RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 11-17-2020

Nang was given Bracers +2 in the last big haul but he already wore a Chain Shirt.  The bracers +2 would protect him from incorperial attacks but wouldn't someone else who wears no armor might benefit more from them?

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 11-18-2020

I wonder who could use those...

EDIT: Wondering if this would even work. I've been thinking about giving Selina a dip into Death Delver. She would need to have had a near-death experience (like going into negative HP) which I don't...think...she's done yet. That last battle against the uglies almost did it but for the Aid spell cast on her from parts as-yet unknown. Anyway, it would give her Rebuke Undead, which I think works with and separately from her Turn Undead.

RE: OoC thread - Crozar the Sunspot - 11-18-2020

Crozar has no armor.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 12:03 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: I wonder who could use those...

EDIT: Wondering if this would even work.  I've been thinking about giving Selina a dip into Death Delver.  She would need to have had a near-death experience (like going into negative HP) which I don't...think...she's done yet.  That last battle against the uglies almost did it but for the Aid spell cast on her from parts as-yet unknown.  Anyway, it would give her Rebuke Undead, which I think works with and separately from her Turn Undead.

From my reading of the ability, it sounds turning and rebuking are similar but different and because you can only Turn Undead you would get two separate pools.  One for Turning undead at your Cleric Level and one for Rebuking at the Death Delver level.

(11-18-2020, 12:09 AM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: Crozar has no armor.

Nang would have no problem with at least lending it to Crozar.

RE: OoC thread - Ningalu Baal'urki - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 01:26 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 12:09 AM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: Crozar has no armor.

Nang would have no problem with at least lending it to Crozar.

Especially since Nang cannot wear them right now.. and Ning has armor

as players we thought Nang was unavle to wear armour is why he recieved those

I have a question.

Tomeal is now a Paladin of Freedom!   Angel

There's a substitution level that removes Detect Evil and replaces it with Detect Undead.  What do you think?

Detect Undead
Lightbringer paladins are little different from standard paladins, and share the same compassion to pursue good, the will to uphold law, and the power to defeat evil. However, the lightbringer paladin has made it her specialization to seek out and destroy undead, seeing them as the penultimate manifestation of evil in the world.

Level: 1st.

Replaces: Detect evil.

Benefit: A lightbringer paladin can use this ability at will. This is a divination effect similar to a detect evil spell, except that it finds undead only (of any alignment). Unlike with detect evil, the lightbringer paladin doesn't need to concentrate to know all relevant information. At the moment the paladin uses the ability, she knows if there are any undead within a chosen 60-degree arc, knows the exact number , and knows their exact location. This ability is the equivalent of a 2nd-level spell. It is a spell-like ability.

RE: OoC thread - DM Vitkyng - 11-18-2020

Detect Evil has far more applications. Detect Undead is very situational.. i say it isn't worth it

(11-18-2020, 04:09 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Detect Evil has far more applications. Detect Undead is very situational.. i say it isn't worth it

How about this?

Gaze of Truth
For you, justice is paramount.

Level: 1st.

Replaces: If you choose this ability, you do not gain the ability to detect evil.

Benefit: You can discern when someone is lying to you, as the spell discern lies. You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier (minimum 1/day). The target is afforded a Will save (DC 10 + half your paladin level + your Charisma modifier). If he succeeds, you cannot discern lies from him for 24 hours. Each use of this ability lasts for 1 round per paladin level.

Additionally, you add detect evil to the paladin spell list.

Note: You should discuss this ability with your DM before choosing it. While it is appropriate for some campaigns, such ready use of a truth-finding ability can quickly spoil a game in which lies, subterfuge, and intrigue play a significant part.

RE: OoC thread - Reawyn - 11-18-2020

More useful than detect undead, but still not as good as detect evil