RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Gemeris Station [Everyone]
"I did not realize the ship was so under equipped.  We should definitely upgrade the shielding, armor and speed for both sub-light and hyperdrive engines.  Anything that lets us avoid getting damaged and avoid combat seems like a good idea to me.  You guys won't always have my stellar negotiating skills to get you out of trouble."

[[Jendu thinks he's just here to help out.  Fate will obviously keep him with the group.]]
Quote this message in a reply
(12-19-2021, 11:25 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 06:47 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: "Forget masking, we need a sensor jamming suite.  We get into a situation like that again having the option of shutting down the enemy's ability to communicate gives us more options.  Better ones."

"I'm listening," Shunna replies.  "What other options would it give us?  Since you're Mandalorian and likely better schooled in defensive strategy than the rest of us, I sincerely want to hear your thoughts.  I would think if the Empire or smugglers see we're jamming them they would be more likely to just start shooting."

"Everything in War, from the first moment we picked up a dagger, to the most complex movements of vessels, is really about controlling two elements: Logistics and Information.  If we know where the enemy is and they do not know where we are, we win.  A Lot.  If we prevent the enemy from calling for backup, we can turn that 'A Lot' into 'Every Time.'  So, in addition to Sensor Jamming, we should also get a solid Comm Jamming package.  That way, if we ever encounter a system patrol craft or a customs frigate again, and do not have a place to retreat to or do not have the time, we can control the battlefield to just us and them."
"How about you take on the responsibility of upgrading the ship.  You let us know what you want and as a group we'll find a way to get you the money for it.  We have several mechanics and droids in the party available to assist you and what can't be done on our own, we will find a facility to do it for us.  There's also the matter of the Cloakshape fighter.  We should put a new fighter on our wish list.  Cloakshape fighters were good in its time but if you really want an extra ship to defend us, the party should look at an X-wing.  We could also buy a couple of Vulture droids to act as support for either the Bulwark or the Cloakshape fighter.  They're relatively small (size huge) and at 19k they're pretty cheap but we'd need to reoutfit them with Droid brains.  But we have a brain from the spider droid."
Korstyn raises an interested eyebrow at this, even though she's still in the snubfighter and no one can see her (well...except for the astromech...maybe.)

"Is that a paying job or just advisory?  You're asking me to be the Chief Mechanic and the Quartermaster of this crate.  Do I get to make supervisory decisions, then?"  Korstyn didn't ask these questions because she was interested in the titles.  She wanted to make sure that her words would be listened to with the strength of hard fact and would be acted upon.  Too often, groups felt that those who actually flew the spacecraft and fought off the enemy were the most critical elements to the outfit and were treated as such.  It was true...until someone was needed to fix the damn things and feed the people.  Those were generally relegated to second class, at best.  And Korstyn was by no means second-class to ANYONE.
(12-20-2021, 05:20 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: "How about you take on the responsibility of upgrading the ship.  You let us know what you want and as a group we'll find a way to get you the money for it.  We have several mechanics and droids in the party available to assist you and what can't be done on our own, we will find a facility to do it for us.  There's also the matter of the Cloakshape fighter.  We should put a new fighter on our wish list.  Cloakshape fighters were good in its time but if you really want an extra ship to defend us, the party should look at an X-wing.  We could also buy a couple of Vulture droids to act as support for either the Bulwark or the Cloakshape fighter.  They're relatively small (size huge) and at 19k they're pretty cheap but we'd need to reoutfit them with Droid brains.  But we have a brain from the spider droid."

Correction, you have a brain from Ubi's old battle droid.  OoC I'm not letting you use an ex-PC' S brain with all his skills and levels etc
(12-20-2021, 10:41 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: Korstyn raises an interested eyebrow at this, even though she's still in the snubfighter and no one can see her (well...except for the astromech...maybe.)

"Is that a paying job or just advisory?  You're asking me to be the Chief Mechanic and the Quartermaster of this crate.  Do I get to make supervisory decisions, then?"  Korstyn didn't ask these questions because she was interested in the titles.  She wanted to make sure that her words would be listened to with the strength of hard fact and would be acted upon.  Too often, groups felt that those who actually flew the spacecraft and fought off the enemy were the most critical elements to the outfit and were treated as such.  It was true...until someone was needed to fix the damn things and feed the people.  Those were generally relegated to second class, at best.  And Korstyn was by no means second-class to ANYONE.

"If by paying you mean equal share then yes, it would make you a full member of the team" Shunna replies.  "I personally don't have any issues with you dealing with the mechanical upgrades to the ship.  But the owners may have suggestions for you from to time.  If the other members have anything additional to say they should do so now."
Korstyn keys the hatch of the snubfighter to unseal and open, then powers down the systems in proper order and time.  She turns to the droid who would have been her assistant had the group decided to engage the Imps.

[[Because I genuinely forgot if she already asked this question...]]

"What's your designation, droid?  And what would you prefer to be called?"

When the droid answers, Kortsyn will nod and depart the fighter, then walk to the bridge of the freighter.

"You should probably say it to my face, rather than a comlink."
(12-21-2021, 11:07 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: "You should probably say it to my face, rather than a comlink."

[[Who is this direct at?  Shunna? Everyone?  Everyone except for Shunna?]]
The droid beeps and whistles at Korstyn, and a message appears on her HUD before she exits the Cloakshape.

~"Designation: R4-T6;  Alternate Designation: unknown... 00R4-T6158656452454 is Binary designation"~
(12-21-2021, 05:31 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: The droid beeps and whistles at Korstyn, and a message appears on her HUD before she exits the Cloakshape.

~"Designation: R4-T6;  Alternate Designation: unknown... 00R4-T6158656452454 is Binary designation"~

"R4-T6. Understood. I generally don't speak in Binary, but I won't shorten your designation any further. How's that?"

(12-21-2021, 04:16 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: [[Who is this direct at?  Shunna? Everyone?  Everyone except for Shunna?]]

[[Mostly at Shunna, but it's for everyone.]]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon