RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Medical and Research Labs
[[*bump*]]
Quote this message in a reply
(06-07-2021, 05:14 PM)Niall Glacian Wrote: Niall shrugs and says, "Like I said I feel different, but ok overall.  I think getting back into the swing of things is the best way to get over that.  Do you think I could get some special instruction on the combination of my powers leading to the germ mode?"

"We'll need to figure out how it happened and if it can be triggered outside of stressful environments.  But that's what we do here.  We teach mutants how to use their powers."

The professor looks at RALPH and it responds, "I think it should be alright if he sleeps in his own bed.  I suggest he continues to be monitored."  RALPH produces a small button-like device and places it behind Niall's ear, so it's not as noticeable.  "You may leave now, if you wish."
Niall nods and scoots off the bed.  He takes a couple of steps from the bed and turns to ask the Professor, "Am I still in the same room?  Has everyone else gone to bed?"
Graffiti was over the squabbling and discreetly turned transparent then slipped away.  She arrives at the med lab and gives the door a tap and listens for anyone to respond.
(06-16-2021, 12:53 PM)Niall Glacian Wrote: Niall nods and scoots off the bed.  He takes a couple of steps from the bed and turns to ask the Professor, "Am I still in the same room?  Has everyone else gone to bed?"

"The room assignments have changed slightly in the last 2 months since you've been here.  So for the moment you will be assigned your own room until we figure out what choices some of the other students are going to make.  You should know that Jack hasn't been himself since contracting the virus.  But don't worry, he will be fine.  He's been given the vaccine and he should be showing progress soon.  However, some of his actions during his infection requires some discussion about his future at the mansion.  It's all up to what he decides.  If he promises to get along with other students then he will have a home here.  If not, he will returned to his guardian.  I'm leaving it completely up to him."

Then you hear a tapping at the door...
Niall nods and says, "If there is anything I can do to help him, I don't know what it could be but please let me know.  Maybe if there are remnants I could draw them out in some way?"  Hearing the tapping he says, "Sounds like RALPH may be needed for someone else, I'll clear out."  

He proceeds across the room and opens the door.  Seeing Graffiti he says, "Oh hi."
"Normally I might allow you to drain the virus from his system.  But since the virus has already had a strange reaction to your powers, for now I think it would be better if we didn't have you absorb any more of the virus.  You should still have the virus within you.  If for any reason we might need more samples then we know where to find you."  

"Niall, you shouldn't feel responsible for some of the students getting sick.  You were as much a victim as they were.  The only difference was your powers handled the infection differently.  Each person infected had either their negative traits of their personality, especially aggression, enhanced or reversed.  For Saleem he became more even physically aggressive because he's one of our students who focus on physical combat.  When Trevor (Ballista) was infected, his introverted traits were reversed to become more outgoing and salacious.  Jessica became more catty and argumentative. We expect all these exaggerated traits will be reduced by at least 50% in the next 12 hours and completely gone in the 24 hours afterward.  No one was hurt except for maybe their pride.  These negative personality traits will be something they will need to analyse to figure out what it means to each of them.  This could be an experience each student can grow from." 

Hearing the knock on the door, Niall opens it and sees Graffiti on the other side.
"I hear you're finally awake, sleepyhead," Ashley jokes while entering the medbay.  "I didn't know if you wanted to join us for a little homecoming party so I brought you a bag of snacks Donya put out for everyone.  So, how are you feeling?"
Niall cuts a glance to the Professor before saying, "I'm ok, more or less.  I feel weird, but I was a big germ so if that is the worst of it for me, it sounds like I came out better than others.  Are you ok?"
(06-24-2021, 01:14 AM)Niall Glacian Wrote: Niall cuts a glance to the Professor before saying, "I'm ok, more or less.  I feel weird, but I was a big germ so if that is the worst of it for me, it sounds like I came out better than others.  Are you ok?"

"Meh," says dismissively.  "There are a few students whining about catching the virus but the others at least understand there were always going to be risks living in a mansion full of mutants learning about their powers.  At least it was detected before it got very far.  I do think one or two of the students may have to deal with some of the actions they took.  It wasn't their fault but what's been done is done and what's been said has been said, amiright?  I mean, unless you can get Lisa to take us all back in time, you just have to deal with what happened.  And luckily it happened over Thanksgiving Holidays.  A lot of students are away with family so it could have been a lot worse."  Ashley suddenly stops.  Looks at the Professor, then back at Niall and says, "I'm sorry.  I'm talking way too much.  I'm just happy you're back.  I hope we can also find a way to get Gloom completely back too."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon