RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - Crozar the Sunspot - 05-16-2021

Crozar has been upgraded.  Is there a minimum on HP gain on the level?  I only ask because I rolled a 1.

RE: OoC thread - DM Vitkyng - 05-16-2021

There is, minimu is 1/2+1 so if you roll d6 min is 4, if you roll d8 the min is 5, etc

RE: OoC thread - Crozar the Sunspot - 05-17-2021

So a d4 is 3?

RE: OoC thread - DM Vitkyng - 05-17-2021

(05-17-2021, 12:15 AM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: So a d4 is 3?

Yup

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 05-27-2021

True story in relation to what Selina just said. My dad is an OB/Gyn. He once delivered a boy and gave him to his mother. After giving the mother the birth certificate, she signed it right away. He took one look at it, did a double-take, and said "Shithead?" She looked shocked at him and he showed her where she wrote the child's name, just like that, on the certificate. She said "It's ShiTHEED."

Boy, I'd hate to be *that* kid in Junior High...

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 03:44 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: True story in relation to what Selina just said.  My dad is an OB/Gyn.  He once delivered a boy and gave him to his mother.  After giving the mother the birth certificate, she signed it right away.  He took one look at it, did a double-take, and said "Shithead?"  She looked shocked at him and he showed her where she wrote the child's name, just like that, on the certificate.  She said "It's ShiTHEED."

Boy, I'd hate to be *that* kid in Junior High...

Some people just shouldn't be parents.  I would think that child would have a good lawsuit for intentionally inflicting harm.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 08-31-2021

My plan for Selina: let the other crabs attack her, latch on, then have her cast Sheltered Vitality. They suck ( true in so many ways…) but can’t drain any Con from her because of the spell. She’s then free to destroy them all.

And if Betimi could clean that crab off Tegab…

RE: OoC thread - Crozar the Sunspot - 09-09-2021

Do the hairs we are surrounded by count as wood for the functionality of the Elemental Burst spell, or the various fluids from the flesh field as water?  If not, would Crozar be able to take a 5' step to get into the Chaos circle and lightly toss a chakri to K-8 and focus a Elemental Burst on that in one round?

http://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/complete-arcane--55/elemental-burst--495/index.html

Quote:Evocation
Level: Wu Jen 1 (All),
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area: 10-ft.-radius burst
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex half or Reflex negates; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

When you cast this spell, you designate a target composed of one of the five wu jen elements—earth, fire, metal, water, and wood. The target then releases magical energy in a sudden, explosive burst, as follows:
Wood, Metal, or Earth: The target throws off sharp slivers and fragments; creatures within the burst take 1d8 points of damage (Reflex save for half damage).
Fire: The target shoots out glowing sparks that deal 1d8 points of fire damage to creatures within the burst (Reflex save for half damage).
Water: Water pushes out in a fierce wave, knocking creatures within the area prone unless they make successful Reflex saves. Creatures get a +4 bonus on their saving throws for each size category they are larger than Medium, or a -4 penalty for each size category smaller than Medium. Exceptionally stable creatures, such as dwarves or creatures with four legs, get an additional +4 bonus.
The spell does not noticeably affect the structure or form of the target object.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 09-09-2021

Since skin contains 64% water, and muscles and kidneys are 79% water I'd allow you to do it because there's so much flesh laying around.  Though I wouldn't let you cast it on a creature.  

As for a chakri, you can't throw it and cast a spell in the same round.  You could drop it as a free action then move 10' to 15', then cast the spell.  But anything less then 10' movement will blow yourself up too.  Another option would be to shoot the creature, then move, then if you hit it you can cast the spell the next round.  You could also cast the spell on Betimi's crossbow bolt that is most likely still sticking out of Med creature1 but you'd also blow up at least Selina.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 09-22-2021

I have no idea what to do. Both Tomeal and Crozar are almost done for and Selina is being forced to choose. Unless Simon and Ning/Nang can clear out the remainder…