "I would suggest that you engage in a conversation with Demi and some of the other students.  Some of your classmates might have some difficulty in your personality changes and it is important that both sides understand the situation.  Since it seems as if you are at peace with your bonding it will not help the situation if Demi is course with your friends or people you care deeply.  For example, her reaction to Johnny will only serve to build a wall between the two of you.  On the other hand, if you are alright with some actions Demi is taking, like eating, it's only fair you tell the people around you, who are trying to protect you, to not make her feel bad about indulging herself.  Does this sound fair?" 
She laughs slightly. "Oh, it's fair. It is going to be quite a challenge. She already thinks everyone here wants her gone. And her attitude... She doesn't feel like she owes anyone an explanation. And she has a point, but it isn't helping matters. And the eating is.. uncomfortable. I mean, she has as much right to live in the physical world as I do. But we both have to deal with the consequences of our actions, so..." 

She looks thoughtful a moment as Demi's voice flutters in her mind. *What about you sucking face with tech-boy? If you two even do that... Ugh. You think I wanna watch that? Nooooo. Am I going to stop you? No. It's only fair that I get to eat, Skellington.*

She snickers a little. "Ok. This isn't an ideal situation for her either. But at least she's willing to negotiate."

*Now ask about Canker.*

"She... wants to know how Canker is doing. They were friends..."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon