RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Medical and Research Labs
Xavier frowns.  "At the moment it doesn't look good.  But I always leave room for hope.  As for making people sick, we're still investigating.  It appears in your mindless state you were able to move about the mansion undetected, even from telepathy.  Even mine.  While you were making your way through the mansion's ventilation systems there were students who contracted some kind of virus.  Those who became ill became more aggressive, even turning on their friends.  We did isolate the virus and found what we believe is a cure but we will need to wait and see what the long term affects might be.  Would you happen to know where you picked up this virus? [No] We assume it has something to do with Emma Frost.  During an altercation we had on the night you returned, Emma used her considerable mental power to keep me asleep.  I'm not sure why she would want me to stay asleep while the students fought.  And Emma is not talking, yet.  She revealed herself today by possessing Iceman to aid our students with subduing Jack and bringing him back to the mansion.  I suspect this new virus had something to do with his poor behavior as well.  He has been treated and is recovering.  Now I must speak to him to determine if he will remain at the school.  If he understands what he has done, despite it being mostly out of his control then he may still have a home here.  It's really up to him."
Quote this message in a reply
Niall shook his head slowly and said "No, I don't know where that came from.  Pretty much as soon as I got to the Academy I was distracted by a psychic voice that was trying to speak to me, but I don't think was quite strong enough to do so.  The only thing I really remember from being this germ thing is that that one voice began to split and replicate, becoming thousands of voices that just drowned me out.  They are all gone now.  It's just me in here."
(05-26-2021, 07:28 PM)Niall Glacian Wrote: Niall shook his head slowly and said "No, I don't know where that came from.  Pretty much as soon as I got to the Academy I was distracted by a psychic voice that was trying to speak to me, but I don't think was quite strong enough to do so.  The only thing I really remember from being this germ thing is that that one voice began to split and replicate, becoming thousands of voices that just drowned me out.  They are all gone now.  It's just me in here."

"This was likely another evolution in your mutant powers that manifested under stress and unfortunately you became trapped in that state.  I'm not sure why you couldn't reintegrate yourself.  Perhaps what happened was so traumatic that your subconscious was still in fight-or-flight mode and refused to allow you to return to normal.  Another possibility could be that since you were pretty much mindless, your new form was operating only on an instinctual level and you couldn't comprehend what was happening to you.  If you begin hearing the psychic voices again, please contact me immediately.  If I can form a mindlink with you while it's happening I might be able to understand what is happening to you more clearly."
Niall nods. "For sure, Professor.  If Ms. Frost isn't talking, is it possible that something or someone was controlling her to attack the others?  From what you said earlier it seems like this Fitzroy guy may have had additional abilities that weren't apparent, or they have access to other people that could do that.  Did Gloom come back also?  Did they say anything about hear voices?"
(05-26-2021, 08:19 PM)Niall Glacian Wrote: Niall nods. "For sure, Professor.  If Ms. Frost isn't talking, is it possible that something or someone was controlling her to attack the others?  From what you said earlier it seems like this Fitzroy guy may have had additional abilities that weren't apparent, or they have access to other people that could do that.  Did Gloom come back also?  Did they say anything about hear voices?"

"Anything is possible," the Professor replies.  "But with a mind as powerful as Ms. Frost's it's highly unlikely.  We don't know much about Fitzroy but during the confrontation he exhibited teleportation and Time Travel powers.  He also seems to have reprogrammed sentinels from the future to do his bidding.  Gloom escaped death by instinctively turning herself into a shade.  Her powers of possession are currently very week but Aurum's unusual telepathy seems to create a secure anchor for her spirit to reside.  They both have made some kind of arrangement and have agreed to use the one body.  It benefits both mutants because Aurum's telepathy is extremely exhausting so it allows her some peace while Gloom is in control.   And, did who say anything about hearing voices?"
Niall says, "The XMen, or any of the captured Hellions besides Ms. Frost, or even Gloom or any of the other students if they tagged along for whatever reason.  Anyone that was at the Academy."
"No one has mentioned hearing voices except for you."
Niall frowns and looks down back at his lap. "Oh. Hmmm.  Well.  Um, I guess if there is anything else I can answer for you, I am happy to do so."  He looks directly in Professor Xavier's eyes for the first time since he woke up and asks, "What's next?"
"You should take it easy for the next few days," the Professor replies.  "RALPH is deciding if you should spend those days in the Med Lab or if you're healthy enough to relax in the living areas in the mansion.  What do you think?"
Niall shrugs and says, "Like I said I feel different, but ok overall.  I think getting back into the swing of things is the best way to get over that.  Do you think I could get some special instruction on the combination of my powers leading to the germ mode?"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon