RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - DM Vitkyng - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 04:11 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:09 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Detect Evil has far more applications. Detect Undead is very situational.. i say it isn't worth it

How about this?

Gaze of Truth
For you, justice is paramount.

Level: 1st.

Replaces: If you choose this ability, you do not gain the ability to detect evil.

Benefit: You can discern when someone is lying to you, as the spell discern lies. You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier (minimum 1/day). The target is afforded a Will save (DC 10 + half your paladin level + your Charisma modifier). If he succeeds, you cannot discern lies from him for 24 hours. Each use of this ability lasts for 1 round per paladin level.

Additionally, you add detect evil to the paladin spell list.

Note: You should discuss this ability with your DM before choosing it. While it is appropriate for some campaigns, such ready use of a truth-finding ability can quickly spoil a game in which lies, subterfuge, and intrigue play a significant part.

Rax and Aurelia give a good example if how useful detect evil is

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 11-18-2020

Here is just a Paladin variant

Wyrmslayer
While any paladin might fight a dragon in the course of her battles against evil, wyrmslayer paladins dedicate their lives to learning about these powerful creatures and how to combat them most effectively. With your DM's permission, you might consider making the following changes to emphasize a wyrmslayer paladin's special characteristics:

Class Skills: Replace Knowledge (nobility and royalty) with Knowledge (arcana).

Resist Energy (Sp): Replace the ability to remove disease with the ability to cast resist energy 1/day with a caster level equal to your paladin level. Whenever you would gain an additional use of remove disease you instead gain an additional use of resist energy.

Multiclassing: A wyrmslayer paladin may multiclass freely in the ranger class, provided she selects dragons as her first favored enemy.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 11-18-2020

Agreed with everyone. There is a VERY good reason why Detect Evil is called "Pala-dar".

As far as Wyrmslayer...are you saying we'll be fighting dragons soon? The skill change is fantastic as Know nobility sucks and is VERY situational, and Know arcana is the most-rolled knowledge skill in the game. Resist Energy is nice.

Also...Woot on Tomeal becoming a Paladin! Time for him to go William Wallace on his enemies!

(11-18-2020, 04:29 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Agreed with everyone.  There is a VERY good reason why Detect Evil is called "Pala-dar".

As far as Wyrmslayer...are you saying we'll be fighting dragons soon?  The skill change is fantastic as Know nobility sucks and is VERY situational, and Know arcana is the most-rolled knowledge skill in the game.  Resist Energy is nice.

Also...Woot on Tomeal becoming a Paladin!  Time for him to go William Wallace on his enemies!

There's apparently no Dragons native to this world.  Though that doesn't mean a few couldn't sneak through a portal.  It seems like you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a humanoid who has fallen through a portal!

But resist Energy would probably more useful than Remove Disease.

(11-18-2020, 04:29 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Also...Woot on Tomeal becoming a Paladin!  Time for him to go William Wallace on his enemies!

"They'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!" says the Paladin of Freedom!  Angry Big Grin

What was stalling my decision was the Paladin's Aura of Courage (immune to fear) and Holy Liberator's Aura of Resolve (Immune to Compulsion effects).  I kept thinking that Aura of Resolve makes a lot more sense for a CG Paladin but when I looked at Paladin of Freedom they had Aura of Courage.  So I was leaning toward Holy Liberator but dipping into another class didn't make sense for Tomeal.   But then I checked PoF again and they DO have Aura of Resolve.  Dodgy  I don't know WTF I was looking at before!  

Tomeal Promised he was going to find a way so he would never be controlled again so he would never be force to attack Selina and he did it!  Or he will when he reaches 3rd level PoF and gains Aura of Resolve.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 11-18-2020

Probably. Unless we run up against some mummies. Then we'll be pining for Remove Disease.

EDIT: Yeah. Selina would definitely be most grateful to not have to worry about tanking a hit from her man. Just imagine the 'talk' they'd have afterwards!

RE: OoC thread - Crozar the Sunspot - 11-18-2020

Crozar would be happy to take them.  Are we just assuming that handoff then, or shall we do an IC post about it?

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 12-03-2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GM MARVEL!

RE: OoC thread - Captian Ubi Sunt - 12-03-2020

Happy Birthday GM MARVEL!

RE: OoC thread - Crozar the Sunspot - 12-03-2020

Happy birthday!