RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Medical and Research Labs - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Super Hero Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Marvel Super Heroes (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Forum: Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+----- Forum: Inside the Estate (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Thread: Medical and Research Labs (/showthread.php?tid=175)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Medical and Research Labs - GM Marvel - 09-14-2015

[Image: brigham_womens.jpg]

The labs were usually used by Dr. Henry McCoy and other medically-trained mansion staff. RALPH, the holographic doctor was also installed in the lower-level Medical Lab, in the event that Dr. McCoy or another member of the medical team was unavailable.  Dr. McCoy's own personal lab and the medical lab are also equipped with tele-immersive displays.

RE: Medical and Research Labs - GM Marvel - 09-14-2015

November 27
1am
After the Blob battle
Open to everyone

Jack and Malcolm are taken to the Med Lab for a check up.  Currently Beast is not available so Xavier activates RALPH, the Medical Bay's Holographic Doctor [Sorry I can't find a picture of him yet.]  He asks both students to sit on separate beds so he may subject them to an examination.  Once they are laying down, a laser line scans up and down their bodies for three passes.  When completed RALPH says, "Yes, they are both infected by an unknown disease.  It hides itself within the brain until it multiplies enough to take over the host.  At which time the infected individual starts to exhibit behavioral changes to the more aggressive portions of the brain.  There is no record of this disease on file and is more than likely genetically engineered.  By whom is currently not available."

RE: Medical and Research Labs - Malcontent - 09-14-2015

'W..what I'm sick? I.. I don't feel that bad. I.. I'm fine really."

He starts to get up and heads for the door, looking pale.

RE: Medical and Research Labs - Static Charge - 09-14-2015

Jack sits up after the diagnostics and says "What the HELL?!?  I thought I was weird but this is ridiculous!!"  His eyes wide and panic stricken, Jack looks to Beast.  "Hank what the hell is wrong with us?!  Can you fix this?!"

RE: Medical and Research Labs - GM Marvel - 09-14-2015

[OoC: Ummm Jack, I said that Beast is currently unavailable and they are using RALPH the holographic doctor.]

RALPH replies to Jack, "Currently that information is unavailable.  More analysis is required."

RE: Medical and Research Labs - Malcontent - 09-14-2015

Malcolm reaches the metal door of the Med Bay and stops, panic-stricken, realizing he has no idea how to open it.

He turns..

"L..let m.me out of here.. t..this place isn't safe... you l..lied!!!" He shouts at Xavier.

RE: Medical and Research Labs - Static Charge - 09-15-2015

"All of this Technology and you can't figure out one mutant with an apparent sickness?!"

he lays back down.  "Well hurry up, I might just blow up the place."  He says sarcastically.

RE: Medical and Research Labs - Gedeon Salazar - 09-15-2015

Gedeon had dropped Jack at the medbay, then gone to let the Professor know that he'd been retrieved. She comes back after Jack's initial examination is done, wandering in as Malcolm begins to shout. "Woah. What's all the yelling, guys?"

RE: Medical and Research Labs - Malcontent - 09-15-2015

Hearing the door open behind him, Malcolm turns and bolts past Gedeon into the corridor.

"It's n..not safe here. I..it ww..was s..supposed to be safe." he says hurrying down the corridor, trying to remember where the elevator was that they had come down.

"TH..the k..kids in j..jail can't even hurt mm..me, but kids h..here have died, or w..worse."

Realizing he must have past the elevator already he doubles back, then finds it and pushes the button frantically.

RE: Medical and Research Labs - GM Marvel - 09-15-2015

Xavier had a lot of patients when dealing with his students.  He had been mentoring and caring for children and teens for a couple of decades.  However, never once had he experienced a child panicking and acting like his home and their school was a prison of horrors.  Jack threatening to blow the place up was nothing new.  With a house full of raging hormones and emotions threatening to blow something up happened pretty much ever week.  

The professor looks at Jack and thinks, ~Calm yourself, Jack.  You are the senior student here and you had said you would look out for Malcolm.  Getting upset and making threats will not help the situation.  If you do not feel that you are up to the task of mentoring Malcolm then I can assign the duty to someone else.  If you have a problem with stunning Miranda, which you had to do for everyone's safety, then perhaps you should speak with her about the situation rather then running away.~  His tone was not harsh but it was firm.    

Xavier then directs his wheelchair to follow the young man out into the hallway.  He stops 10' away and watches Malcolm calmly for a few seconds and then says, "Malcolm, if you wish to leave I will not stop you.  But it is 1:30 in the morning and I would be negligent morally and in the eyes of the law if I just opened the front door and let a 14 year old young man run off into the night.  So please stay until morning and if after getting a good night sleep you still wish to depart then I can notify the proper authorities to have someone come get you.  You don't have to stay in your current room if you do not wish.  There are plenty of other empty dorm rooms available and if you would feel safer sleeping with someone else, I can have a cot set up in one of the other student's rooms.  The choice is yours."