RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 04-28-2021

I have noticed that they've been healing a point per round, but immediately assumed that it was some form of FH.

The 3 extra HP difference between 12 and 15 really does make a difference for her as it gives her a few options. She doesn't necessarily have to continue engaging it now that it's so close to apparent death...re-death?

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 04-29-2021

I am honestly on pins and needles worrying about Selina. 0.0

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 05-11-2021

Selina will pick up her first level as a Moonstone Knight. Everything she has gained since, pretty much, Unreth has been entirely instinctual. Her dream meeting with Selune sparked something in her, the ability to force her enemies to be more mindful of the pairing she has forged with Tomeal.

http://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/tome-of-battle-the-book-of-nine-swords--88/island-blades--3695/index.html
Island of Blades is a stance that allows her and her allies to flank any enemy they are adjacent to. To explain, it allows her to set up flanking without requiring that the ally be on the opposite side of the enemy she is. They can be next to her. This seems to only be enemies that she is adjacent to. So if she is adjacent to an enemy that Tomeal is, and Kubo is adjacent to a separate enemy and she is not, Kubo, sadly, does not gain the benefits of flanking. I had to think a lot about this, because I'd been wanting Thicket of Blades (which is very different) for quite some time. Thicket of Blades is more ideal for a lockdown build, which she is not. She is a tank that focuses down one enemy at a time. Island of Blades is much better for that.

RE: OoC thread - Zhargoza - 05-12-2021

I am working on leveling Kubo, will post my updates when done.

RE: OoC thread - Crozar the Sunspot - 05-12-2021

Now we get to the part I don't fully understand.  With my level differential, do I actually go to second level?  I was under the impression that I basically do not change until I hit 6th level, at which point I can pay off the difference and level normally from that point forward.  Or is that I advance in level normally, but when I hit 6th I basically drop back in level?  I will need someone to explain this to me.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 05-12-2021

Crozar is a 4th level *character*, but only a second level elementarii. From what I understand, in two levels you can start paying off that level adjustment. You don’t drop back at character level 6.

So right now you can call your classes: Cactacae2/Elementarii2.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 05-12-2021

(05-12-2021, 08:25 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Crozar is a 4th level *character*, but only a second level elementarii. From what I understand, in two levels you can start paying off that level adjustment.  You don’t drop back at character level 6.

So right now you can call your classes: Cactacae2/Elementarii2.

You are correct except Crozar (I believe*) has to wait for 4 levels -- when he's 6th (ECL8) before being able to pay off 1 level adjustment.  Then he must wait until 9 (ECL:11) to pay off the last.  This will all eventually even out because xp rewards always reward the lower level characters with more experience.

* I'm saying "I believe" because for some reason, at the moment I can't link to the SRD to double check.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 05-12-2021

Right. Not every DM allows buyoffs. So Crozar at Cactacae2/Elementarii4 can buy one of those Cactacae levels off.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 05-13-2021

Both Tomeal and Nang are completed.  

For Tomeal, I used Fractional Save bonuses which bumped him from a Reflex and Will Save of +1 to a +2.  Every little bit counts.  He also now has Divine Grace which boosts his Saves by +3 and he now has Lay on Hands.  It's only 6 points of healing but it's a Supernatural ability so no Torque checks!  Unfortunately he rolled a 1 for hit points.   Dodgy  Oh, but he now gets TWO attacks!   Cool

Nang didn't gain any bonuses to attacks or saves.  He picked up Spontaneous Summoning Feat and a couple of new spells.  His touch of Healing now heals +9 hit points.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 05-13-2021

(05-13-2021, 04:47 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: Both Tomeal and Nang are completed.  

For Tomeal, I used Fractional Save bonuses which bumped him from a Reflex and Will Save of +1 to a +2.  Every little bit counts.  He also now has Divine Grace which boosts his Saves by +3 and he now has Lay on Hands.  It's only 6 points of healing but it's a Supernatural ability so no Torque checks!  Unfortunately he rolled a 1 for hit points.   Dodgy  Oh, but he now gets TWO attacks!   Cool

Nang didn't gain any bonuses to attacks or saves.  He picked up Spontaneous Summoning Feat and a couple of new spells.  His touch of Healing now heals +9 hit points.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

This is also where Selina casts Tyche's Touch on him before bed.