RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - DM Vitkyng - 10-25-2020

Only worry about Marshall is the extra paper work for you as a DM if you go with it because they shine most using Leadership. Marshal or cleric seem most IN CHARACTER for him. As does knight if you want sheer tankiness.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 10-25-2020

Knight works really well too, actually! Challenging enemies while they also have to deal with Selina’s Iron Guard’s Glare? Recipe for pwnage.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 10-25-2020

Tomeal needs Diplomacy and Sense motive.  Knight has neither skill.   Sad  

I'm trying to decide the best way for Tomeal to become a Holy Liberator.  He needs a 5 in both skills which means if they remain cross classed then he will qualify at 7th and Become a holy Liberator at 8th.

If he picks up a level of Marshal at 5th and 6th he can become a Holy Liberator at 7th.

If he picks up Cleric or Favored Soul there is not much point to pick up a second level because it might give him 1 more spell.  So he could grab another level of Fighter or 1st level Marshal.

As for a god to take, Selune seems like the goddess he would lean toward since he's had then most contact with her clergy.  The difference between Cleric and Favored Soul is really, Cleric has Domains which he would likely take Travel and (maybe) Chastity, and Favored Soul has +2 on all saves!

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 10-26-2020

You want to get him Divine Grace, eh? Wise plan. Especially if he has the Cha to back it up. Well, Cleric will get him Diplomacy and Sense Motive alright. Travel is a fantastic domain, but Chastity? Really? I mean...Okay, access to Mind Blank is good, but that's pretty high up there and most of the spells offered are already Cleric spells. Moon domain is one I always found fascinating. Just never thought about taking it with Selina because she was a healer first and a warrior...somewhere down the line. Night domain is also interesting.

EDIT: Sorry, Favored Soul and Marshal will get him Sense Motive, not Cleric. So maybe a level of each? I dunno. Pick up Practised Spellcaster and if he goes Marshall then Cleric, he can potentially cast 9th level spells.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 10-26-2020

Sorry, I thought Cleric gained sense motive too.  So that means it's favored Soul and Marshal.

As for Domains, I wasn't really looking at the spells.  I was looking at the domain powers.  After being controlled by the creature i thought he might like having a chance to dispel something influencing him.  But it doesn't matter anymore since Cleric doesn't have sense motive.

I don't think Practiced Spellcaster lets you cast more spells.  Doesn't it just increase the caster level of the spells you currently have?

Right. If he's picking up a level in Cleric at, say, 6th, And continues with Holy Liberator and something else, Practised Spellcaster adds 4 levels to that. So his caster level would be equal to his class level -2.

RE: OoC thread - Crozar the Sunspot - 10-26-2020

(10-25-2020, 11:39 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: As for a god to take, Selune seems like the goddess he would lean toward since he's had then most contact with her clergy.  

Given an opportunity Crozar would be happy to talk to him about Sanshad.

RE: OoC thread - Betimi - 10-26-2020

No one wants 6o hear Btimi preach the merits of Tenebrous or Dahlver-Nar?/ lol

As I said: Selina wants no part in telling Tomeal where to devote himself. She respects him WAY too much for that. Also...it's not the kind of thing she'd do anyway.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 10-26-2020

Since Cleric doesn't have Sense Motive, Domains don't matter anymore.  A Favored Soul of one deity is the same as any other deity.  So even without Selina's influence he would likely lean toward Selune.

Is there a Chaotic Good Paladin Variant that's a regular class?  

Holy Liberator IS basically a Chaotic Good Paladin.  They even cast spells off the Paladin list with a few exception.  H.L. also gives Aura of Resolve which would give him immunity to Enchantment and Compulsion spells and anyone within 10' a +4 on saves vs the same.  Ever since he fell into that Blood Rage he hasn't been able to forgive himself.  So H.L. seems perfect for him.  It's just how to get there.

The only full BAB class I could find that would let him become H.L. faster (6th level) is Swashbuckler and that just doesn't fit his style.  And the only thing he gets for Swashbuckler is weapon's Finesse which is a feat he doesn't need.

As for Divine Grace, Tomeal has a Cha 15 and at 8th level he can boost that up to 16.  So he does have to Cha to back it up.