RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Missing Caravan - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Forum: Adventures (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+----- Thread: Missing Caravan (/showthread.php?tid=86)

RE: Missing Caravan - GM Marvel - 11-01-2015

While Jonath hides close enough to peek through the arrowslit, the guard helps Selina with moving Mardak. When the priest asks him to gag the Hexblade, he says, "with what?" Suddenly he gets an idea. The guard modestly turns his back to Selina and starts to remove his loin cloth... Noticing the peculiar look on the priest's face he asks, "What? It's the only cloth I have on me!" Sighing he finally tears a piece of leather off his armor mumbling, "This stuff s'not cheap. He better buy me a new one."

At this point Nacesh joins Jonath and listens to whatever the creatures are saying.

"Yarp Yap. .. [Nacesh translates] don't know what fell in front of arrowslit. Sounded like something outside trying to get at it. Maybe predator hunting dragged prey out of hole. Should we go after...."

"No! Could still be out there. Could eat you too. Watch for anything. If notice anything strange let me know. Meantime I go ask him and be back soon"

The kobold leaves the other kobold to watch...

[Mardak wakes up after the other kobold leaves.]

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

RE: Missing Caravan - Selina Parcellus - 11-01-2015

Selina whispers to Mardak "Welcome back. You may not want to move after the beating you took. I would suggest drinking lots of water and staying in one spot...for a change. Your ribs probably did a good job of nicking the claws of whatever that thing was." She was being snide and knew it, but she didn't particularly care at this point. "I could use a stiff drink right about now...if I hadn't taken a vow of abstinence."

RE: Missing Caravan - Mardak Trannyth - 11-01-2015

He pulls out the gag for a moment or two.

"Much obliged Doc.  I will try to stay in one spot, but what's going on?"  The blood soaked cowboy asks.  Mardak looks around and tries to find something.  Upon realizing that one of the things he cares about is gone, he whispers "Dang!"    

"Yeah.  I was doing something rash last I remember.  Coulda got your asses killed."  He regards the lady apologetically.

RE: Missing Caravan - Jonath - 11-01-2015

Jonath carefully moves up and out of the crack, moving slowly to take care to not be seen or heard by the kobold now standing watch at the arrow slit.

[OOC: Hide:[1d20+13] = 2+13 = 15, Move Silently:[1d20+12] = 7+12 = 19
The following is assuming I get out without being spotted.]

He then approaches Selina, the guard and the now-conscious Mardak, beckoning Betimi and Nacesh to join them. "It seems we've discovered a kobold enclave, of sorts. There is an arrow slit in the bottom of the crevice, and a couple of kobolds apparently heard the attack on Mardak and came to investigate. They decided not to leave to investigate, but one is still there keeping watch while the other goes to report to a superior of some sort, from the sounds of it. I'm...at a bit of a loss as to what to do now. Mardak is obviously going to need more convalescing time, but we now know we're in the territory of some curious kobolds, not to mention hot on the trail of the captives from the bridge raid...with luck, these are the same kobolds, but as of yet there's no way to know. He sighs and shakes his head, pausing for a moment to think. "I suppose the only thing to do for now is to try and determine where the entrance to their tunnels are, to be able to keep watch on it if for no other reason...unless anyone has a better idea, of course."

RE: Missing Caravan - GM Marvel - 11-01-2015

Nacesh also moves as stealthily as he can away from the arrow slit.  Which he succeeds!

[OoC: Hide: 1d20+3=23; Move Silently: 1d20+3=20]

Once everyone is together, they listen to Jonath's assessment of the situation.  The guard whispers, "First we should all agree to NOT running off after things that are obviously unkillable.  And if you don't think you can do this then let us know so we can tie a rope around you or something.  Second, we are still in the middle of the night.  Between four and five in the morning.  Some of you still require sleep."

