RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OoC thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 3rd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: The Company of Stalwart Adventurers (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: OoC thread (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 07-15-2020

(07-15-2020, 01:09 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Let me just say that I'm not liking this.  Not one little bit.

Tongue

Well, soon all will become clear!  

But, the creature to the south isn't "hiding."  It's just benefiting from some cover as it comes to see WTF is going on.  There usually isn't this much commotion down here.

You just have to stabby-stabby!

RE: OoC thread - Ningalu Baal'urki - 07-16-2020

Hey, at least all my spells are non-lethal, otherwiseSimon would be toast

RE: OoC thread - GM Marvel - 07-16-2020

(07-16-2020, 02:34 AM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: Hey, at least all my spells are non-lethal, otherwiseSimon would be toast

Yeah, being stunned would suck while a giant two-headed crocodile gnaws on you!  Big Grin

RE: OoC thread - Ningalu Baal'urki - 07-16-2020

(07-16-2020, 03:28 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 02:34 AM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: Hey, at least all my spells are non-lethal, otherwiseSimon would be toast

Yeah, being stunned would suck while a giant two-headed crocodile gnaws on you!  Big Grin

Ningalu might still  disable him an coup de gras. so the creature is the least of his worries.

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 07-16-2020

I'm actually not kidding.  A standard giant crocodile is a CR 4 threat.  This one seems to have a few...upgrades.  In addition, we're also facing Gd-knows-what on the other side of us trying to manipulate our minds and bodyshift us.  I'm having trouble believing that.  In addition, Selina cannot reach and attack the crocodile on this turn, meaning your threat in the IC thread may not involve any choice of hers.  Also, just one of those attacks, from just one of those heads, would take off half of her current health.  The other head would finish her off, and there goes the healer and tank, all in one.  I said earlier that I didn't like this.  I'm liking it far less.

(07-16-2020, 04:48 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: I'm actually not kidding.  A standard giant crocodile is a CR 4 threat.  This one seems to have a few...upgrades.  In addition, we're also facing Gd-knows-what on the other side of us trying to manipulate our minds and bodyshift us.  I'm having trouble believing that.  In addition, Selina cannot reach and attack the crocodile on this turn, meaning your threat in the IC thread may not involve any choice of hers.  Also, just one of those attacks, from just one of those heads, would take off half of her current health.  The other head would finish her off, and there goes the healer and tank, all in one.  

Giant Crocodiles are a CR4 but also have a Bite +11 melee (2d8+12) or tail slap +11 melee (1d12+12).  With the added +2 to hit for the charge, that gives it a +13 bite.  The only "upgrade" is the head. The group has already been told several times of the terrible things the Torque can do to creatures.  Nang was just turned into a Hand with a tail!  With the possible effects that could happen, a crocodile with 2 heads is not all that strange.

Quote:I said earlier that I didn't like this.  I'm liking it far less.

When you said this, I thought you were joking saying this, like, "I have a bad feeling about this!"  

Were you actually saying that you literally are not enjoying the game?

RE: OoC thread - Selina Parcellus - 07-16-2020

I can speak only for my character: I dislike this plane immensely. The game is great, but everything about this plane irritates and infuriates me. Every step we walk is on eggshells and this Torque thing just makes everything worse.

RE: OoC thread - Betimi - 07-16-2020

For Betimi however, it's just like home, but better because there are no overseers.

RE: OoC thread - Betimi - 07-16-2020

The date comment wasn't far off the mark, remember she was/is breeding stock

I'm sure I mention this back on the ship but you all should be at full health.  I don't believe you've taken any damage since the boat fight.  If you have please remind me because it's not coming to mind.