RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 11-09-2016

Hm. Never thought about sneak attack with a grenade. Smile but apparently nobody forbids it.
BTW the diff between +1 to attack and +1 to weapon damage is the word "weapon". I saw it clarified somewhere that this phrase is there to exclude "usual" spells like fireball. I believe the exact clarification went like "if you make an attack roll it's a weapon" so AF qualifies indeed.
As a side note; spells that require an attack roll but do not deal damage (ray of enfeeblement is a temporary mod, not damage) benefit from attack bonus but not from damage bonus.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 11-09-2016

If turning isn't working, I think Maul should focus on healing 1st then dealing direct damage with his weapon. I think he should save his spells for heals.

Can Portho countersong whatever spells the cloaked figure is casting? Can he countersong what was done to Torin? Nice move DM Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 11-09-2016

Decided that while probably everyone can guess this may be an extensive spoiler so opening a new thread. Read at your own risk!
http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread.php?tid=377

Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 11-09-2016

Hint re Maul: domain spells can't be converted to curatives. Guess lvl4 for Good domain sounds neat?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 11-09-2016

Ohh, I forgot Giant has a simple quarterstaff. Not magical but bludgeoning. What do you think can it harm them? d6 without DR instead of d8+1 and a move action to change. Is it worth? I am not sure but he can try it.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 11-09-2016

(11-08-2016, 11:44 PM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar will stand his ground this time... He said he would protect Toot, soo he may regret it later, but if they survive he will gain an allyWink

<Sniff> <Sniffle> <Sniff>  Cry N... no one has e... ever took a h... hit for Toot before. <wipes tears away> I... I seem to have s... something in my eyes...  

>Click here<

Tongue
(11-09-2016, 04:25 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: Ohh, I forgot Giant has a simple quarterstaff. Not magical but bludgeoning. What do you think can it harm them? d6 without DR instead of d8+1 and a move action to change. Is it worth? I am not sure but he can try it.

Since Boo has been able to damage the Skeletons, I don't think you need magical weapons to damage them.

Touché Lol .... and in the next dungeon... "Toot stands bravely upon his mighty bear and shouts at the enemy undead apocalypse ready to take his soul. "Say hello to my little friends!" He cries out and summons... nothing as his holy mistletoe focus is missing... "Hey, what happened to my Mistletoe?"

Lugar- "Oh you mean that piece of wood? I used it in our camp fire last night. I thought your necklace got caught on a twig. My bad." Shrugs, cause he's his "buddy." Big Grin

Reviewed "The Cascades of Hate thread." #39 and #41 unable to quote for some reason? Portho states he will open his handy haversack so Giant can load it with the loot. Giant mentions that his sack is like "Vals" but states he will fill up Lugar's and Portho's handy haversacks. Giant also stated he took both finely crafted daggers with the shifting weights, and examined the "large bastard sword with the black blade." Lugar offered to carry the halberd or the sword.

Who has what and where?

- Black Bladed Bastard Sword: I think Giant has the Black Sword with the ruby blade strapped to his back because he's probably the only one big enough to actually carry it.

- Bladeless Sword: Portho said he "passed" the Bladeless hilt back to Lugar and offered to teach him the command word. I should've posted a response to that but my intentions were to let Portho keep it but I didn't.

- Rune Engraved Halberd: Lugar is carrying

- Shiny Chainmail: Could be in either Lugar's or Portho's handy haversack

- Granite Fisted Club: Could be in either Lugar's or Portho's handy haversack

- Fur Coat: Could be in either Lugar or Portho's haversack

- Did I miss anything?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 05:40 PM)Lugar Wrote: Touché Lol .... and in the next dungeon... "Toot stands bravely upon his mighty bear and shouts at the enemy undead apocalypse ready to take his soul. "Say hello to my little friends!" He cries out and summons... nothing as his holy mistletoe focus is missing... "Hey, what happened to my Mistletoe?"

Lugar- "Oh you mean that piece of wood? I used it in our camp fire last night. I thought your necklace got caught on a twig. My bad." Shrugs, cause he's his "buddy." Big Grin

When I watch the, "My Buddy" video I imagine Lugar carrying around Toot and them doing everything in the video together!  Tongue

And you stay away from my Holly and Mistletoe!!  Bad Lugar!  Bad!  Angry

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Portho Nihilbuck - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 06:02 PM)Lugar Wrote: Reviewed "The Cascades of Hate thread."  #39 and #41 unable to quote for some reason?   Portho states he will open his handy haversack so Giant can load it with the loot.  Giant mentions that his sack is like "Vals" but states he will fill up Lugar's and Portho's handy haversacks.  Giant also stated he took both finely crafted daggers with the shifting weights, and examined the "large bastard sword with the black blade."  Lugar offered to carry the halberd or the sword.

Who has what and where?

- Black Bladed Bastard Sword: I think Giant has the Black Sword with the ruby blade strapped to his back because he's probably the only one big enough to actually carry it.

- Bladeless Sword: Portho said he "passed" the Bladeless hilt back to Lugar and offered to teach him the command word.  I should've posted a response to that but my intentions were to let Portho keep it but I didn't.  

- Rune Engraved Halberd: Lugar is carrying

- Shiny Chainmail: Could be in either Lugar's or Portho's handy haversack

- Granite Fisted Club: Could be in either Lugar's or Portho's handy haversack

- Fur Coat: Could be in either Lugar or Portho's haversack

- Did I miss anything?

It would make sense for the weapons to be in Portho's bag since he was on SG shoulders with it open.   Hopefully he can get to safety and get it out of the bag.

As for teh bladeless hilt Portho was handing it back , tryingb to build trust. He is not likely to often be in melee to use it. Though currrently he is in melee more than is good for a bard

[wow I forgot how much core only bards are crippled when things cannot be affected by illusions or mind affecting]