Nacesh speaks up and whispers, "Yeah, I cast a couple of spells against those giant mosquitoes.  I still need to refresh my energy.  I guess I'll need to sleep until around ten to get my energies back.  Also, we'll have to talk about watches.  Some of us need at least eight hours of uninterrupted sleep while others only need around six to get their energy back."

[OoC: I estimate Jonath and Selina still needs 2 hours of sleep; Nacesh needs 5 hours more sleep; and Betimi, the Guard and Mardak has had 8 hours of sleep so they are alright.  Though if Mardak wants to keep recovering he should continue sleeping.

[OoC:  Rest/ spell prep times.
  • Sorcerer/ Hexblade: 8 hours of rest/ 15 min prep.*  Each interruption add an hour needed for rest. 
  • Priest: None*/ 1 hour prep.  Pick time of day.
  • Psionic Characters: 8 hours of rest/ 1 round concentrations.*  Each interruption add an hour needed for rest. 
  • Binders: I'm not sure.*
  • Non casting classes: None*
*Every character needs 6 hours of sleep. Characters who do not get a full night's sleep may suffer the effects of fatigue. If a PC does not get at least 6 hours of sleep, she must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or be fatigued and take a –1 penalty on all other checks and saving throws against sleep effects. A second night without sleep requires another DC 15 Fortitude save. A failed save results in the character becoming exhausted and the penalties increasing to –2. A third failed save on the next night increases the penalties to –3.

Suggested Watch:  
  1. Jonath 8pm-12am (4 hours)
  2. Nacesh 10pm-2am (4 hour overlap)
  3. Selina 12am-4am (4 hours)
  4. Betimi and Mardak 4am-9am (5 hours)

RE: Missing Caravan - Mardak Trannyth - 11-01-2015

"I will sleep more and who are you son?"  He asks the soldier.  "Don't rmember' seein' ya around these parts.  How long was I out for?"  He shrugs being defeated and feeling like a dragon chewed him and spit him out. 

He lays down and was about to lower his hat over his eyes but realizes that it's gone.  "If anyone can find my hat, I'll give ya my share."

RE: Missing Caravan - Betimi - 11-02-2015

(11-01-2015, 10:06 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: Suggested Watch:  
  1. Jonath 8pm-12am (4 hours)
  2. Nacesh 10pm-2am (4 hour overlap)
  3. Selina 12am-4am (4 hours)
  4. Betimi and Mardak 4am-9am (5 hours)

Betimi, who has been listening quietly finally speaks up.

"I am quite capable of taking the last watch myself. Mardak should rest. Maybe asleep he can't do something suicidal"

RE: Missing Caravan - Selina Parcellus - 11-02-2015

"Good. Stay put then and drink. I mean water." She glances at Nacesh and nods. "I will also have to pray to recover some of my capabilities." She puts Mardak's hat over his face. "Keep your share so long as you do not run off without us again." She does not mention how long he was out or anything about his injuries. First of all, do no harm, and being told that a beast had thrown him about with its tail like a raggedy doll might just be damaging to his ego...or something. Besides, she had already just told him that if he pulled another stunt like that, there was no guarantee of them coming back for him.

RE: Missing Caravan - Mardak Trannyth - 11-02-2015

He can't tell if Selina is being playful or upset as he hears her words.  Lifting his hat up, Mardak just nods in thanks as he thought it was the best thing to do. 

"Betimi?  What's wrong?  You're gonna have to tell me cause I ain't leavin' anytime soon.  I made a promise to ya and I intend to keep it."  At least he gets that she's upset about something.

RE: Missing Caravan - GM Marvel - 11-02-2015

[OoC: while you guys roleplay I want to mention that Selina picked Midnight as the time when she refreshes her spells. It's around 5am so she will have to wait until midnight to refresh again. Also casters don't have to memorize all their spells. You can leave a few slots open and then memorize it when needed. This allows you some flexibility instead of being stuck with a fixed memorization for the day. I think it takes 10 or 15 min to memerize on the fly like this. ]

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk