RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 10-20-2020

I just sent Crozar a PM about updating his character and info about how he's going to be introduced.  There was a misunderstanding, about the rolls for his stats (mostly by me) so for anyone who previously saw his character, they've been adjusted.

RE: OoC thread - Crozar the Sunspot - 10-21-2020

(10-20-2020, 11:37 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: I just sent Crozar a PM about updating his character and info about how he's going to be introduced.  There was a misunderstanding, about the rolls for his stats (mostly by me) so for anyone who previously saw his character, they've been adjusted.

plenty of misunderstanding to go around. just pending a final clarification on equipment and Crozar will be ready to go.

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 10-21-2020

(10-19-2020, 05:47 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: What or whom is casting Aid on Selina and Tomeal?  Is the 22 spellcraft she got in the battle enough to know?

I do not believe Spellcraft can tell you WHO cast the spell.

You can identify a spell being cast but only if you can see or hear the spell's verbal or somatic components.  You didn't notice any sound or movement that would indicate any spell casting.

This is a mystery you're going to have to solve without Spellcraft.  And don't feel bad, no one has replied to your post so it must stump them too.  Tongue

RE: OoC thread - Kubo - 10-21-2020

Just a quick question, I just noted that the favored class for dwarfs is fighter, but Kubo has 1 level of barbarion and two levels of ranger. does this mean kubo just misses out on up to 3 skill points being that he is 3rd level, or does he also suffer an xp penalty?

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 04:37 AM)Kubo Wrote: Just a quick question, I just noted that the favored class for dwarfs is fighter, but Kubo has 1 level of barbarion and two levels of ranger. does this mean kubo just misses out on up to 3 skill points being that he is 3rd level, or does he also suffer an xp penalty?

This information is written in the House Rules thread in both Vitkyng's and My games.  

Unfortunately you've missed out on 6 skill points.  If you take levels in your race's favorite class you gain bonus skill points as a human does just for being human.  So 4 skill points at 1st level; then 1 skill point for each level in your favored class that you pick up.  Humans also get this (in addition to their human bonus) but their favored class is whatever class they started with at 1st Level.  There is no xp penalty for switching classes.

We do this because we want to give people an incentive to stick with their race's favored class rather than penalizing them switching classes.  

I've been considering giving a +1 skill point and +1 hit point per level for favored classes because giving just +1 skill point doesn't seem like much of an incentive.

RE: OoC thread - Ningalu Baal'urki - 10-21-2020

Oh I have my suspivions lol

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 10-25-2020

What would the group benefit most from:

• +2 Bonus on rolls made to confirm critical hits
  • +2 Bonus on disarm, trip, bull rush, and sunder attempts
  • +2 Bonus on Fortitude saves
  • +2 Bonus on rolls to overcome spell resistance
  • +2 Bonus on Will saves
  • +2 Bonus to Armor Class against attacks of opportunity
  • +2 Bonus on damage rolls when flanking
  • +2 Bonus on Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks
  • +2 Bonus on Constitution checks and Constitution-based skill checks
  • +2 Bonus on Dexterity checks, Dexterity-based skill checks, and initiative checks
  • +2 Bonus on Intelligence checks and Intelligence-based skill checks
  • +2 Bonus on Strength checks and Strength-based skill checks
  • +2 Bonus on Wisdom checks and Wisdom-based skill checks
  • +2 Bonus on damage rolls when charging
  • +2 Bonus on Reflex saves

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 10-25-2020

Not sure where this would be coming from, but...I have some thoughts:

Not sure how much flanking we do since, as of now, the only real melee threats in the party are Selina and Tomeal.  Selina's Reflex mod (+4) is, to be frank, pretty bad.  I think her Fort and Will saves are solid though.  We don't seem to be doing many combat maneuvers, even though Selina's Charging Minotaur is a Bull Rush maneuver that she rarely has the Strength to take advantage of.  Hmmm...bonus to Wisdom-based checks is always solid...Spot, Listen, Heal, Sense Motive.  As tempting as more damage would be, Selina would probably prefer that. The only question is...what's the cost? *whimpers*

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 08:16 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Not sure where this would be coming from, but...I have some thoughts:

Not sure how much flanking we do since, as of now, the only real melee threats in the party are Selina and Tomeal.  Selina's Reflex mod (+4) is, to be frank, pretty bad.  I think her Fort and Will saves are solid though.  We don't seem to be doing many combat maneuvers, even though Selina's Charging Minotaur is a Bull Rush maneuver that she rarely has the Strength to take advantage of.  Hmmm...bonus to Wisdom-based checks is always solid...Spot, Listen, Heal, Sense Motive.  As tempting as more damage would be, Selina would probably prefer that.  The only question is...what's the cost?  *whimpers*

There is no cost.  I was thinking of making Tomeal a Marshal for a couple of levels.  He would get to choose one of those auras to give to everyone.  Then next level he would gain a major aura which is +1 to one of these...
  • The marshal's allies gain damage reduction equal to the amount of bonus the aura provides.
  • Bonus on damage rolls
  • Bonus on melee attack rolls
  • Bonus to Armor Class
  • Allies' base land speed is increased by a number of feet equal to 5 x the amount of bonus the aura provides.
  • Bonus on all saves
  • Bonus on ranged attack rolls

The other option is have Tomeal pick up a level of cleric or Favored Soul.  

Favored soul gains:
+2 on all Saves
Cast spells like a sorcerer
May use wands and scrolls

Cleric:
+2 on Will Saves
Casts Spells
May use wands and Scrolls
Has 2 Domains (Honestly Selune's Domains aren't the greatest.)

What do you think?

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 10-25-2020

*drools at the delicious delicious Marshall auras!*

Pardon me. Okay, so in terms of Tomeal, I’ll think about the options in reverse. I agree with you about Selune. Besides Travel and *maybe* Night, domains aren’t great. But if I know Selina like I’m playing her, she would never, NEVER force Tomeal to follow any particular deity. Even her own. Also, Clerics are BA.

Favored Souls are cool. I’ve never gotten to play one before but they sound sweet.

I’ve played a Marshall once. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Everyone in the group loved him.

...I realize that isn’t much in the way of helping you come to a decision. All three options sounds great.

EDIT: ForgetIt. Not going to regret it. Having another cleric in the party would take a huge load of Selina’s back.